Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban uploaded by Reem M.Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban uploaded by Pia K.Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban uploaded by rebecca w.

BY BLOOMSBURY JUVENILE UK

J.K. (Joanne Kathleen) Rowling was born in Gloucestershire, U.K. on July 31, 1965. Rowling attended Tutshill Primary and then went on to Wyedean Comprehensive where she was made Head Girl in her final year. She received a degree in French from Exeter University. She later took some teaching classes at Moray House Teacher Training College and a teacher-training course in Manchester, England. This extensive education created a perfect foundation to spark the Harry Potter series that Rowling is renowned for. After college, Rowling moved to London to work for Amnesty International, where she researched human rights abuses in Francophone Africa, and worked as a bilingual secretary. In 1992, Rowling quit office work to move to Portugal and teach English as a Second Language. There she met and married her husband, a Portuguese TV journalist. But the marriage dissolved soon after the birth of their daughter. It was after her stint teaching in Portugal that Rowling began to write the premise for Harry Potter. She returned to Britain and settled in Edinburgh to be near her sister, and attempted to at least finish her book, before looking for another teaching job. Rowling was working as a French teacher when her book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was published in June of 1997 and was an overnight sensation. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone won the British Book Awards Children's Book of the Year, was shortlisted for the Guardian Fiction Award, and received a Commended citation in the Carnegie Medal awards. She also received 8,000 pounds from the Scottish Arts Council, which contributed to the finishing touches on The Chamber of Secrets. Rowling continued on to win the Smarties Book Prize three years in a row, the only author ever to do so. At the Bologna Book Fair, Arthur Levine from Scholastic Books, bought the American rights to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the unprecedented amount of $105,000.00. The book was retitled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for it's American release, and proceeded to top the Best Seller's lists for children's and adult books. The American edition won Best of the Year in the School Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, Parenting Magazine and the Cooperative Children's Book Center. It was also noted as an ALA Notable Children's Book as well as Number One on the Top Ten of ALA's Best Books for Young Adults. The Harry Potter Series consists of seven books, one for each year of the main character's attendance at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. All of the books in the series have been made into successful movies. She has also written Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. Rowling's first novel for an adult audience, The Casual Vacancy, was published by Little Brown in September 2012. see more...

Sherry B.
Jasper, GA
This series is amazing. I e read them watched them and keep going back to them. The stories are amazing in character and detail and they touch your heart again and again.
Jane B.
My favorite book in the series, this book is so unlike the others (the only time Harry doesn't fight Voldemort), and I love that we learn about the Marauders and meet Harry's parents' friends. Plus the Time Turner bit is just iconic.
Safiyyah S.
Poway, CA
The prisoner of azkaban is both my favorite movie and book because of the addition of Sirius and Remus and the concept of the Marauders
saadiya c.
im a huge fan of the books and movie. these series beings me back to you childhood. I would recommend reading all the books,
Lu C.
Love the Harry Potter series! However this book/movie was probably my least favorite in the whole series.
Autumn I.
I can't choose which Harry Potter book is my #1 (although I'm almost certain it's Philosopher's Stone, because I always love the book that introduced me to it all), but I know this is one of my favorites. This is Harry's 3rd years at Hogwarts, and our introduction to Sirius Black (a favorite character of mine.) I really think these books are past the point of reviews swaying their popularity in any way, so this all feels pointless: But yes, I'm a Potter nut and HIGHLY recommend you read this series (and watch the movies!)
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Pia K.
Maribor
Oh. My. God. This. Is. Amazing! Harry Potter is simply the best. I am not really into fantasy and that stuff, but I'm obsessed with the whole series. 10/10 recommend. You won't be disappointed. The author's imagination is just unbelievable. Great!🙌
Jessica C.
The best of the series is this book. Many things are detailed and more is known about Harry's past.For me, this is my favorite book. I recommend it for children and adults.
Dima A.
Amman jabal alnatheef
i am a huge fan of harry potter serise but this one is the best reading it will make u imagine every part of the story and make u enjoy the magical events
Gabriela C.
I love this book. it is my favorite book of ALL times. I couldn't stop reading it until I finished the hole thing!