Harbor Products Safe Harbor Natural Suncare Sensitive Lotion Sunscreen, SPF 50, 4 fl oz uploaded by Brittany O.Harbor Products Safe Harbor Natural Suncare Sensitive Lotion Sunscreen, SPF 50, 4 fl oz uploaded by Autumn L.

BY HARBOR PRODUCTS

Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
My boyfriend and I were going on an impromptu beach trip over the summer and I was almost out of sunscreen so we stopped by Walmart on our way to pick some up. I wear sunscreen everyday, but I switch between chemical and mineral sunscreens depending on if it's for daily use or if I'll actually be outside for prolonged periods of time.

It was the middle of summer and the sunscreen display at Walmart had already been severely picked over and I honestly thought I was going to leave empty handed and that's when I saw Safe Harbor Sheer Mineral Sunscreen with SPF 50. I had never heard of Safe Harbor sunscreen, but it was a mineral sunscreen and you got over 4 ounces of product for $8, which is a steal for a mineral sunscreen, so I picked it up.

It was love at first application. For a mineral sunscreen, this applied much easier than other brands I've tried and easily paid more money for. This sunscreen came out of the tube more like a lotion than a cream, so the consistency was much easier to work with. The only thing I can complain about is the scent, but I can easily overlook that. It doesn't linger, it's not overwhelming, and it doesn't affect the performance. This sunscreen also has amazing anti-aging ingredients, sea buckthorn and red algae being my favorite. A sunscreen that also acts as skincare for your body, yes please!

If you don't know a whole lot about how mineral sunscreens work, they're more difficult to apply than chemical sunscreens because they're thicker, and they don't absorb into the skin because the ingredients (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide and in many cases, both) create a physical block from UVA and UVB rays for your skin. This will leave a white cast because that's how mineral sunscreens work. I get away with the white cast because it blends into my skin tone.

This sunscreen is the reason why I've switched to using mineral sunscreens as a whole now. I just ordered 5 more from Walmart's website because I didn't want to look like a nut picking up a bunch of sunscreen, but that's how much I love it.
Brittany O.
Tavares, FL
Some reviewers have mentioned difficulty blending. Mineral sunscreens work by adding a physical layer of protection. It doesn't really absorb, rather it sits on the skin acting as a barrier. That being said, I never had much of an issue with blending. It does leave a white cast, but wasn't like an alabaster mask. It's pretty lightweight and doesn't feel overly greasy or heavy. Hasn't caused breakouts or irritation in any of us (adults, preteen, toddler). We love it!
It has kept my family and I pale and unburnt all day at Disney World, the beach, the lake... you name it.
Isha S.
Fortville , IN
I have no idea how well this product works as it doesn't blend well, I could not get it to rub into my kiddo's skin for anything! I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and they were still left with a white smear. Did they burn? No? Did they look like they had gotten into some paint? Yes.
Ruby G.
Cathedral City
This product was a bit hard to blend. Might be the formula of the sunscreen which has 4.0% zinc. It's fine, but I didn't know that and put it on before a concert. Then I noticed my arms look pasty haha.
Autumn L.
Sun Valley, NV
Safe harbor baby and kids sunblock is my favorite baby sunblock I've used. Would recommend to anyway that's looking for a good organic sunblock
Emily F.
Marmora , NJ
Not the best scent but found that it didn't clog my pores as much as some sunscreens tend to do . Bought it online.
Elizabeth C.
Odem, TX
Not too extatic about the smell. But I like the product. Its not tacky but blends well with my natural oils.