BY HARTZ

Hartz® UltraGuard® Reflecting Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs and Puppies.
Fits up to 20" necks.
Water resistant.
Kills: Fleas, ticks for up to 7 months.
White collar.
Reflects direct light up to 300 feet. see more...

• I've been looking at this product. I was wondering does t...1 Answers
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
In my opinion, Flea collars in general do not usually work very well. They may help the fleas from gravitating to the ears, nose, and mouth area some, but I have not found flea collars to work quite as well as the topical monthly treatments that tend to be more preventative.

However, there are times that flea collars may be your only option due to the age of the pet, health conditions, or even financially. In these cases, I would definitely say purchasing a flea collar is a great option because it does provide some relief to your pet!!

Remember, flea and tick medication and prevention are REALLY important for your pet and a loving and wise investment! Having fostered animals off and on for years, I have unfortunately witnessed some aweful things with animals over the years. I can tell you hands down that an animal that is covered in fleas and ticks can become VERY sick. Animals can contract Lymes disease too, which can make them very lethargic, cause loss in appetite, and cause their joints to become inflamed and hurt very badly. Also, fleas can make a pet SO miserable, cause them to be extremely restless, create sores all over their bodies, and if and when ingested, which is only a matter of time when animals have fleas.... they cause worms in the intestines AND can lead to heart worms! So, I recommend purchasing flea, tick, and heart worm prevention ALWAYS.

***Also, if cost is an issue google local low cost spay and neuter clinics in your area!! They most always offer *vaccines*, as well as *medication* like heart worm and *flea/tick meds* at a **MAJOR discount**, because their whole purpose is to make animal welfare and healthcare more affordable to prevent any outbreaks and to keep the cat and dog population down.

**For example, I purchased heartguard brand heart worm monthly prevention medicine for 5 dogs (4 small dogs and 1 large 100lb dog) and 6 months of heart worm prevention cost me $105.00 at the low cost spay and neuter clinic in Allen, TX! It was $20 per 6 month box of small (up to 25lbs) dog and $25 for a 6 month box of Large (up to 100lbs) doggie heart worm prevention!! At my vet, 1 box of 6 month heartguard prevention (SAME BRAND) cost me around $55. So, $20 at low cost clinic and $55 at my vet. That is insane. Since I began fostering animals and learning about low cost clinics, I have saved an enormous amount of money on vaccines, medications, and surgeries on both my forever animals and my foster animals. So, I’ve sworn to tell any and everyone about these clinics that offer lower costs, don’t charge an office visit, and have tons of vet techs to help you!

It is heartbreaking to witness all of the animals that end up at shelters, especially since the majority of shelters are kill shelters... the odds of an animal making it out of a shelter are slim to none. Help prevent unintended pregnancies of your animals by getting them spayed and neutered, please!!! And remember to check out local low cost clinics in your area!!! At every local low cost clinic in my area of Dallas/Fort Worth, having your animal spayed or neutered only costs between $45-$125... depending on the size of your pet. SO WORTH IT!!!
Jennifer N.
Gulfport, MS
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I give this 5 , because if your looking for a quick fix on a budget . This is your product. However, if you like to spend money for quality , not value, i would go with advantage. As a budget shopper that does math. Its better to do advantage in the long run if you have the cash at the time.
Angel A.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I originally bought this to prevent flea and ticks as I live in the country now. However, after looking more closely at the package and warning label I will not be using this on my pet. It clearly states that this product contains a chemical that is *known to cause cancer. I am extremely disappointed and also shocked it even included in this collar. It is very important to read the label!
Hannah R.
I buy the collars at walmart for about 5.00. I have 3 dogs and use them on all 3 every summer. They definitely last a long time, but sometimes they fall off easily. They do help with coverage for fleas and ticks but we live in the country so it does not always help. I still recommend to people.
Cayleen C.
Waxhaw
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This product is on the pricey end but if we’re being honest it saves money from buying the flea treatments and vet appointments. On the box it does say how often you have to change it so don’t @ me if I get it wrong but I believe if I’m correct you change it atleast 6-10 months. The science behind this is interesting as it is built wierd (a plastic with a flash bulb) but don’t get me wrong I live by woods and I promise you neither one of my dogs or cats have gotten any type of bug on their skin. I recommend this product for all furry friends.
Michelle W.
Olmsted Falls
These do not work for what you may be intending them for. Do not waste your money. Just FYI-fleas like to start congregating in the hind end first. This product only works on the particular area of the neck. If you are trying to decontaminate for fleas and flea eggs, you can place a collar like this in a vacuum bag to kill them. Otherwise, get yourself a good product. Call your local vet and ask them what they recommend. And definitely do NOT use Hartz flea products for dogs on a cat! Can lead to extreme muscle tremors and death!
Katie T.
Louisa, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
It’s actually pretty great priced and it’s the only thing we have realized that works even to it’s extremely easy for her to scratch off because it just slides on it doesn’t clip or anything! But you can find it anywhere
damari m.
Laredo, TX
my dogs usedto have alot of thicks and fleas and i did not knew how get rid of them and i bought this hoping for it to work and it was on of the best decisions because it HELPED alot!!! they are gone !!
Hannah C.
Springdale, AR
This product does a good job. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to last as long as the box says it does. It works for a small amount of time and then it wears off.
Debbie H.
Toms River, NJ
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This is the only brand of flea and tick collars we use one our dogs. With 4 dogs it is important to us that we are ontop of tge flea and tick situation at all times. Hartz Brand has never let us down and our dogs are healthy and happy. I definitely recommend this product.
Tamaya T.
Beaufort, NC
I've been looking at this product. I was wondering does this product work as well as the drops?

Walmart