BY HALO TOP #30 in Ice Cream, Popsicles & Frozen Treats

• Is this icecream soft to scoop?2 Answers
  • Why are so many people obsessed with this?3 Answers
Natsumi O.
Pembroke Pines
I was so skeptical to try this brand because it was low sugar/low carb ice cream, but this is my go to ice cream brand from now on. So let me start by saying that the packaging is super adorable. I do think they are expensive per pint depending on where you buy them (got one at publix for almost $6, but some places do buy one get one or sell them in packs of 4 for the same price so take advantage of sales). If you're buying the single pint at regular price like I did, DO NOT FEEL RIPPED OFF BECAUSE A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

If you like coldstone birthday cake flavor, this is practically the same thing. Halo top ice creams are as sweet and rich as coldstone ice creams! That being said, it's not hard (for me) to stick to the portion size from the pint because my sweet tooth is satisfied after a few scoops. Despite the sweetness, this is ultra low in carbs and sugars and has a good amount of protein! Let's say you do eat the whole pint, it's still under 300 calories! Yipee! I think that eating the whole pint defeats the purpose of a low cal/carb ice cream for a healthier diet, but it can definitely still help if you're eating pints of regular sugar loaded ice cream (better halo top than another brand!)... the texture is a little bit more flakey than regular ice cream when scooping (as expected from a low sugar ice cream), but when eating it the texture is not compromised. Still feels creamy as you eat it.

I love this stuff and recommend it to anyone looking for a better ice cream!
Tiffany C.
Tinton Falls, NJ
It's hard to beat a calorie-dripping, sugar coma-inducing, super indulgent Birthday Cake ice cream, but darn it if Halo Top doesn't try. The clear, outstanding highlights of the ice cream is the high protein, super low calorie makeup, which for someone who has no qualms crushing a pint in a sitting, makes it a freezer staple. The brand has also sent me coupons to try their product when they were perhaps less-known, and since then, the price has come down considerably. Also, you can find it in Costco now (in NJ, at least) so super points for availability. A star is docked because it's such a healthy alternative that it does lack those sinful bits that can really make a birthday cake ice cream- frosting ribbons, cake pieces, etc. The sprinkles are a nice touch, but a necessary one for a plainer version.
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
Well, I’m sucker for birthday cake flavor 🎂!! This Halo ice cream is over the top tasty!! My first impression was the cute little tub it came in and the gold top! I thought it was cute and kind of inviting, ya know?? 😂 anyways I loved how creamy and rich tasting it was! It is hands down one of the best ice creams I have ever tried! The price isn’t that bad either. My kids also, loved it! We finished off within a couple days! I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially if you love birthday cake flavor!! Would be great for a party too! You can get this brand in most supermarkets and food chains! Go try it out... its delicious 😋 ice cream!!🍨 🍦
Megan G.
Burleson, TX
I purchased this ice cream because I saw so many people raving about it on social media. I have to admit, for a low calorie, high protein dessert, this stuff is pretty good! It definitely doesn’t taste as good as full fat ice cream, but it does the trick when I want something sweet and don’t want to feel guilty after eating it.
I have only tried this flavor and the cookies and cream. I like this the best so far.
Katie C.
Baldwin, MD
So it wouldn’t let me choose the actual flavor I ate which was Red Velvet cake- but I hated this ice cream. I’ll admit that I am spoiled because I used to work at a real creamery and eat real, fresh ice cream so I’m a bit picky with my ice cream choices. If you’re on a strict diet and can’t eat normal ice cream, than maybe this will be good for you. But it just tasted bland and it was dry?? In a weird way??? Very strange but I hated it. Usually I finish a pint of ice cream when I start it, but that stupid thing is still sitting in my freezer a month later lol
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
Halo Top has become the only ice cream I purchase anymore. I have cleaned up my diet tremendously, so that means no sweets! WRONG! I found Halo Top and I instantly fell in love. A low calorie - protein packed ice cream that tastes delicious!

Halo Top has a wide variety of different flavor options such as birthday cake, red velvet, cinnamon roll, s’mores, and so many more!

Compared to most low calorie ice creams Halo Top has a bigger variety and tastes better. It’s affordable compared to most protein ice creams and you can typically get coupons for Halo Top!
Gina M.
Acworth, GA
I've been on a gluten-free and low-carb diet for a long time, and when halo.top came along, it changed my life. You can eat this without feeling guilty, it is low carb and high protein. I love a lot of the flavors, but the birthday cake was the very first one I tried. I used to have to watch my family eat cake and ice cream at holidays, and just sit by and eat apples and stead. But now I get my own ice cream! It's such a great option for those of us who are trying to manage our health, but still want a treat.
Saba Z.
Edison, NJ
I needed to post this to warn anyway about to buy into the Halo Top craze — this is not the normal ice cream you’re expecting! My sisters always rave about it, so I tried this, and immediately wished I hadn’t. Obviously it’s a healthier, protein-packed version of ice cream, but what’s unfortunate is that it’s painfully obvious in the taste. If you need a serving of protein I suggest you look elsewhere, and if you’re looking for a healthy version of ice cream I’m sure it exists. This texture and taste is not worth it.
Sam S.
San Antonio, TX
Okay, YUM is all I have to say. This is my third favorite halo top flavor. Halo top is amazing because it’s kind of a “healthy” ice cream that uses limited ingredients and no preservatives which is extremely hard to come across in junk foods in general. If you don’t mind waiting a little bit before consuming, this is a great go-to ice cream dupe. The birthday cake flavor is really sweet though, so if you’re not looking for something sweet, you may want to try out another flavor.
Ashton R.
Somerville, TN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I used to buy Ben & Jerry’s before I found halo top. Being pretty health-conscious, I didn’t want to buy my children ice cream that was riddled with sugar. When I buy halo top I feel better about what I’m giving them as a treat because it’s actually good for you. The amount of protein in 1 pint of this ice cream is almost the same as what I can find in a glass of milk. So I will definitely continue to buy Halo top at our local Kroger no matter how much it is.
Rebecca C.
Boston, MA
bob m.
newark
Where can you buy this amazing product
crystal h.
Perry, FL
Carla J.
What is your favorite flavor?
Kari T.