BY HALO TOP

• How is the texture of the mochi within the ice cream? I h...3 Answers
Halo Top Mochi Green Tea Ice Cream

Start your review of Halo Top Mochi Green Tea Ice Cream!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Kenosha, WI
My absolute favorite halo top. I'm perhaps a bit biast because of how much I love green tea dn mochi. The mochi bits are super satisfying in here. I also like to toss this into a blender with some almond mind and ice to make a "green tea frappuccino ". As far as healthier ice creams go this flavor really hits the spot.
To those saying that others who review this don't even know what green tea tastes like, I ask you, have you had actual Japanese green tea?? Not all green tea is Jasmine and no where on this ice cream does it say Jasmine green tea. Jasmine green tea and green tea in general are NOT THE SAME. Nor is Jasmine green tea the standard green tea, especially when talking about mochi ice cream or mochi in general. This ice cream is far too floral. The only reason I gave it 2 stars and not 1 is because I actually like the texture and like that they added the glutinous rice flour to it to give that sticky, gummy texture like actual mochi. However, the actual taste is terrible. Green tea does not mean Jasmine green tea.
Pooler , GA
If you like matcha- you’ll probably like this ice cream! It has a great matcha flavor, and is very rich- however halo top ice cream has an odd consistency- you either like it or don’t. The only thing about this one is that I think it still could have more matcha flavoring- still fantastic though!
Durham, NC
Pros: I really enjoyed the texture of the ice cream and the little mochi pieces were delicious!

Cons: One really big con was the flavor of the ice cream itself. I am a big fan of green tea/matcha flavored dessert... but this one tasted very artificial and left a strange aftertaste.

Overall: I love green tea and I love mochi - so I was hoping this would be a
winning combination. Unfortunately, this flavor did not blow me away.

Brooklyn, NY
This one was weird. I didn’t like the flavour yo start which was disappointing because matcha is one of my favourites, but as I continued to eat the pint, it grew on me. I understand the mochi bits can be a little off putting for some people in terms of texture. This is still my favorite ice cream brand. They can’t all be winners. :)
I recently bought this because I love things that are green tea flavored. The moment I opened this one however I could smell what seems like perfume. One taste and I couldn't eat any more of it. It does have a good creamy texture but it was an overall waste to me.
Pittsburgh
At first I wasn't sure about the floral flavor of this ice cream but it quickly became my favorite especially with the chunks of mochi dough in it. It's great that you can eat it freely and not worry too much about calories. I will definitely be buying this again.
I love green tea flavored things! I’m a big tea drinker and I love ice cream. I’ve been trying to eat better and make healthier choices so this was heaven sent! This whole tub is only 320 calories! That’s amazing m! It’s healthier for you, but you’d never know it because it tastes so good!!
Alvarado, TX
This ice cream is perfect for someone who works out a lot, trying to lose weight, or simply watching figure. It's like having a cheat day, but it's ice cream that's healthy for you! I love this flavor and all flavors for that matter!
Billings, MT
Again, everyone being entitled to their own opinion can be a bad thing if everyone that reviews doesn’t like green tea. I read a few people say they enjoy other “green tea flavored” things and to be quite honest, most of those taste nothing like green tea! I would imagine the reviews would be the same if it was a review of unsweetened green tea itself. You either love it, or you hate it. This tastes exactly like jasmine green tea which, *gasp*
is.... floral ! The idea of floral taste being a compliment to green tea is not new, nor is it some
kind of  “horrible perfume” infused into the ice cream. It’s a complimentary flavor, which I think should be listed! I enjoyed It immensely and was so glad I tried it, I love things with complex notes and grassy/floral flavors. The Mochi is easy to get around if you don’t prefer the texture. I don’t understand texture aversions, but if I did I would say stay away if you are one of those people. It’s chewy, and gooey, yet firm. No real taste distinguished from the ice cream. If you enjoy Jasmine Green area, or unsweetened real brewed green tea (bc it has that bitterness) this is worth it.
How is the texture of the mochi within the ice cream? I have never had it actually mixed in with a store-bought variety

Halo Top Mochi Green Tea Ice Cream

If you have an existing Rakuten account, make sure to enter your Rakuten email