Add a Photo

By HARD CANDY
#151 in Face Primer
Now, you can achieve the long-lasting, radiant look you want from your makeup by using Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer. Make this product the first step in your daily makeup routine, simply by applying this primer prior to putting on the rest of your...
Photos (32)
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
Holland , Mi

Ok, the thing about this primer is that it is full. Of glitter. I expected a bit of shimmer, maybe, being that it was illuminating, but man, I did not expect the amount of glitter that was in there. Once you put foundation over it, the glitter disappears, which...At that point, what was the point? I didn't feel like it was very "illuminizing", I feel like for a drugstore primer it's fine, wasn't great, wasn't the worst, but at the same time...seriously, going back to the glitter, it's just awful, and it WILL get everywhere, your hands will be covered.
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
Meridian

I love primers, I can't put on makeup without them. There's so many brands and its had to choose just one. I love the hard candy sheer envy primer. It goes on very thick and a little bit goes a long way. I really like the finish it leaves though, my face is very smooth and my foundation slides right on top. I haven't noticed a huge change in any redness or full coverage but when I'm looking for just a smooth matte look this is my go to
Adriana R.
Adriana R.

Today is the first day I've used this primer. My face is combo skin but more to the dry side. I was surprised how well it filled in my forehead lines, covered my pores near nose and my fine lines under my yes. My face was smooth through out the day. Didn't Make My Face OILY And Kept My Makeup on. No creases under my eyes which was great. The consistency is smooth. I put it on 30mins before applying foundation.
Renee M.
Renee M.
Rogers, OH

I have this primer in illuminating. It does seem to keep me looking pretty matte all day, and I like the silicone soft consistency but it is soooo full of glitter. I don't mean little sparkles either, I mean glitter. Sometimes I can feel the glitter scratching my face as I apply. Ew. My foundation does cover the glittery shinys, but I really can't wait to use up this tube and try something else.
Shelah J.
Shelah J.
Comanche, TX

I paid $8 for this and while there is a lot of product that you get for your money. I would not recommend this simply because it says it's illuminating and it's not. All that's in there as far as shine is sparkles it seems. So for me this product wasn't good for that reason the primer seems ok but reminds me of the same thing I get in the Maybelline pore eraser same texted and everything to me.
Cassie B.
Cassie B.

Incredibly inexpensive

If you are looking for a good drugstore (walmart) primer the pore primer from this line has almost the same ingredients as the benefit porefessinal. The only difference is porefessional has a skin tone color and the hard candy one doesn't. I do not find the porefessional to be different enough to justify the cost and therefore use the hard candy one and enjoy it.
Katlyn S.
Katlyn S.

I read a couple of beauty blogs about how great this was. I was incredibly disappointed. My T-zone is rather oily and I feel like this product made it 10x worst. I have used a couple other Hard Candy Primers and the only one worth mentioning is Pore Defense. If you are looking to try one, try that one. You may like this one if you have drier skin.
Deanna B.
Deanna B.
Orem, UT

I adore this primer, and I adore it's price tag even more. It does help my makeup last longer throughout the day, and it practically glides across the skin. It definitely feels slippery and like silicon, but that's something I like in my primers. It also helps my skin feel moisturized before putting all my makeup on, and that's always a plus.
Darcy A.
Darcy A.
Plattsburgh, NY

I got the ultra light kind.. It's ok at least for the price. But I've used other brands that are better. I really like hard candy but some of the products are not the greatest. Is easy to apply and use. But leave my foundation looking funny compared to the other primers I've used so I know it's not my foundation or me doing something wrong.
Isabel G.
Isabel G.
Colorado

This primer had a silicon feel to it, it made my pores look a little bit better and my foundation blended more easily but I I'm not sure if I would repurchase. It didn't control my oils so well and I didn't see much difference with the lasting power of my makeup. I think my skin did not react well to this product, may have caused acne.
tania b.
tania b.
Lexington

I have been looking for a good primer to apply before my foundation , and received this one as a gift. I would like to know what is the proper way to apply in order for this product to work well?
Victoria H.
Victoria H.
Colorado Springs, CO

Im looking for a primer that isn't too pricey but will minimize my pores, is this any good?
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Ramseur, NC

is this a good product for oily skin , or dry combination skin ?
Serina L.
Serina L.
Fresno, CA

I've been wondering bout face primers . what they do? do they really work? an does it this have any negative about this product..?
Shannon M.
Shannon M.
Dayton, OH

I'm looking for an affordable primer and wanted to know if hard candy is worth trying or even worth the money??

Join Now