BY HAMILTON BEACH #78 in Coffeemakers

Wake Up To Fresh Coffee. Two ways to brew your coffee, single serve or full pot. 12 cup glass carafe included or brew into a travel or regular sized mug using single serve function. Uses ground coffee, unique scoop measures and filters ground coffee for the perfect cup every time. Brew strength function for bold or regular coffee and fully programmable with auto shutoff. Durable stainless steel construction Coffeebrewer, brew a single cup or entire pot, programable timer with 2 hour shut off, regular or bold brewing strength, auto pause and serve, one cup single serv. see more...

Hamilton Beach Two-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
  • "This coffee maker is awesome, i do not have one but my best friend has it, so when ever I visit her I drink this awesome coffee." in 3 reviews
  • "It is pricey but not as expensive as a tassimo and keurig but for people like me it's more like an investment because you do save money because you don't waste as much coffee." in 1 review
  • "While the coffee pot side works well the instant side does not make as good a cup of coffee as a Keurig does." in 1 review
Roxanne O.
This Hamilton Beach Two-Way Brewer Coffee Maker is great I can understand why it’s an “Amazon choice” product. You can brew an entire carafe or one cup (soft pod or grounds) at a time. You cannot run both brewers at the same time. I’m pretty sure you could also brew hot tea in this too. There are two (non removal) water reservoirs, one for each brewer. This machine is programmable up to 24 hours in advance, has a time display and the options to brew “bold” or regular for each brewer.

I love bold (but not too bold) coffee. My coffee (STARBUCKS® House Blend Rich & Lively Ground) directions say to use 2(even)TBSP of coffee/cup, but this machine’s direction say to use 1(even)TBSP of coffee/cup. So I use 1 (even)TBSP/cup (rounding up/throwing in an extra spoon for good measure) and brew it on the “Bold” option, since it’s a medium coffee. It came out PERFECTLY crisp and bold to my liking.

I highly recommend following the prep and priming directions for first uses on both side. I did use the single brewer side once, both with (2) soft pods and with grounds. I strongly prefer grounds. But I think it’s because the Senseo Medium Roast Ground Coffee Packed In Pods - 18 Pods that I got just wasn’t as strong as I would prefer (and I used 2 pods) I can’t remember if I used the bold feature or not.

Any who. I gave this three stars because:

1. Timing: Brewing a carafe takes between 11-14 minutes (pretty long in my opinion) I’m not sure if maybe, thats me being impatient or not. It sure is quicker than getting in my car and going to the café for a $3 cup though, I can say that. Single brewing is faster than my previous Hamilton beach singlet brewer, not too slow like the carafe, just not super quick.

2. You can only use one brewer side at the same time. If I have company over and others prefer a more mild cup, I’d hate to wait 11-14 minutes for the carafe to stop brewing THEN proceed to brew other people’s personal cups. Buttt you get what you pay for.

3. I wish the power cord could be a bit longer. It’s so short and I don’t plan on keeping it on my countertop in the kitchen so it’s frustrating to need an extra power extension cord.

Cons asides, I truly enjoy the stainless steel finish and the blue backlight. The carafe it came with seems durable. I washed both the carafe and the lid on the dishwasher top shelf (no heat dry) and it didn’t break. I also bumped it into a glass sugar container and it didn’t crack. The maker comes with 5 filters, which is helpful if you forget (I didn’t, but it was a cool free extra 5).

I do suggest that they come with recycled filters, just to be a bit more environmentally friendly but again, that’s my opinion. I also suggest that it come with a coffee sample. Honestly if mine came with a coffee sample I would have probably gave it another star, just because the price point would have seemed more worth it (considering the 5 filters it comes with). Even soft pod samples would have been cool. FYI these are not compatible with larger soft pods. (Read the details throughly.) It doesn’t matter to me because I prefer the senses ones. They’re just harder to find in dark roast.

Oh and my carafe stays warm for a few hours so that’s another plus. All in all, I am happy with my purchase, mainly because I got this on a discount from an amazon store credit so I really only paid half price. BUT I would buy this again, if it were on sale and I needed one either as a gift for someone else or for myself.

