BY J. K. ROWLING

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a fantasy novel written by British author J. K. Rowling and the second novel in the Harry Potter series. The plot follows Harry's second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, during which a series of messages on the walls of the school's corridors warn that the "Chamber of Secrets" has been opened and that the "heir of Slytherin" would kill all pupils who do not come from all-magical families. These threats are found after attacks which leave residents of the school "petrified" (frozen like stone). Throughout the year, Harry and his friends Ron and Hermione investigate the attacks.

Maria D.
Chula Vista, CA
This is one of my favorite books from the Harry Potter series, and of all times. It has an awsome storyline and amazing twists. We all know that J.K. Rowling is the best in what she does. This book is defenitly a must read!
Sarah D.
Another great storyline. I enjoyed harry learning more about himself and the foreshadowing of tge darkness from within to come in later books. I enjoyed the book version much more than the movie for this one because they play ginny off to be a very timid, unintelligent little girl in the movies but in the books she's much more of a strong character.
Megan S.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Great story line, easy read for adults and high level readers, great author-love all her books! I would highly recommend every child reads the series but start at the beginning. I would also recommend reading them before watching the movies
Gina L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
TheChamber of Secrets is the second book in the Harry Potter series. We learn more about the characters and their past. You really come to love these characters. It’s a must read! U would recommend this series to others.
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I’ve loved the Harry Potter books ever since they first came out (yes, way before the movies, lol). I remember having to do the dishes when I was in middle school, and I would have this propped up even in the middle of chores because I couldn’t put the books down.
Le Neigh S.
Sartell, MN
Just as good as the first one! This is where they storyline of Harry Potter really seems to unfold. The first one didn’t have an incredible dark overtone, but Chamber of Secrets is really where the dark lord begins to show. Great book! The whole series is a must read!
Riah W.
1,895 reviews
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I read all of these books in a week in the 3rd grade and have re-read them again since then. These are amazing books and a big part of my childhood. I love J.K.Rowling and her writing, she's one of the authours that inspired me to start writing in the first place.
Shelby W.
Portland, OR
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The next book in the series is a total page turner and full of action. Now that Harry is a year older and learning that he is a wizard, he is finally finding his place. I recommend this book to middle school age children on up.
Paola T.
Reno, NV
I like how this book shows how much the characters have matured and grown up. It is a little bit more darker than the first one, and one can start to sense the danger and suspense in the story line. Great job to continue the first part!
Allie H.
Maryland Hts, MO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This is another early Harry Potter book, but it also introduces some darker elements to the series as the character mature with age. Another awesome book from JK Rowling, it marks the beginning of the friendship of Harry and Ginny.
Ruth R.
How long did it take you guys to read this book?
Luciana V.
What book is your favorite by far?
Nicole C.
Montour Falls, Ny
What is your favorite scene from the movie?
kat m.
Austin, TX
Which movie is your favorite in the series?
Elizabeth H.
Byron Center, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How many pages is this?

iTunes

iTunes was opened in another window. If you made a purchase CashBack will be automatically added to your Ebates account tomorrow.