Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

by David Yates

Emboldened by the return of Lord Voldemort, the Death Eaters are wreaking havoc in both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Dumbledore is intent upon preparing Harry for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. He needs Harry to help him uncover a vital key to unlocking Voldemort's defenses--critical information known only to Hogwarts' former Potions Professor, Horace Slughorn. Meanwhile, teenage hormones rage across the ramparts as Harry's long friendship with Ginny Weasley is growing into something deeper. But standing in the way is Ginny's boyfriend, Dean Thomas, not to mention her big brother Ron. Ron's got romantic entanglements of his own to worry about, with Lavender Brown lavishing her affections on him, leaving Hermione simmering with jealousy yet determined not to show her feelings. One student, however, remains aloof with far more important matters on his mind. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one.

Was this the best of the movies?
Is this the last harry potter?
Is this the last harry potter?
Start your review of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!
How would you rate this product?
2 years agoSpringfield, GA
In the Order of the Phoenix the kids and schools prepare for the war that they all know is coming. The ministry steps in and we are faced with, in my option, the most aggravating charger I have ever met.
3 years agoRensselaer, NY
Harry Potter! While the book held a lot more information, you really see the series begin to come to the climax in this movie. A lot of the hints and secrets of the previous movies come forward and the Wizarding world expands and you see both the good and evil in it.
3 years agoPittsburgh, PA
I am completely obsessed with Harry Potter. The half blood prince is my favorite movie out of the series! Watching Daniel, Rupert and Emma Grow up together in the series is one of the best things! I watch this movie over and over again! I can never get enough
3 years agoDoral, FL
I am obsessed with Harry Potter, I love the books as well as the movies, once you get started on the you just can't stop. Honestly before even having read or looked at the movies, I thought this was something I wouldn't like, but I was completely wrong, I can't get enough of this, each one is filled with drama, fantasy, adventure and excitement. They're all unique in their own way and the main characters would just make you fall in love with them. I cannot stretch how much I recommend these.
3 years ago
I can't live without Harry Potter, PERIOD. Best series ever, and so much imagination. Rowlings is a genius! I love the graphics and I thought they did an OK job in trying to stay as much with the books as possible, but there's just so much always going on in the books trying to smoosh it into a movie would take hours!!! Not like we wouldn't all watch em though.... ;)
4 years agoDurham, NC
As a die-hard Harry Potter fan, having read all the books numerous times, I was eagerly anticipating this film, particularly given the high quality of the previous 3 movies. I was not disappointed! Amazing acting, brilliant filmography, and beautiful scenery, this movie is great for fans of all ages.
3 years agoCharlotte, NC
I adore all the harry potter books. This series is incredible, and even as an adult I enjoy going back and reading these tales from my childhood! The characters were so strong and developed and the plot was phenomenal! Highly recommend reading! The movie really depicted the books!
5 years agoLexington, KY
I love all the Harry Potter books and movies. I can't wait till my son is old enough to start reading them. First time reading them I was so wrapped up in the series that I finished as fast as I could, hopefully with my son we can slow down a bit and maybe catch things that I missed. We already do watch the movies and I think they are just as great as the books.
5 years agoNew Albany, IN
I love Harry Potter everything. Movies, books, amusement park, ect. Harry Potter is one of the best young adult book series to come out in such a long time. It forces you to think creatively and JK Rowling sure knows how to write a page turner.
3 years agoNorfolk, VA
Definitely one of my favorite series and books from the series. stays true to the book while bringing you into the world of hogwarts with the threat of voldemort. keeps you interested from start to finish and rooting for the characters you once hated.