Hartz Advanced Care 2in1 Flea and Tick Dog Shampoo

BY HARTZ #7 in Dog Grooming & Bathing

Hartz® UltraGuard™ Rid Flea & Tick™ Shampoo provides immediate relief to your dog from fleas and ticks.  Hartz shampoos always leave your dog smelling fresh. Fresh Citrus Scent cleansing shampoo Effectively kills fleas and ticks Cleans & Deodorizes Active Ingredients: Pyrethrins  .....  0.045% Piperonyl butoxide, Technical*  .....  0.089% N-octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide  .....  0.149% Other Ingredients   .....  99.717% Total  .....  100.00% *Equivalent to 0.071% ether and 0.018% related compounds For More Information:  Call our flea and tick experts at . see more...

Hartz Advanced Care  2in1 Flea and Tick Dog Shampoo
Hartz Advanced Care 2in1 Flea and Tick Dog Shampoo
Shyanne M.
Russellville, AR
This dog shampoo is very affordable that is why I bought it. The scent is amazing and does linger on your pet meaning they will smell good for awhile. The only problem that I have noticed, is my pets are still just as itchy after using the soap, and Ive found a few live fleas still on the pets after using this soap. I don't think it should be used as a stand alone flea control method because it doesnt get rid of all of them. (Side note: my dogs dont have a severe flea problem, but one of them is quite large with very thick fur... The shampoo worked great on my tiny cheagle) if there was a sever problem this might only slightly help. This brand does sell many other flea control products. This is just one of their cheaper shampoo options.
Ashley K.
Boonville, MO
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Always rely on this shampoo and love the smell!!! I have used Hurtz band since I was a little girl and got my first puppy. When my fiancé’s dog got fleas this was the shampoo I made him get because I knew I worked!! I got rid of all the fleas on his long haired dog in two baths. Also takes care of ticks very well. I can’t live without this product and brand. I always reliable for all pet owners. You can get this shampoo from Walmart, target, and pet smart. If you’re struggling with fleas in your home and yard... your pets are the ones bringing them in. Struggling get this product and it will do wanders forgot your pet.
Zerlaine P.
Miami
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I bought this shampoo because one of my dog has many dandruff on her back, and I thought this shampoo will help with this. However, 3 days after she used the shampoo, there was dandruff around her eyes too. I'm thinking maybe I should stop using this shampoo for her.
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I have used Hartz on my dog before and it seems to do a decent job. It smells clean and rids your dog of fleas and ticks. You can buy this basically anywhere. I recommend you give it a try!
Barbara V.
Richardson, TX
I care for a Shi Tzu who got fleas 2 weeks within adopting him. He's one who loves the outdoors and rolling in the grass, so it wasn't surprising. After using this product, he wasn't scratching himself like crazy anymore and we've not found any fleas on him. It's not as conditioning as we want it to be, seeing as he has long hair, but he's happy and as are we. It has a light scent as well, as the owner abandoned the last shampoo for the scent being too strong.
Maritza R.
E Providence, RI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love this product because smells delicious, it also prevents my dog from getting tick, my dog enjoy taking baths, so this is perfect to keep her clean and it is not expensive, I definitely recommend it.
Nina B.
Spurger, TX
This is great for flea baths! My dogs enjoy their time outside and fleas are inevitable but a quick bath with this flea wash does the trick. It has a pleasant scent too and doesn't agitate my beloved furry friends skin. I also love how cheap it is. I recommend it to all dog owners!
Jessica L.
I used this for my pet even thought I don't believe they have fleas but I do use it once in a while just in case I love the smell of it, it's just its not a soapy as the regular shampoos so I have to use more but I use it with other shampoos it's ok i would recommend
Destynee R.
Smyrna, DE
This product was okay. It did it’s job of killing the fleas on my dogs but didn’t do a great job of killing eggs or really preventing fleas from returning. The smell isn’t great and I have used much better products for this reason.
Lauren M.
Tampa, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I love this stuff. I have three dogs and one of them has an allergy to fleas. I use this in addition to their flea medication to ensure no fleas bite my babies. It works great and doesn’t smell bad like most of the other products I’ve tried.
Manuela A.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Where can I buy this product?
Alisha T.
Watertown, NY
Can you recommend a shampoo that is safer than this and still works to gt rid of fleas?
Samantha R.
Norwell, MA
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Will this take away my dogs fleas?
LaJessica M.
I need a product for my puppy. How's this product?