BY HALO TOP #26 in Ice Cream, Popsicles & Frozen Treats

INGREDIENTS:

Milk and cream, eggs, erythritol, prebiotic fiber, milk protein concentrate, cookie dough (flour [wheat], sugar, butter, soybean oil, chocolate chips [sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, vanilla extract], molasses, white rice flour, salt, vanilla extract, organic soy lecithin), organic cane sugar, vegetable glycerin, sea salt, natural flavors, vanilla extract, organic carob gum, organic guar gum, organic stevia.

brianna w.
brianna w.
After hearing SO many people talking about Halo Top, I've been wanting to give it a try. However, it was a little pricey for something I wasn't sure I would like, but I found it on sale (2 for $6) at my local grocery store so I decided to try it out. Being a HUGE lover of ice cream, my expectations were set pretty high and I'd have to say that this product left me pleasantly surprised. As far as texture goes, if you want the base to be creamy, be sure to let the pint sit out for at least 10-15 minutes before consuming. It's obviously not as creamy as the real deal, but it does a pretty good job. The cookie dough pieces aren't very abundant, but the ones that are there have the same gritty (in a good way) texture as real cookie dough. As far as taste goes, the base has a sweet and buttery flavor; nothing too special, but nothing to complain about either. It kind of reminds me of like a birthday cake flavor? The cookie dough pieces actually taste pretty similar to real cookie dough. I have one MAJOR complaint though: WHY ARE THERE NO CHOCOLATE CHIPS?! I went through the whole pint and didn't find one little chocolate chip in there. Did anyone else have this problem? Another complaint I have is that when it's not on sale, it's a little pricey for a pint of ice cream. With that being said, overall, I was pretty pleased with this product. Will this replace ice cream for me? No. However, it was pretty good and if you are looking for a decent low-cal alternative to ice cream, I'd say go for it. I do want to try some other flavors like S'mores and Oatmeal Cookie, and probably will in the future, but most likely only if they are on sale
Jacqueline B.
Jacqueline B.
Homestead, FL
I purchased Halo Cookie Dough ice cream for a couple of reasons. For 1: a friend was posting it on Facebook getting all excited about the many flavors and low calories that it has to offer and she always brags about food that taste good and 2: it was constantly being advertised on the radio. I bought Cookie Dough b/c it is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. When I opened the container I saw vanilla ice cream with little bits of cookie dough. I was very excited to try a new brand of ice cream, but once I put a spoonful in my mouth I wasn't impressed especially for the price I paid. The vanilla doesn't taste like your average vanilla ice cream and I know every brand is different but I don't think that I'll get use to it. The only plus was that it has a smooth texture and the cookie dough pieces were very soft to chew. I guess it's a better fit for someone who is into the low calorie low sugar desserts. I'll stick to my usual pint size ice cream.
Eleanor M.
Eleanor M.
Mansfield, OH
So. Freaking. GOOD! Halo Top is seriously a dream come true. For someone battling diabetes, counting macros, or simply trying to quench their sweet tooth without loading themselves up with sugar, Halo Top ice cream is the answer. The cookie dough variety is in my top two favorites (along with Red Velvet). The chunks of cookie dough are distributed well (far better than the sprinkles in the Birthday Cake flavor), and they fulfill my ridiculous desires for both ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. As if that isn't all enough of a reason to go buy a pint (or 10, no judging), Halo Top is made with quality ingredients and no questionable fillers. So what are you waiting for, go get some!!!
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
I try to live a healthy lifestyle and ice cream is probably my favorite dessert for sure. Halo Top is a great substitute, and this is one of my top favorite flavors. Cookie dough anything is a go-to for me so I knew I would like this flavor. The cookie dough does not taste too different from traditional ice cream cookie dough which is definitely a plus. I find that it is possible to eat too much of this ice cream because when I have eaten the whole pint in one sitting (which is definitely easy to do) the protein aspect starts to be a little too strong. Otherwise, eat about the serving or even a little more and you will love it! I have seen a lot of different uses for this ice cream too, from breakfast and snacks to post-workouts and desserts, which makes it super versatile. I look forward to trying some other flavors as well!
Lianna B.
Lianna B.
streetsboro, OH
soooo delicious!! i've tried halo top flavors in the past and was a little less than impressed. the low calorie and high protein content was great but the flavor wasn't all i wanted it to be. but then i tried the cookie dough flavor and OMG. it's creamy and sweet and amazing. only had to take away a star because the sweetener they use always gives me a little bit of a stomach ache :( but it's that good i'll eat it anyway!
Christina D.
Christina D.
I had heard a lot about Halo Top Ice Cream and was excited to finally try it. I bought my favorite ice cream flavor, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and was amazed at the nutrition facts. You could eat the whole pint and not *totally* blow your diet. The texture was good, and the vanilla base tasted great. The cookie dough pieces (everyone's favorite part) were a little disappointing. When you see them, they look like they'd be the same size as a typical cookie dough piece based on circumference, but when you dig it out you'll find there's nothing really to it. It tastes like good cookie dough, there's just not enough of it.
Brandi H.
Brandi H.
Portage, MI
I'm now in love with this brand. This specific flavor- the vanilla ice cream tasted like birthday cake ice cream to me(and i loved it even more). It is a great low calorie alternative to regular ice cream. I did also question why there was no chocolate chips along with the cookie dough? I assume it was chocolate chip cookie dough but the pieces were so small it was hard to tell. I'm also very glad I had a coupon for this item, for 1 free pint because it was $4.99! That's a bit much for a small pint. Am I completely switched off regular ice cream? No. But it's definitely a treat myself item
Ryoko M.
Ryoko M.
I wanted to love the Halo Top brand but after seeing the ingredient list - I cannot support this brand! On top of stevia, they use an artificial sweetener called erythritol. I'm ok with the stevia, but after some research, erythritol is not a healthy sweetener and has many side effects - definitely not something I want to take a risk to eat. And it's third on the ingredient list!! I'd much rather eat regular ice cream in smaller amounts. I've eaten some of the ice cream, but definitely throwing the rest out. It's not good enough to keep eating, knowing the risks.
Cathleen H.
Cathleen H.
Copperas Cove, TX
I nearly cried when I saw I could eat an entire pint of ice cream for around 300 calories (AKA guilt free). I work hard to maintain my health, but sweets are my absolute down fall. I have tried lower calorie ice creams in the past with no luck. Most of the time I find that they lack creaminess and good flavor. Halo Top tastes phenomenal! I have liked every flavor I have tried so far, but cookie dough is my absolute favorite. These pints are priced higher than your average pint of ice cream at the grocery store, but I think Halo Top’s quality makes it well worth it!
Lanie B.
Lanie B.
Stilwell
I seriously am in love with Halo Top! Higher protein, lower carbs, lower fat, lower sugar with awesome flavor. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my all time favorite. I always have a pint or 4 or 8 in the freezer. You can eat the entire pint and not feel guilty. If it doesn't taste creamy enough when you first take it out of the freezer - pop it in the microwave for 8-10 seconds, it will soften just enough to make it easy to dig into, and the texture actually improves when it is very slightly melted. It's low enough in calories to add some delish toppings.
Megan Y.
Megan Y.
Would you recommend Halo Top? And what flavor would you recommend to someone who has never had it before.
Ann M.
Ann M.
Is the flavor much different than other ice creams? And in your opinion is it worth the price?
Delaney D.
Delaney D.
Is this really as great as it seems?
Victoria F.