Hancock uploaded by kelsey a.

BY SONY

Shinel S.
Towson, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Perhaps I'm being generous, but I think this movie deserves some credit. It's a serious take on a dysfunctional superhero that isn't based upon a Marvel Comics or DC Comics character. The special effects aren't as good as a movie like Transformers, but at least you aren't getting an animated CGI character hopping around like you do in Hulk and Spiderman. It appears that several elements of this movie may be inspired by the now defunct Broadway Comics. The classic scene of a car being skewered on a spire was depicted in the "Powers That Be" comic and the dysfunctional marriage relationship in the movie is not unlike the "Shadow State" comic by Broadway. Perhaps seeing similar depictions hit the big screen made me appreciate the movie more.

Will Smith and Charlize Theron do a great job. The hero is flawed, but he's not a wimp. The movie's biggest weakness is the pacing. Some of the special effects go by so fast that you don't get to appreciate them. Some of the drama plays out so slowly that you might be wondering why they don't rush it along. The movie is faithful to the trailer. It's tough writing a spoiler-free review of this since there are some great twists in the plot.
Lauren G.
Tampa, FL
I actually just finished watching this movie a few days ago. The lines still run in my head and the acting in it is just amazingly funny and unique. My favorite scene is when he flies down the sky and hits the boy who was being a brat. I thought that was hilarious, and you NEED to watch this to see what I mean.
Athena L.
Ogden, UT
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Quite an enjoyable movie! Will Smith is at the top of his game, as usual. I would simply NOT recommend watching the extended/unrated version. It was totally unnecessary and took away from the story.
OlaMae B.
This movie was... Different. And that made it interesting. I think Will Smith did an amazing ob with this role, it really fit him well. Overall, this movie earned an A in my book.
presh t.
Loved the movie it was funny full of action and had romance in it and who doesn't live will Smith great movie could watch it over and over again only because I already have lol
Jade H.
This movie has it all the action, the comedy, they romance, the sadness and being alone. I love this movie this is one of the best movies you would ever see.
MiMi E.
Stratford, CT
Super funny movie with one of my favorite actors Will Smith as the star. Interesting plot, good story, great movie to watch with family and friends.
Angela M.
This was actually better than I thought it would be. I really wasn't expecting it to be how it was. I thought the cast and plot was actually great!
Courtney C.
Coarsegold, CA
This movie wasn't all that great. I think that the plot was a little dull. I don't really know how to describe it but it just wasn't that great.
Katie R.
Wood Dale, IL
Much darker "superhero" movie than Marvel movies. But unlike movies based on comics I think this one has an interesting, not predictable, plot