BY J. K. ROWLING

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is a fantasy novel written by British author J. K. Rowling and the third in the Harry Potter series. The book follows Harry Potter, a young wizard, in his third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Along with friends Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, Harry investigates Sirius Black, an escaped prisoner from Azkaban who they believe is one of Lord Voldemort's old allies.

• Is this your favorite book? If so, why?17 Answers
  • How many times have you read this book?20 Answers
  • Favorite scene from the book? Mine of course is when Siri...10 Answers
Amy R.
Waterford, PA
I just love the entire Harry Potter series. She is a literary genius.

The thing I like best about this book is that for one year out of his entire Hogwarts life, Harry is not being stalked and attempted to be murdered by Voldy. He actually has something else going on for once.

Would I say this is my favorite book in the series? No. But it is a nice break from routine and provides us with some refreshing insight into Harry’s parents and their friends.
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I’ve loved the Harry Potter books ever since they first came out (yes, way before the movies, lol). I remember having to do the dishes when I was in middle school, and I would have this propped up even in the middle of chores because I couldn’t put the books down.
Gina L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I love this book! You learn so much about the characters and you really start to care for them like they’re real people haha. The plot and character development is great. It’s definitely a must read!
Sarah D.
My favorite book in the series. I loved sirius's story and the unfolding that took place in this book. A lot of backstory and a great storyline yet again from rowling.
Riah W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is my favourite book and movie in the entire series. I love sirius and remus. They are my two favourite characters in the series. All of the books are amazing, but this one has to be my all time favourite. J.K is an amazing writer and I love all of her books.
Paola T.
Reno, NV
I love the whole “going back to the past” and “future sequences” mix. The author does a good job at creating the perfect storyline and connecting all the events together in the end. It also arises some feelings of compassion throughout the whole book, which makes it great.
Anastasya V.
Panama City, FL
In book #3 things begin to get a little more serious. The characters begin to grow more into those teenage years and the plot thickens as Harry begins to realize he does have family left out there that wants to be apart of his life.
Allie H.
St Louis, MO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
As one of the early Harry Potter books, this book has all of the child like magic and new-ness that stems from the first book. It also introduces many of the important characters in the series, making it a must-read for any new fan!
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
One of the most action packed of the Harry Potter series. I recommend this series to middle school children on up. In this one, there is a mysterious prisoner that Harry learns more about.
Alisha C.
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Excellent book I recommend anyone to read it. Harry Potter is full of magic and fun. You’re never too old to like Harry Potter.
Jessi O.
Sparks, NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
How many times have you read this book?
Robyn B.
Broken Arrow, OK
Is this your favorite book? If so, why?
Anna K.
Savannah, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Favorite scene from the book? Mine of course is when Sirius' true identity is revealed!
Mary P.
Anyone know where I can find this book ?
Elizabeth H.