BY HALO: REACH

Because halo is the best-selling xbox franchise of all-time, the developers at bungie had their work cut out for them when they were deciding what to do next with the series that has set the gaming standard for the last 10 years. Fortunately for us, they decided that the next step should be a prequel, and you'll experience the beginning of the halo legend, when the heroic spartan soldiers make their final stand on the planet reach, humanity s last line of defense between the covenant and earth. We ve all seen the carnage that one spartan can produce. Imagine what a whole squadron of them can do. We all know how this one... see more...

• Is this game the same story line as the book, Halo: the f...1 Answers
  • Would this be a good game for a 10 year old? Looking for ...8 Answers
  • Which of the Halo games is your Favorite and why?17 Answers
Halo: Reach
  • "Halo Reach definitely had a different spin than the other Halo's, especially in the online play." in 9 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed it a lot but sadly it only took me like a day to get through the campaign and i just really didn't feel like it was worth it and that it was just halo game but the story is interesting as well its a fun game " in 7 reviews
  • "If you're looking for a good game, don't waste your money on Halo 4 and buy Halo Reach." in 7 reviews
  • "The game play is nice and I like the ability to customize the features like you can and the tasks to unlock special gear." in 7 reviews
  • "The single-player campaign mode has several different difficulty levels so that you don't get too overwhelmed trying to figure out the game, each one getting more challenging." in 6 reviews
TDY E.
Dayton, OH
Halo: Reach is a great game. It has an amazing story with some of the best lines in any video game. It has fun and competitive multiplayer. And of course the character customization lets you be the SPARTAN that you've always wanted to be, in the campaign and in multiplayer. I would recommend Halo: Reach to anyone. It is one of the best games that I have ever played.
Shanna C.
Weaverville, NC
I am a hard core fan of them Halo games, I love them. I was so excited to have this and add it to my collection, however when I played I was let down. The graphics were fantastic, as always. The story line was awesome, as always. It just didn't grab my attention as the others have. The game for me was to short and easy. Maybe its because I am a veteran Halo player, but it still should have offered a option for us veterans. I do recommend this game because I do think it is a fantastic game, just not what I was expecting and let me down. However will be a great game for a beginner or someone who hasn't played all Halo games already.
Taylor R.
Iowa City, IA
Definitely the worst of the Halo franchise and I thought the start f the online downfall. Good story line but the online ranking system took a turn and followed the Call of Duty style where high rankings didn't equal skill, it equaled time played..so it didn't matter if you win or lost, people just played to get points and rank up. The old Halo 2/3 way where winning solely helped you rank made it an accomplishment to be a high rank.
Kristin H.
Temple, TX
Gamer Expert Level 3
This is the game that started my obsession with Halo. I can only comment on the multiplayer because that is all I played. I miss the maps, gameplay, communication with other players, and ability to play split screen. I have been disappointed in Halo 4 and 5 unfortunately because it is not the same. SWAT is my favorite gameplay mode and I don't play anything else really. I used to stay up all night playing in college. I will always go back to this!
Jessica C.
York, PA
I've always been a Halo fan but I really loved Halo Reach its because of this game I found the love of my life. I enjoy playing it still as much as when I first bought it. The weapons are great the game play is great too I love plasma grenades. the shot gun, sniper, and the rocket launcher are some of my favorite weapons oh and I love the pistol even though it seems simple if you use it right with a good combo you can do some serious damage. I love to combo it with a alien pistol power charge and than switching to the normal pistol and bam enemy gone.
Amber M.
Matamoras, PA
I love this game. Everyone says this is so old it might be old but this game is really fun to play. I like playing online swat.. You you get to build your gamer tag.
Jennifer H.
Riverside, CA
I have always played and adored Halo. Halo Reach campaign mode is one of my favorite story lines out of the series. The maps for the multiplayer are a bit plain but the game types have much variety from sniper to 4 team games. The slight downfall is the way the system picks teams. It will sometime place many of the high rank players on one team even though they are not in a party group which can lead to a disadvantage. As well, when a player quits no new players can be added in as done in the most recent Halo game.
Veronica C.
Kenosha, WI
Though a prequel, this is one of my favorite games of the series. Thoughtful and meaningful story, solid characters, fun gameplay and easy to get into, even for first timers. Multiplayer, as always, is excellent with the fun party system. If you're just getting an Xbox 360/One system or looking to get into a new series, this is a great place to start.
Nathan C.
Bangor, ME
This exact video game was the last Halo created by the company Bungie. Ever since Bungie sold the game right to this "new company" Halo has officially gone down the tubes. I despise Halo 4, but I still love this game. All Halo campaigns are absolutely amazing hands down. It's so futuristic and great. I love all the technology in this game along with the weapons, maps, and characters. I wont give away the campaign, but it's a must-play one! The multiplayer is just as great, with many maps and game modes. If you're looking for a good game, don't waste your money on Halo 4 and buy Halo Reach. It's cheaper and a lot more fun to play.
Tavaras R.
Savannah, GA
A very good sendoff for the original Halo design team. One thing that bugged me, was I already knew how the story ended. But, the fun and action of the ride made it worth the trip. The variety and diversity of things you can do, as well as new vehicles, weapons, abilities, etc. were great too. Made me wonder though, why didn't Master Chief have them, when, he came after them? Maybe I need to check out the story more. Anyway, great game, worth a play.
Allie T.
What's the longest amount of time you've sat and played Halo?
Shanna C.
Weaverville, NC
Which of the Halo games is your Favorite and why?
Tabby S.
Team Bungie vs Team 343?
Chrissy P.
Eufaula, OK
Would this be a good game for a 10 year old? Looking for Christmas present.
Andrew S.
frenchbirg
Is this game the same story line as the book, Halo: the fall of reach?