BY HALO TOP #30 in Ice Cream, Popsicles & Frozen Treats

• Is this icecream soft to scoop?1 Answers
  • Why are so many people obsessed with this?3 Answers
Natsumi O.
Pembroke Pines
I was so skeptical to try this brand because it was low sugar/low carb ice cream, but this is my go to ice cream brand from now on. So let me start by saying that the packaging is super adorable. I do think they are expensive per pint depending on where you buy them (got one at publix for almost $6, but some places do buy one get one or sell them in packs of 4 for the same price so take advantage of sales). If you're buying the single pint at regular price like I did, DO NOT FEEL RIPPED OFF BECAUSE A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.

If you like coldstone birthday cake flavor, this is practically the same thing. Halo top ice creams are as sweet and rich as coldstone ice creams! That being said, it's not hard (for me) to stick to the portion size from the pint because my sweet tooth is satisfied after a few scoops. Despite the sweetness, this is ultra low in carbs and sugars and has a good amount of protein! Let's say you do eat the whole pint, it's still under 300 calories! Yipee! I think that eating the whole pint defeats the purpose of a low cal/carb ice cream for a healthier diet, but it can definitely still help if you're eating pints of regular sugar loaded ice cream (better halo top than another brand!)... the texture is a little bit more flakey than regular ice cream when scooping (as expected from a low sugar ice cream), but when eating it the texture is not compromised. Still feels creamy as you eat it.

I love this stuff and recommend it to anyone looking for a better ice cream!
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
Well, I’m sucker for birthday cake flavor 🎂!! This Halo ice cream is over the top tasty!! My first impression was the cute little tub it came in and the gold top! I thought it was cute and kind of inviting, ya know?? 😂 anyways I loved how creamy and rich tasting it was! It is hands down one of the best ice creams I have ever tried! The price isn’t that bad either. My kids also, loved it! We finished off within a couple days! I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially if you love birthday cake flavor!! Would be great for a party too! You can get this brand in most supermarkets and food chains! Go try it out... its delicious 😋 ice cream!!🍨 🍦
Katie C.
Baldwin, MD
So it wouldn’t let me choose the actual flavor I ate which was Red Velvet cake- but I hated this ice cream. I’ll admit that I am spoiled because I used to work at a real creamery and eat real, fresh ice cream so I’m a bit picky with my ice cream choices. If you’re on a strict diet and can’t eat normal ice cream, than maybe this will be good for you. But it just tasted bland and it was dry?? In a weird way??? Very strange but I hated it. Usually I finish a pint of ice cream when I start it, but that stupid thing is still sitting in my freezer a month later lol
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
Halo Top has become the only ice cream I purchase anymore. I have cleaned up my diet tremendously, so that means no sweets! WRONG! I found Halo Top and I instantly fell in love. A low calorie - protein packed ice cream that tastes delicious!

Halo Top has a wide variety of different flavor options such as birthday cake, red velvet, cinnamon roll, s’mores, and so many more!

Compared to most low calorie ice creams Halo Top has a bigger variety and tastes better. It’s affordable compared to most protein ice creams and you can typically get coupons for Halo Top!
Saba Z.
Edison, NJ
I needed to post this to warn anyway about to buy into the Halo Top craze — this is not the normal ice cream you’re expecting! My sisters always rave about it, so I tried this, and immediately wished I hadn’t. Obviously it’s a healthier, protein-packed version of ice cream, but what’s unfortunate is that it’s painfully obvious in the taste. If you need a serving of protein I suggest you look elsewhere, and if you’re looking for a healthy version of ice cream I’m sure it exists. This texture and taste is not worth it.
amina b.
Utica, NY
It doesn’t matter what the flavor, this brand does NOT disappoint. While the price isn’t the cheapest, it’s also not the worst. Considering the difference in nutrition with other brands, there is no question in which ice cream brand prevails. Of course you can eat a little as recommended, but if you eat the whole thing (which most do) then you don’t have to feel as guilty as you would for something else. Most snacks are worse than eating an entire pint of halo top. This brand is literally magic.
Sam S.
San Antonio, TX
Okay, YUM is all I have to say. This is my third favorite halo top flavor. Halo top is amazing because it’s kind of a “healthy” ice cream that uses limited ingredients and no preservatives which is extremely hard to come across in junk foods in general. If you don’t mind waiting a little bit before consuming, this is a great go-to ice cream dupe. The birthday cake flavor is really sweet though, so if you’re not looking for something sweet, you may want to try out another flavor.
Ashton R.
Somerville, TN
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I used to buy Ben & Jerry’s before I found halo top. Being pretty health-conscious, I didn’t want to buy my children ice cream that was riddled with sugar. When I buy halo top I feel better about what I’m giving them as a treat because it’s actually good for you. The amount of protein in 1 pint of this ice cream is almost the same as what I can find in a glass of milk. So I will definitely continue to buy Halo top at our local Kroger no matter how much it is.
Katniss G.
I hate Halo Top ice cream!

I've tried 3 flavors and couldn't get past the texture, never mind the lack-there-of flavor, and let's not forget the price. Are you kidding me? What a waste of $6-$7/pint. All of them went in the trash before trying to pawn them off.

I get, I get it, it's low-calorie, high-protein, and low-sugar, but come on, it's like hard Play-Doh, it crumples. Not smooth, not even if you left the darn pint out on your kitchen table for an hour.
Alexis D.
Washington, DC
Love this ice cream. It tastes like most birthday cake ice creams I've had, but doesn't have nearly as many calories (so I don't feel guilty!) It is a little on the pricier side, for the amount that you get as compared to other less-healthy ice creams, but it's great for a 'treat yo self' kind of day! The Halo Top ice cream usually takes a little longer to become soft, but definitely worth the wait. Will be buying again.... definitely sometime soon!
Rebecca C.
Boston, MA
bob m.
newark
Where can you buy this amazing product
crystal h.
Perry, FL
Carla J.
What is your favorite flavor?
Kari T.