BY HALO TOP

• Hi. I would love to review this ice cream and share it wi...1 Answers
  • Is this icecream soft to scoop?3 Answers
Natsumi O.
Pembroke Pines, FL
I was so skeptical to try this brand because it was low sugar/low carb ice cream, but this is my go to ice cream brand from now on. So let me start by saying that the packaging is super adorable. I do think they are expensive per pint depending on where you buy them (got one at publix for almost $6, but some places do buy one get one or sell them in packs of 4 for the same price so take advantage of sales). If you're buying the single pint at regular price like I did, DO NOT FEEL RIPPED OFF BECAUSE A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

If you like coldstone birthday cake flavor, this is practically the same thing. Halo top ice creams are as sweet and rich as coldstone ice creams! That being said, it's not hard (for me) to stick to the portion size from the pint because my sweet tooth is satisfied after a few scoops. Despite the sweetness, this is ultra low in carbs and sugars and has a good amount of protein! Let's say you do eat the whole pint, it's still under 300 calories! Yipee! I think that eating the whole pint defeats the purpose of a low cal/carb ice cream for a healthier diet, but it can definitely still help if you're eating pints of regular sugar loaded ice cream (better halo top than another brand!)... the texture is a little bit more flakey than regular ice cream when scooping (as expected from a low sugar ice cream), but when eating it the texture is not compromised. Still feels creamy as you eat it.

I love this stuff and recommend it to anyone looking for a better ice cream!
Sienna F.
I was getting a lot of instagram ads for this ice cream so when I saw it in store, I decided to give it a try. For starters, I LOVE the fact that the calories are for the whole pint! Let's be real, sometimes we have a tough day and ice cream makes it better. 280 calories for a whole pint of enjoyment? Count me in! The texture of this ice cream is that big of a difference from other brands like Breyers or Ben and Jerry's that it bothers me, but I can say that Halo has a specific feel that when I eat it, I know it's not Ben and Jerry's. Another thing is the taste, this specific flavor is one of my favorites, but it does have a odd chemically sweet taste? I can also taste eggs when I eat it, but it's not as off putting as it sounds. If you want to try low calorie ice cream, I'd definitely say start with this flavor, because they literally have so many!
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
Well, I’m sucker for birthday cake flavor 🎂!! This Halo ice cream is over the top tasty!! My first impression was the cute little tub it came in and the gold top! I thought it was cute and kind of inviting, ya know?? 😂 anyways I loved how creamy and rich tasting it was! It is hands down one of the best ice creams I have ever tried! The price isn’t that bad either. My kids also, loved it! We finished off within a couple days! I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially if you love birthday cake flavor!! Would be great for a party too! You can get this brand in most supermarkets and food chains! Go try it out... its delicious 😋 ice cream!!🍨 🍦
Katie C.
Baldwin, MD
So it wouldn’t let me choose the actual flavor I ate which was Red Velvet cake- but I hated this ice cream. I’ll admit that I am spoiled because I used to work at a real creamery and eat real, fresh ice cream so I’m a bit picky with my ice cream choices. If you’re on a strict diet and can’t eat normal ice cream, than maybe this will be good for you. But it just tasted bland and it was dry?? In a weird way??? Very strange but I hated it. Usually I finish a pint of ice cream when I start it, but that stupid thing is still sitting in my freezer a month later lol
Sam S.
Okay, YUM is all I have to say. This is my third favorite halo top flavor. Halo top is amazing because it’s kind of a “healthy” ice cream that uses limited ingredients and no preservatives which is extremely hard to come across in junk foods in general. If you don’t mind waiting a little bit before consuming, this is a great go-to ice cream dupe. The birthday cake flavor is really sweet though, so if you’re not looking for something sweet, you may want to try out another flavor.
Ashton R.
Somerville, TN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I used to buy Ben & Jerry’s before I found halo top. Being pretty health-conscious, I didn’t want to buy my children ice cream that was riddled with sugar. When I buy halo top I feel better about what I’m giving them as a treat because it’s actually good for you. The amount of protein in 1 pint of this ice cream is almost the same as what I can find in a glass of milk. So I will definitely continue to buy Halo top at our local Kroger no matter how much it is.
sayra s.
I was nervous to try this as it didn't seem that good but I had seen so many ads I just decided to try it out one day. This ice cream is really great for people like me who eat whole pints and feel really guilty afterwards. It takes a little longer to melt down but it's worth it! I also really like the coconut version of this because it tastes weird but also really good! I would definitely recommend this ice cream, all flavors are great!
Cierra H.
This was the very first Halo Top ice cream I had ever tried. It was recommended to me by another person. At first I was skeptical about how good a healthy ice cream could be. But my curiosity got the best of me and I bought a pint. I was absolutely blown away by how delicious it was! I polished it off in one sitting and felt no remorse. I'm excited to try the other flavors, but so far this one is my favorite.
Alexis D.
Washington, DC
Love this ice cream. It tastes like most birthday cake ice creams I've had, but doesn't have nearly as many calories (so I don't feel guilty!) It is a little on the pricier side, for the amount that you get as compared to other less-healthy ice creams, but it's great for a 'treat yo self' kind of day! The Halo Top ice cream usually takes a little longer to become soft, but definitely worth the wait. Will be buying again.... definitely sometime soon!
Haley W.
I thought Halo Top was the best thing since sliced bread when it first came out, but now that there are other brands of low calorie ice cream on the market, halo top really doesn’t compare. Unlike some of the other brands, it tastes low calorie. The texture isn’t as creamy as normal ice cream and if there is chocolate chunks or anything like that in it, they are incredibly tiny and sparse.
Rebecca C.
Boston, MA
bob m.
newark
Where can you buy this amazing product
crystal h.
Perry, FL
Jennifer M.
Annapolis, MO
Where do you buy this at?
Carla J.
What is your favorite flavor?