BY HALO: REACH

Because halo is the best-selling xbox franchise of all-time, the developers at bungie had their work cut out for them when they were deciding what to do next with the series that has set the gaming standard for the last 10 years. Fortunately for us, they decided that the next step should be a prequel, and you'll experience the beginning of the halo legend, when the heroic spartan soldiers make their final stand on the planet reach, humanity s last line of defense between the covenant and earth. We ve all seen the carnage that one spartan can produce. Imagine what a whole squadron of them can do. We all know how this one... see more...

• Is this game the same story line as the book, Halo: the f...1 Answers
  • Would this be a good game for a 10 year old? Looking for ...8 Answers
  • Which of the Halo games is your Favorite and why?17 Answers
Halo: Reach
  • "Halo Reach definitely had a different spin than the other Halo's, especially in the online play." in 9 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed it a lot but sadly it only took me like a day to get through the campaign and i just really didn't feel like it was worth it and that it was just halo game but the story is interesting as well its a fun game " in 7 reviews
  • "If you're looking for a good game, don't waste your money on Halo 4 and buy Halo Reach." in 7 reviews
  • "The game play is nice and I like the ability to customize the features like you can and the tasks to unlock special gear." in 7 reviews
  • "The single-player campaign mode has several different difficulty levels so that you don't get too overwhelmed trying to figure out the game, each one getting more challenging." in 6 reviews
Beverly W.
Fountain Hills, AZ
This is one of my families favorite games to play, especially the online multiplayer modes. I have to admit I am a terrible player, yet that doesn't stop me from playing it. My sons and I love to play together and I'll even play this by myself. The single-player campaign mode has several different difficulty levels so that you don't get too overwhelmed trying to figure out the game, each one getting more challenging. It really is a fun game!
nicole s.
Definitely went to the midnight release for this game! There were A LOT of people there.. definitely an anticipated game and definitely a favorite for most XBOX gamers! This is not for the casual gamer.. it could be if the person was just interested in the storyline and maybe a few online matchmaking games. However, I love it's predecesors, so this was very much an anticipated game for me and one of my all time favs! Comes highly recommended!
Rossalee D.
El Paso, TX
I have been playing Halo since Halo2 was released. Halo Reach definitely had a different spin than the other Halo's, especially in the online play. You have different perks like a jet pack, camo, and running. They did away with the Battle Rifle for this game and introduced the Designated Marksman Rifle better known as the DMR. Overall the online play is great. I personally love Team Snipers! Could not get enough of this game on Xbox Live!
Char Marie J.
Republic, MO
I loved this halo game! The graphics are amazing and the online play is awesome! There are so many levels and options for the online vs. games. I enjoyed the story line and I love playing this game as a team. So much to play, hours of fun. Beating the game on every mastery is great! I loved having the option to pick the type of player you'll get and the different gear you get by improving your scores. LOVE
christie p.
The Good
Every gameplay mode is seamlessly linked together Exciting campaign draws on the best elements from past Halo campaigns Armor abilities breathe fresh life into the excellent competitive multiplayer Fantastic cooperative play Extensive customization options and powerful creation tools.

The Bad
No party members allowed in the Theater Imperfect friendly AI occasionally hinders campaign.
Lorelai M.
I play this game so much that I am scared to look at how many hours are logged onto it..probably months of game time. This has been my go to game since it game out. My boyfriend and I have played through the campaign several times as well as hours of online multiplayer after work. It's a good stress reliever and we always go back to it when we don't have any new games to try out.
Natashia S.
Lincoln, NE
I've been playing Halo for awhile and this game is definitely not my favorite. It doesn't have the best multiplayer options and the MP community is relatively narrow at this time (and quite rude). In addition, the playability is not as good as I would hope and I became disillusioned with it after playing for awhile. I would recommend Combat:Evolved before I would recommend Reach.
Edward W.
Novi, MI
Even if you're not a fan of the HALO series, it's something about the characters and writings of the story line that pull you into the game. With the customizations to your own character, to the way you spend your money on them...let alone the daily and WEEKLY challenges that keep you on your toes and able to compete with the skilled; YOU HAVE TO GET THIS GAME.com :-)
Xandria B.
Glen Burnie, MD
Was absolutely disappointed in this game. I have loved this franchise since the beginning. They changed way too much at once and made the game a little confusing and the controls changed between ODST and this one. I know it has the option to switch the controls, but I still wish they would have kept the controls the same or just gradually changed them.
Kris M.
This game has a lot of different types of people playing it, so the best thing is to try it yourself to see yourself if you like it or not. In my eyes this game was amazing the graphics at the time for xbox, it was great, and of course the chief who could forget that guy! The online play is great with friends or even strangers! Solo play is just as amazing
Allie T.
What's the longest amount of time you've sat and played Halo?
Shanna C.
Weaverville, NC
Which of the Halo games is your Favorite and why?
Tabby S.
Team Bungie vs Team 343?
Chrissy P.
Eufaula, OK
Would this be a good game for a 10 year old? Looking for Christmas present.
Andrew S.
frenchbirg
Is this game the same story line as the book, Halo: the fall of reach?