BY HARTZ #5 in Health & Grooming

Hartz® Ultra Guard Plus® Drops for Cats.
For use on cats 5 lbs. and over.
Kills: Fleas, deer ticks and flea eggs for up to 1 month.
Kills and repels mosquitoes.
3 months supply. see more...

Buy on
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I will never waste another dollar on this stuff. It didn't do anything except make my puppy suffer thinking it was just going to take time to work. After days and weeks and months of using and retrying and flea baths and flea collars and sprays and this from this brand none of them worked but this stuff is supposed to be the stuff that really does it and everything else is just extra security. With frontline it seeps into the skin, gets into the fat cells and comes up onto the pets skin and hair killing any flea it comes into contact with. I still catch a flea or two on my dog with frontline but its gone in 9 hours or less as promised. I tried to take a shortcut and save money and I used this as directed but it didn't work. For 6 months I gave it a chance and tried different combinations and methods of flea control with this. But I can say without a doubt this did absolutely nothing. It was a complete waste of money. Even doubling the dose doesn't do a thing.
Gabriella S.
United States
This product doesn't really work very well. I used this for a couple months while trying to fight off a flea infestation in my apartment and this didn't seem to kill the ones on my cats as fast or as well as Advantage does. Maybe if I wasn't trying to use it during a bad summer flea infestation in Florida it would have been alright. Most likely won't be using this again though.
Savannah C.
Diana
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I only recently bought this and you can tell a difference between before fleas and after. It’s only around $5 for a 3 month supply which is a great deal. I’m not sure if it’s good for if your cat goes outside sometimes but your cat will scratch at his/her neck and lick it for a while, it helps to spread it but is safe from what I get.
EricaRae S.
Spokane Vly, WA
Recommend to any cat owner for your pest control needs to keep your feline happy and itch free from ear mites Nd fleas pros of this product are they are easy to use and you can purchase them at almost every store
Jennifer K.
SPANAWAY
It seems like a pretty good product. We haven't had any problems with fleas, etc since we've been using the product. Our older fatter cats seemed okay with it. The only thing was with our younger skinnier one, he was much more flexible and able to somehow always manage to get to/lick the application area. So I had to take extra time to distract him, so it could dry out a bit more. The smell seemed to only bother the smaller/flexible cat, probably because he was always trying to get to it/lick it off. Because they tend to groom themselves after applications, we would usually have a routine to minimize hairballs etc: sometimes a bath & dry, brush them, clip nails, apply soft claws, apply the drops, watch them a bit and put them outside to let it dry.
Becca B.
Ocala
Only rating one star because I have to. This product is TERRIBLE. Do not use on your fur baby. Bought this product from Walmart and a few days after use my cat lost her fur where I had applied it. Took her to the vet and they said it was an allergic reaction. Treated her accordingly. Thinking it was just a reaction to that specific cat, I decided to use the second tube on another one of my cats. The day after use my cat passed away. I would not recommend anyone use this on their pet. My experience with this product was terrible and will not purchase or use ever again.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
These may be “budget friendly” but they DO NOT WORK. Do not let the small price tag fool you in to thinking you are getting a great deal on flea preventative. I would not waste your time, money, or energy investing in this as it does not so its job and you are way better off just buying some higher end, name brand.
Gaby R.
Los Angeles
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Fleas are tricky. This has not really worked for us but we may not be consistent enough. One of our cats got a rash when we used it on him so we stay away from this type. We haven’t had the best experiences with Hartz brand flea products. We were turned off immensely once one of our cats got a HUGE scab on the back of his neck after using it which almost was like a burn. He also got kind of sick and threw up while using it too. We had to spend extra time and money dealing with the consequences so now we stay away as we don’t want to hurt our kitty.
Tom B.
Potsdam
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
As soon as I put this on my cat he started to act very strange and one of his eyes started to look bad. After a few minutes I did my best to wipe it all off of him because he was not himself at all. After this experience I saw that other people have had their cats die because of this product. DO NOT BUY!!!
Rosalie @.
W Bloomfield, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This was a really terrible product and total waste of money. It did absolutley nothing to rid my cat of fleas - he's still scratching and itching as much as before. The application of the product was the worst I've seen yet. The liquid spread from the base of his neck all the way down his shoulder blades, making it easy to lick and ingest. Stay away from this garbage.