Again if it came with a coffee sample pack (ground and or pod(s) in addition to the filters. I would definitely buy it, especially as a Christmas gift, birthday gift, White elephant gift, or as a company coffee maker for a home, or small office. It’s also great for multi coffee drinkers in the same house, or roommates. In the mean time if I gift it I’ll add some coffee and a cute cup to make it complete. Since it does come wit a carafe however not with a Togo cup, like some other brewers do.
LeeLee Minaj H.
Huntsville, AL
This is the beaut of all coffee machines I have to try this as a coffee drinker/Lover this would be such a delightly awesome product to have I love having a great morning cup of joe daily it even has a spot to filter it into your mug if you want I believe it looks as though it does by the picture anyway. Love coffee I can't not drink it lol sometimes I have it three times a day. Lol I really wanna get this to review and try out soon.
Amanda H.
I have one of these in my house. It's a really good coffee machine. It's like any other one you find but it has kcup compatibility. I recently got a keurig so I'm not sure how much I'll use this. But it's a great coffee pot and necessary for all college students.
Christine C.
I got this when it was on sale about 2 years ago, and it's still going strong. Now, it does NOT make the best coffee in the world, but it makes a decent brew. I love that you can use either side easily by simply pushing a switch. The pot of coffee is the standard larger pot, but the single serving side is what I use most often. It is one of the most Eco-friendly single serving coffee makers on the market. You can definitely buy the Senseo pockets of coffee (which are limited in selection), but I mostly use my own freshly ground coffee grinds. You don't need a filter since there is a removable one that's built into the machine and can easily be removed for cleaning. I just set a cup in the morning (or schedule it), and my cup is ready for me as I walk out the door! Even the Senseo pads are more Eco-friendly than K-cups because of how they are made. I love this coffee maker, and I would even buy a new one if mine dies for some reason.
DONNA V.
Have had this coffeemaker for a few months and am extremely pleased. Very simple to operate, makes super hot coffee and love the idea of making a pot or just a mug/travel mug. The single serve side utilizes Senseo pods which are quite good and easy to find in my grocery store. You can also use non-pod coffee so options are limitless. It took me a lot of time to find the perfect coffeemaker for my household - . I absolutely love this coffeemaker - and since I can also make just a cup of very hot tea, this has everything I could need.
McCraya H.
Huntsville, AL
Wow as a coffee drinker i really love this coffee machine its nice and comes with the thermal cup this is the best coffee maker i have seen how can i review this?
Sara B.
Fridley , MN
Ham beach

My life depends on this baby!

Best coffee maker i have ever had or used anywhere else!

I love love love that you can choose between bold or regular brew.
Single cup always seems a bit bolder to me.

My favorite is that the pot LITERALLY NEVER SPILLS! There is this cool lip on the edge and it stops all spills or dribbles while pouring!

I looked for a long time for a carafe plus single cup coffee maker and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!!

I have truly debated buying another one just in case they ever stop making this model. Go buy it! NOW!
Annie C.
Fargo, ND
I love this coffee maker. It makes amazing coffee. The single serve side is perfect for a quick cup of your favorite coffee but the pot is great for days you need to serve a group or drink a bit more. I've had this machine a couple years and it's still running great. The personal filter is washable.
Stephanie B.
Wichita, KS
I got this for my birthday! I am so excited to be able to make just a single cup of coffee or a full pot. I also love that you can program it to make the coffee itself because the hardest thing is getting out of bed to go make coffee some days!! 😊
Kelli W.
Findlay, OH
I love this coffee maker!! It is perfect for my husband because he is the only one that drinks coffee. He is able to do a single serve if he is on the go, but if he is staying around the house, then he is able to make a larger pot for him to enjoy. The programmer makes it easy to set a start time so it is made and ready for him to leave in the morning. Only complaint is that I can't find the single serve replacement filters.
ANDERSON, SC
I need a new coffee pot how is this one looks awsome
No D.
I am intrigued with this coffee brewer. Can I brew a single cup as well as the pot at the same time? Or just one at a time? Also, if I am brewing a cup do I put enough coffee beans just enough for a cup?
ANDERSON, SC
Is this a good coffee pot.
Kelli W.
Findlay, OH
Is there any well known/national stores that sell the single serve replacement filters?
ANDERSON, SC
Looking for new coffee pot how good is this one