by Handy Pantry

This tofu making kit has everything you need to make tofu from scratch. Able to make over five pounds of tofu, this tofu making kit features a tofu press, reusable cheesecloth, five pounds of soybeans, instructions and more. Materials: BPA-free plastic Dimensions: 5 inches long x 4 inches wide x 3 inches high Includes: Plastic tofu press, reusable cheesecloth, five pounds of organic, dried, yellow soybeans, re-sealable can, laminated instruction Recipe makes 1 1/4 pound of tofu per batch Enough soybeans to make over 5 pounds of tofu (weight varies by firmness) - A smart addition to emergency food storage - convert dried, stored soybeans to high protien food - Instructions to make regular soymilk included

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Handy Pantry Organic Tofu Making Kit -Yellow Soybeans, Plastic Mold Instructions!
I have been trying different foods and I did enjoy this tofu kit. Was easy to make and had step by step instructions. I deep fried my tofu and seasoned my tofu like I do my chicken. The taste was delicious. I would recommend this to anyone.
Lewiston , ME
Purchased at: Amazon
I was honestly surprised at how few tofu molds are offered on Amazon. This seemed like the best one I could find, and while I am happy with the purchase, I would still rate it as an average product. It is constructed well and makes an average size block of tofu. The included cheese cloth is a nice touch as well. Where the design falls short is the press (or lid, if you will) and the feet. The lid has a circular opening for a weight, but it is too small for any American-sized canned good. Even the standard tomato paste can is too big. The problem is that whatever you use must be smaller than the outer walls of the mold or the press (lid) won't compress all the way down. You will probably have to dig around for something that fits. I am thinking about making a wooden dowel that fits the hole and gluing a platform to it for easier stacking. It doesn't take rocket-surgery to figure out, but it is certainly a design shortcoming. Second, the feet are very short, lifting the bottom of the mold a few millimeters off the surface of whatever you place it in. If you have your mold in a flat pan, the expressed moisture will quickly rise past the bottom of the mold, keeping the tofu somewhat saturated. Again, it won't take much to figure out a solution, but you shouldn't have to. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, but mostly because there aren't many other options.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Purchased at: Amazon
've been eating tofu my entire life and was given a set of these in return for my unbiased review. I must say, these tasted pretty good! Texture was spot on, box was easy to open and the tofu slid out almost seamlessly.
Macon
I wasted so much money buying this for the type of foodi was eating it so nasty and has such a bad dmell. I wont waste my monry again
Rolling Fork, MS
I don’t eat tofu and never will, so this kit isn’t helpful for me. But leave comments on how it taste, I might try one day.
Purchased at: Walmart
Muy rico me gustó mucho y pues son únicas el sabor que tiene me encantan demaciado son únicas me encantó mucho
I’m going out of the way you want me some stuff for y’all to get done and I’ll get it cleaned out for you
Bellingham , WA
This is a great product! I love tofu and this is really really cool! Not for everyone but it’s good
My boyfriend actually vegan so he teaches me new organic things and this is helpful to start off
Turlock
I personally did not like this item. I feel like it was way too difficult to use. Unfortunately