BY NONE #36 in Books

• Did anyone else feel like it was almost like reading fanfiction? ...2 Answers
  • I decided to re-read the entire series before this came out but I...5 Answers
  • Has anyone read this yet? Is it as good as the other harry books?1 Answers
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One & Two (Special Rehearsal Edition Script): The Official Script Book of the Original West End Production
Buy on Walmart
Erin M.
Butler, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book seemed a bit like fan fiction to me, and considering it wasn't written by the original owner, it actually is pretty much approved fan fiction about the future of the characters from the original novel. It seemed a bit forced and unbelievable with several plot holes that threw me off. That being said, I appreciate anything in the Harry potter realm and loved reading about the original characters again.
Elisibeth S.
Fairview park
I love the Harry Potter series. I wish I could say I loved this book. The storyline is so off for it to be considered part of the series. What I love about the Harry Potter books is how complex they are and how they slowly start tying all the loose ends. Not this one. This one seems like it came from something completely different. Kind of a big let down
Jewelen D.
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This was one of the most disappointing books I've ever read. The fact that it was written as a play didn't bother, that was what drew me to the book in the first place. The content was the most terrible part of this book. It read like a very badly written fanfiction. It like they didn't even read the the Harry Potter Series. It just makes me sad.
Brook B.
Frostburg, MD
I'm addicted to reading books, I've bought and read 20 in this past year and I normally finish them even if they aren't the best but for some reason I just couldn't do that with this one. I tried so hard, I love the Harry Potter books, so I was excited when this came out and I honestly could not get into it at all. Maybe it was from how the book was set up, I'm not sure but I couldn't even care to finish it. I did not enjoy it at all.
C S.
pineville, louisiana
I love this book so much. The packaging is very nice. I have not read more books from the author. The storyline is good. The author is good. Try this book. It is affordable. It was effective. I love this book so much.
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I have so many mixed emotions about this book or screenplay whatever it’s called. Even bought it has J. K. Rowling’s name on it I’m not sold. It was wonderful but it could have been so much better. I was just disappointed.
Darinda G.
Lowville, NY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I am a huge fan of all harry potter box so when I heard that they were writing this book I decided that I would give reading this a shot. I bought this book off of Walmart.com and it was very affordable.
Gissela E.
Laredo, TX
Bookworm Expert Level 1
If I could give this FANFICTION a zero stars I would. This book is a complete contradiction to the Harry Potter series! It’s as if those so called authors didn’t bother to actually read the books and come up with this ludicrous of a so called plot! Hate it. The characters were out of character and for them to think that we’re that stupid to actually believe this crap is insulting.
Paola T.
Reno, NV
This book is different than the Harry Potter book collection. Although the characters are not the same and the storyline is written in form of a play, it is still interesting and will trap the reader and take him/her far away.
Becky R.
Ogden, UT
The story in this is good but it just doesn't have the feeling of Harry Potter. Part of this is because it is written as a play and part of this is because it is not actually written by JK Rowling herself. Interesting plot and I like the things that they did, but it just felt lackluster in comparison to the Harry Potter series.
Megan H.
Coraopolis, PA
Did anyone go to a midnight release party for this?
Kelsie A.
Danville, KY
I was wondering what this book is like I'm thinking about reading it I loved the others but I'm not sure how I'll feel about a screenplay! Is this worth my time?
Savannah L.
Franklin, TN
I decided to re-read the entire series before this came out but I got a little behind. I'm excited to read it. I must ask, however, did this book make you as emotional as the Deathly Hallows? (No spoilers pls!)
Nida S.
Okay so who ordered this book and how excited are you to read it???? Or are you a little nervous like me? Scared it might affect your love of HP?
Deanna K.
Caledonia, ON
I really want to read this but I've read mix reviews. Should I or shouldn't I?