Halo Top Mochi Green Tea Ice Cream

by Halo Top

Are they still selling this flavor?
Start your review of Halo Top Mochi Green Tea Ice Cream!
How would you rate this product?
Caesar O.
Kissimmee
I thought that this flavor was great! This doesn't exactly taste like other brands of green tea flavored ice cream, but for halo top I thought it was pretty good. It is way more reminiscent of floral jasmine green tea than it is of matcha green tea. The consistency was very creamy. The bites of mochi are nice and chewy and feel like actual mochi that you would get from your local froyo store. If you like jasmine green tea, or are a fan rose or lavender flavoring, you'll love this.
Joshua B.
Uncasville
This is probably the worse green tea ice cream i have ever had.... i like green tea and i make matcha shakes without sugar.... this ice cream doesnt taste like green tea at all. If you are looking for a good matcha flavored ice cream this is not it! To top it off i ate a 1/4 of the way down and only got one bit of mochi!

Change the name to "Flower ice cream with a couple pieces of mochi" and then it will be accurate.

Kari H.
Houston
Taste texture and consistency is on point! Best health dessert option for me. I make affogatos with it.
Kimmy H.
I don't understand how there are so many great reviews for this flavor... I'm all about Halo Top (Sea Salt Caramel is amazing) and I absolutely love matcha, but this is disgusting. Like many others mentioned, this has a super strong floral flavor that drowns out anything else. I could barely get two bites in before I put it down. It tasted like I was eating solidified perfume...and to make matters worse, the flavor would NOT go away and lingered until I'd eaten several bites of something else. I'm so disappointed. Good thing I got it on sale!
Stephanie P.
Florence
Oh my goodness! If I could give 0 stars, I would. I was excited to try the Mochi Green Tea ice cream, but when I tasted it I was shocked. I thought there was an accident and someone spilled perfume in the vat. I looked up the reviews, which I should have done while in Food Lion, and saw that I'm not the only one who tastes a grandmother's closet. Oooohhhhwwweeeeee does it linger, even after water! Very disappointed. That stuff's expensive!
Susan Y.
Long Is City, NY
I do not understand the hype about halo top. This was disgusting and did not taste like green tea at all. I took 3 bites and just threw it away, waste of money!!! Definitely do not recommend this to anyone.
Kristy G.
West Palm Bch, FL
Purchased at: Walmart
This is one of my favorite Halo Top flavors. A lot of people dislike it because it doesn’t taste like your typical “green tea ice cream”.... and that’s because it’s not. It’s mochi green tea, and if you’ve ever had green tea flavored mochi it tastes almost identical to this... sweet and slightly floral in a very unique way. Personally I love it, I just wish they had more little mochi dough balls in the ice cream itself. But besides the peanut butter and jelly one, this is my all time favorite.
Garcia S.
New York
I love Mochi icecream and I love to drink green tea but this combination is disgusting! It tastes like you're eating perfume. I actually thought my spoon had touched some fragrance or my grandmas perfume so I switched spoons and got the same taste. I would never buy this flavor again and now I am hesitant to try any other flavors. So upset :(
member-ec274
They must use Irish Spring for the green dye because this tastes like straight up soap. I thought I was going crazy until I made everyone in my family try it and confirm it tastes like soap. I'm shocked I'm not the only one who noticed according to the reviews; I thought maybe I just got unlucky and picked a bad pint out of a rough batch. As a fan of traditional matcha green tea, I would hope this gets fixed ASAP.
Megan L.
This ice cream is fantastic- however, for those who know what mochi is. This ice cream has the delicate, floral, almost fruity taste of mochi green tea with amazing rice dough balls inside. I think it's pretty disappointing to see people complaining that it's not as earthy/sweet as normal green tea matcha ice cream, these are two completely different flavors! Please be aware of this when you purchase before you leave negative reviews. If mochi is what you like, you will crush the whole thing almost immediately!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...