BY HARTZ

Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs protects your pet from fleas and ticks, even the disease carrying deer ticks which are the ticks responsible for Lyme Disease. Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs is for puppies after the age of twelve weeks and older dogs. Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea and Tick Shampoo completely cleans and deodorizes your dog's fur coat and underlying skin with special cleaners and flea and tick eliminating agents while also leaving a fresh clean scent. This dog flea eliminating treatment shampoo is applied like any shampoo by first wetting the dog's coat and then rubbing a moderate amount of shampoo over the dog, starting at his head and carefully avoiding getting any product in the pet's eyes. Take the shampoo back over the dog, from front to tail, creating a suds of foamy lather. Continue massaging Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea and Tick Shampoo in for about five minutes, or, you could just let the shampoo stand for the same length of time before rinsing and towel drying. Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs can be repeated once each week for best results. see more...

• Does this product have any negative side effects? BE HONEST!2 Answers
  • Has anyone had any adverse affects? 2 Answers
  • How affective is this product? 2 Answers
Theresa D.
We used Hartz flea shampoo on our dogs when we had a serious infestation. One of my dogs has extremely sensitive skin and it made her very uncomfortable. It dried our dogs skin out and didn't even put a dent in the flea problem we had. It is cheap but the quality is cheap as well. We wouldn't purchase again.
Mollee S.
Cabot, AR
We have gone through a ton of this Shampoo just in the last week. Flea are awful where I am living and it impossible to find products that keep the fleas away. This shampoo has helped to kill what's on them but is not intended to keep them away, like something I'd prefer.
Ashley D.
Antioch, CA
Didn't work for my dog. She still had fleas except around her neck. The collar stinks and the smell never goes away. Also the powder rubs off and gets every where.
Stephanie s.
Pet Lover Expert
The main reason to buy a flea and tick shampoo is to 1. get rid of the fleas and 2. prevent them from coming back, hertz ultragaurd does not do either of these things. Yes they are cheap, yes they do get my dogs fur shiny and clean, but he still has some fleas and still gets them quick after use. My dog has a flea allergy so getting rid of these pesky bugs is very important for my dogs health. I wont be purchasing it again. Hartz Rid Flea & Tick Shampoo, Fresh Scent, 18 oz
Jenny S.
Niota, IL
F This company, F their products, literally awful!!!!! Please spare yourself the stress and despair trying to figure out WHY your dog has SEIZURES!!! This is why!!!! Don't use ANYTHING from HARTZ, PLEASEEEEEE! you will thank me later.
Ashley S.
Absolutely horrible product. The worst shampoo I have ever used. It made my dog's skin red and gave me a rash as well. I purchased it for my Corgi from Walmart, and I can guarantee I will never buy it again. I recommend for everyone else to look elsewhere as well.
Paige W.
This shampoo really did work on my dogs. I combed out the fleas and after the bath my dogs didn't scratch anymore. The shampoo also has a clean smell and my dogs enjoy bath time. I'm so glad they we had found a shampoo that actually worked for our dogs
Payton C.
Boiling Springs
We used this for my dogs when our house suddenly had been infested with fleas and it definitely killed a lot of them while giving the dogs a bath! They’d come right off, even from my one dogs super long, fluffy fur. It does the job, but it has a limit.
Allyssa P.
Boaz , AL
Love this shampoo! My puppy lives insode but loves to wander when I let her outside. We wash her in this shampoo to keep ticks and fleas from getting into our home and it works great! It also has a very subtle smells so it is great! Buy this at walmart
Taylor R.
It gets the job done. I wish it was more sudsy and easier to spread across the dog without having to use so much. My dog is a puppy so he's still relatively small. My dog also has dry skin, next time I think I will try the oatmeal kind.
Brianna H.
How affective is this product?
taelor b.
Eau Claire, WI
Has anyone had any adverse affects?
Tory P.
Orlando, FL
Does this product have any negative side effects? BE HONEST!