Hartz Cuttlebone with Holder for all Pet Birds uploaded by Krista P.

BY HARTZ #84 in Dog Accessories

Hartz® Cuttlebone with Holder For All Pet Birds.
Natural way to keep beaks trimmed.
Great source of calcium. see more...

Buy on Walmart*
Krista P.
Dickson, TN
Pet Lover Expert
I don't have a bird, but we try Hartz Cuttlebone with Holder for all Pet Birds for our turtles. I don't know what it is with this brand, but it rots MUCH quicker than others we've tried. I gave to 2 stars because I understand that it's marketed for birds, and I used it for turtles- but cuttlebone is a source of calcium for them and there are plenty if other brands that do not decay as rapidly as this brand.
Dani S.
My 'keet loves cuttlebones to death, and we tried these hartz ones before we got a dedicated cuttlebone holder for his cage. We thought the hooks on back would be enough to secure it to the cage, but it kept falling off (even when Gerard wouldn't be using it roughly).

Overall, the actual cuttlebone was average. He seems to like the flavored or colored varieties more, so we don't give him these hartz ones anymore. But they did work at keeping his beak trim and he did enjoy what little use he got out of them before they flipped off into the bottom of his cage.
Joselyne G.
Denver, CO
This Product has workes for my parrot only in the beggining. He adored it but now it is just aomething on his cage and it has been months since he doesn't touch it. I've tried moving it places to see if he wants it but no. He doesn't.
Keflyn D.
Pet Lover Expert
Works great for my cockatiel who needs to trim his beak up or else it gets too long. He loves it and even talks to it.
Nettiejo H.
These are good but can cause their beaks to become to sharp. If your bird is still biting, wait to use
klassandra k.
Wailuku, HI
At one point i had 9 parakeets in a huge cage inside of my home. every morning they would make so much noise that my neighbors started to complain so what i did was, i woke up around 4am uncovered their cage and placed 5 Hartz cuttlebones in their cage with a few other fun toys so instead of chirping until they woke the whole neighborhood, they would play! i would take the toys and cuttlebones out around 8am because birds do get tired of the same old toys if you leave it in their for too long. the cuttlebones would last about a week before i threw them out and bought new ones. it also helped to shape the beak of one of my parakeets who was born with an awkward shaped beak. highly recommended!
Makayla K.
Corpus Christi, TX
Pet Lover Expert
I buy these all the time and she'll throw them into her water bowl they don't hang well
Jenna R.
Riverview , FL
I have a cockateil and he LOVES these. He rubs his beak up against them and also like to chew on them. It sharpens his beak which makes it easier for him to break open seeds that he eats. I buy a new one for him about every two to three weeks and have for the past few weeks. An awesome product if you own a bird its a must have.
Tiffany S.
PNW
Pet Lover Expert
My parakeets loved these! Cheap & good quality cuttlebone that's great for all birds.
Mandi H.
Williston, FL
Unfortunately my yellow nape amazon was not impressed and didn't like it. My green cheek conure on the other hand loved it. I wish my amazon had limed it because it is a good source of calcium.
Keflyn D.
Pet Lover Expert
Why is this listed in top dog supplies?