BY HALO TOP #30 in Ice Cream, Popsicles & Frozen Treats

• Hi. I would love to review this ice cream and share it wi...1 Answers
  • Is this icecream soft to scoop?2 Answers
Natsumi O.
Pembroke Pines
I was so skeptical to try this brand because it was low sugar/low carb ice cream, but this is my go to ice cream brand from now on. So let me start by saying that the packaging is super adorable. I do think they are expensive per pint depending on where you buy them (got one at publix for almost $6, but some places do buy one get one or sell them in packs of 4 for the same price so take advantage of sales). If you're buying the single pint at regular price like I did, DO NOT FEEL RIPPED OFF BECAUSE A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

If you like coldstone birthday cake flavor, this is practically the same thing. Halo top ice creams are as sweet and rich as coldstone ice creams! That being said, it's not hard (for me) to stick to the portion size from the pint because my sweet tooth is satisfied after a few scoops. Despite the sweetness, this is ultra low in carbs and sugars and has a good amount of protein! Let's say you do eat the whole pint, it's still under 300 calories! Yipee! I think that eating the whole pint defeats the purpose of a low cal/carb ice cream for a healthier diet, but it can definitely still help if you're eating pints of regular sugar loaded ice cream (better halo top than another brand!)... the texture is a little bit more flakey than regular ice cream when scooping (as expected from a low sugar ice cream), but when eating it the texture is not compromised. Still feels creamy as you eat it.

I love this stuff and recommend it to anyone looking for a better ice cream!
Sienna F.
I was getting a lot of instagram ads for this ice cream so when I saw it in store, I decided to give it a try. For starters, I LOVE the fact that the calories are for the whole pint! Let's be real, sometimes we have a tough day and ice cream makes it better. 280 calories for a whole pint of enjoyment? Count me in! The texture of this ice cream is that big of a difference from other brands like Breyers or Ben and Jerry's that it bothers me, but I can say that Halo has a specific feel that when I eat it, I know it's not Ben and Jerry's. Another thing is the taste, this specific flavor is one of my favorites, but it does have a odd chemically sweet taste? I can also taste eggs when I eat it, but it's not as off putting as it sounds. If you want to try low calorie ice cream, I'd definitely say start with this flavor, because they literally have so many!
Tiffany C.
Tinton Falls, NJ
It's hard to beat a calorie-dripping, sugar coma-inducing, super indulgent Birthday Cake ice cream, but darn it if Halo Top doesn't try. The clear, outstanding highlights of the ice cream is the high protein, super low calorie makeup, which for someone who has no qualms crushing a pint in a sitting, makes it a freezer staple. The brand has also sent me coupons to try their product when they were perhaps less-known, and since then, the price has come down considerably. Also, you can find it in Costco now (in NJ, at least) so super points for availability. A star is docked because it's such a healthy alternative that it does lack those sinful bits that can really make a birthday cake ice cream- frosting ribbons, cake pieces, etc. The sprinkles are a nice touch, but a necessary one for a plainer version.
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
Well, I’m sucker for birthday cake flavor 🎂!! This Halo ice cream is over the top tasty!! My first impression was the cute little tub it came in and the gold top! I thought it was cute and kind of inviting, ya know?? 😂 anyways I loved how creamy and rich tasting it was! It is hands down one of the best ice creams I have ever tried! The price isn’t that bad either. My kids also, loved it! We finished off within a couple days! I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially if you love birthday cake flavor!! Would be great for a party too! You can get this brand in most supermarkets and food chains! Go try it out... its delicious 😋 ice cream!!🍨 🍦
Kelli Y.
Harold
I am so glad I discovered Halo Top! This stuff is such a better and healthier option than ice cream. They offer a wide variety of flavors and I love just about everyone of them. Birthday cake is one of the best and it is one of the lower calorie options. Some other favorites are mint chocolate chip, peaches and cream, and chocolate covered banana. You have to let these soften for a few minutes out of the freezer, but after that they have a great creamy texture. I love that this doesn’t feel as heavy as eating a lot of ice cream. Which makes this a better summer time snack. Highly recommend. Lower in carbs and providers some protein and fiber.
Megan G.
Burleson, TX
I purchased this ice cream because I saw so many people raving about it on social media. I have to admit, for a low calorie, high protein dessert, this stuff is pretty good! It definitely doesn’t taste as good as full fat ice cream, but it does the trick when I want something sweet and don’t want to feel guilty after eating it.
I have only tried this flavor and the cookies and cream. I like this the best so far.
Katie C.
Baldwin, MD
So it wouldn’t let me choose the actual flavor I ate which was Red Velvet cake- but I hated this ice cream. I’ll admit that I am spoiled because I used to work at a real creamery and eat real, fresh ice cream so I’m a bit picky with my ice cream choices. If you’re on a strict diet and can’t eat normal ice cream, than maybe this will be good for you. But it just tasted bland and it was dry?? In a weird way??? Very strange but I hated it. Usually I finish a pint of ice cream when I start it, but that stupid thing is still sitting in my freezer a month later lol
Teresa N.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Finally, a healthier ice cream that doesn't taste like disappointment in each bite. I love Halo Top Ice Cream but the Birthday Cake flavor is my least favorite. So please keep in mind this review is towards the Birthday Cake flavor not Halo Top as an entire company. I love that they're real, wholesome ingredients but with less calories and half the sugar! Birthday Cake's packaging is super cute but the flavor tasted a little artificial to me and left a weird aftertaste. I recommend any other flavor from Halo Top.
Gina M.
Acworth, GA
I've been on a gluten-free and low-carb diet for a long time, and when halo.top came along, it changed my life. You can eat this without feeling guilty, it is low carb and high protein. I love a lot of the flavors, but the birthday cake was the very first one I tried. I used to have to watch my family eat cake and ice cream at holidays, and just sit by and eat apples and stead. But now I get my own ice cream! It's such a great option for those of us who are trying to manage our health, but still want a treat.
Sam S.
San antonio, TX
Okay, YUM is all I have to say. This is my third favorite halo top flavor. Halo top is amazing because it’s kind of a “healthy” ice cream that uses limited ingredients and no preservatives which is extremely hard to come across in junk foods in general. If you don’t mind waiting a little bit before consuming, this is a great go-to ice cream dupe. The birthday cake flavor is really sweet though, so if you’re not looking for something sweet, you may want to try out another flavor.
Rebecca C.
Boston, MA
bob m.
newark
Where can you buy this amazing product
crystal h.
Perry, FL
Kari T.
Jennifer M.
Annapolis, MO
Where do you buy this at?