BY HARD CANDY

A water-base primer stick that instantly cool skin for flawless makeup application.

This cool primer hydrates and soothes the skin, while leaving you looking pore-perfected!

Lindsey K.
While this product does work as a cooling primer that helped minimize my pores, it is not the best that I have used.

I was intrigued when I saw this on display as I had never tried a primer stick, especially one that claimed to have a cooling sensation. At first look, the bottle is quite pretty and looks like a giant tube of stick sunscreen. Inside the twist top is a decent amount of transparent light blue-colored primer that has no noticeable scent. The product applies like a dream on my face, feeling almost like water with a definite cooling sensation. Based on how it felt and looked in the container I thought it would have disappeared on my skin but interestingly once it hit my skin it left areas that were slightly white, which I just rubbed in with my fingers. After letting it dry a moment and applying my makeup as usual (I use a cream foundation covered with powder) I did notice that my pores appeared minimized, while my skin still felt moisturized. I was surprised by this, considering that my skin was already pretty dry and tight from a chemical peel I had done a few days prior.

As far as lasting power goes, I would say that it is about average. I typically use a a primer, foundation, powder, and setting spray and my makeup lasted throughout the day as well as it did with other primers. I do not notice any excessive dryness but I would not say that my skin felt especially hydrated.

Overall, I really like this product and think it is a good value for the money if you are on a budget.
Megan G.
Tupelo
I really wanted to love this... I love natural ingredients and my grandparents have long used witch hazel for tons of things because honestly what is witch hazel even for? But this is an ingredient in this primer. I loved that it instantly cooled your face. I tried it the moment i got it and liked it. It doesn’t reduce pores immediately but once it dries down it does effectively reduce them. I don’t wear foundation so I only use primer to reduce my pores. It did help redness as claimed. However day 2 rolled around and apparently my skin Is just too sensitive to this. After using a second time- the cooling sensation turned to burning and took a good thirty minutes to dissipate even after washing. If i touch the places i apply this i feel a slight burn almost like a sun burn although I can’t see any redness. I’m super bummed but I don’t want to continue use to find out. I will return.
Maggie D.
Orrick, Missouri
This primer feels very cooling on your face but I don't feel like it does much for your makeup wear. My makeup doesn't wear noticeably better or longer. If anything I feel like it sometimes disrupts the makeup. In my opinion, it doesn't hydrate any area of my dry skin and makes it more cakey looking and dry versus when I don't use any primer. Like I said, it feels cooling on your face but there are definitely other products you buy if that's what you're looking for as this doesn't seem like much of a primer.
Berlynn Y.
Denison, TX
I'm still finding my groove when it comes to primers but I really liked this one. Not sure that my other products used are the best to complement it, but it did perform well and made my makeup look flawless for hours on hours. It has a slight cooling effect but that seems to be minimized when applying it on top of an SPF moisturizer. It can get streaky but it presses into the skin nicely and it's easy to control the level of coverage, It didn't do much in the way of minimizing my pores but it did lock in the foundation on parts of my face where it's prone to wearing off quickly. I'm excited to keep trying this with other products and seeing how my review differs because of it. At the price and availability, it's a really great option. It works well and smells good so you wouldn't be in the wrong for trying it out.
Kayla W.
Arkansas
The Hard Candy Sheer Envy Coconut Water Primer Stick is my favorite primer in the drugstore AND high-end makeup selection. It is perfect for people who have dry skin like me because it is soooooo hydrating and when it dries, it gives you a nice surface to apply your makeup to. And, it is easy to apply because it is stick. You definitely need this in your makeup routine!
lidia a.
Fort Worth
I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to their primers this wasn't the first primer I try from hard candy I don't like it because it broke me out I don't recommend if you have sensitive skin maybe on other girls that like to experiment with new makeup they should try this out
Star B.
Plainville
I live by this face primer. It is absolutely perfect for those who need extra hydration. It doesn't feel cakey at all. If you have only skin I might avoid use this because it does add so much moisture . Although this says primer I might use another one if you are looking for a tacky base for you foundation
Hanna O.
This primer works amazing. It's super hydrating and slightly tacky so it holds my foundation well. When you apply it, it will leave white marks on your face and all you have to do is blend that in when your hands like you would a moisturizer. When I first put the stick on my face it felt like water and it was so freaky, it is very wet with a cooling sensation. After applying this it will kind of feel tight, but still moisturizing at the same time. I personally love that and I love how my foundations work on top of this, even though I have combination skin this product won't change the longevity of my favorite foundations.
Chasity R.
Oak Ridge, TN
This primer was so helpful while it lasted!! Seemed to help my acne and my redness. Kept me moisturized throughout the day. Wasn’t sticky or grimy. Really need to go purchase this again... almost forgot I needed it.
I’m very dry and this was a great product.
I even gave it as a gift once.
jenny t.
Zanesville, OH
I really like the smell of this primer but that’s probably the only thing I like about it. It feels good at first when you put it on but after it drys it feels kind of stiff. I don’t recommend this and won’t purchase again.