BY UNKNOWN

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper may not be the prettiest girl in her high school, but she has a loyal group of friends, biting wit, and a spot-on BS detector. She's also way too smart to fall for the charms of a man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush, who calls Bianca the Duff - the designated ugly fat friend - of her crew. But things aren't so great at home and Bianca, desperate for a distraction, ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a secret enemies-with-benefits relationship with him. Until it all goes horribly wrong. It turns out Wesley isn't such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she's falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone. With a wry and tell-it-like-it-is voice, New York Times Bestselling novel The DUFF is a witty and poignant story of a teenager struggling with the rules of high school attraction, along with the breaking down of her relationships with family and friends. It is a novel about what it means to be sexy, in a world where we feel we have to be perfect! The DUFF movie starring Bella Thorne, Mae Whitman and Alison Janney will be released on DVD in Summer 2015. see more...

Abbey D.
This book is phenomenal! I liked it so much more than the movie. The story line is intense and kept my attention. Sadly the movie portrays a completely different story. I would and have recommended the book to any teen or adult reader.
Kimberly M.
greenville, SC
Just finished reading the book yesterday! :)
I thought the book was really good but it was definitely not what I expected. I haven't seen the movie but I'd like to see how they adapted it. I checked it out of the library and if you can, I'd recommend it. It's a little less than 300 pages and I read it in a week.
Mika C.
I don't have this exact copy but I did read the book & I love it! I thought it was very descriptive and I love how Kody Keplinger writes. I was not disappointed it what even better than the movie! I got it at Target for $8 and I don't regret it! Would recommend to anyone!
Breanna N.
Finished reading the book a couple of days ago and I absolutely LOVED IT!! I never been so intrigued with a book all the way til the end before. Its now one of my favorite books and it had such a good message behind it. I like the movie as well and its so funny.
Angelica W.
West Milford, WV
Such a good book! While I have seen the movie as well the book is sooooo much better! The movie changed a lot of the details and personally I thought it lost a lot of little things that make the book a whole. Worth the read!
Lucy A.
(I read the original version of this book, not the movie tie in version.) This for me was a super quick read and I finished it within a day. I choose to give this book a try after one of my friends suggested it to me. I was resistant at first because I thought it would be just another high school book where the girl has to change everything about herself to be liked but I'm really surprised in how much I actually liked the book. It is nothing like it is in the movie and I found it funny at times but sometimes the main character annoyed me but overall it was a good book.
Stefanie D.
Never read the book but I watched the movie and actually really loved it, all the actors are amazing, Robbie specially... loved the storyline and the characters! If you like comedy/romance movies for sure recommend this one!!
Chloe H.
Essex, United Kingdom
Absolutely love this film it is grate and when u watch it u will be looking round and realising that the term duff is real and u are one or u may know one or u may have one I would totally recommend this film x
Jade M.
Winsford, Winsford
A teen fave that became a fantastic film (but I may be bias as I adore Robbie Amell) I would say it is a book that many teen girls would adore, and it has a cute love story too. #bodypositivity
Jeannie L.
Kelowna , British Columbia
I haven't read the book yet (didn't know there was a book) but the movie was hilarious! I actually wished I knew of this book or the movie came out when I was still in high school because it really put things in perspective. Definitely sends out a good message, while also being comical.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Is this as good as high school musical?
Victoria F.