BY HALO: REACH

Because halo is the best-selling xbox franchise of all-time, the developers at bungie had their work cut out for them when they were deciding what to do next with the series that has set the gaming standard for the last 10 years. Fortunately for us, they decided that the next step should be a prequel, and you'll experience the beginning of the halo legend, when the heroic spartan soldiers make their final stand on the planet reach, humanity s last line of defense between the covenant and earth. We ve all seen the carnage that one spartan can produce. Imagine what a whole squadron of them can do. We all know how this one... see more...

• Is this game the same story line as the book, Halo: the f...1 Answers
  • Would this be a good game for a 10 year old? Looking for ...8 Answers
  • Which of the Halo games is your Favorite and why?17 Answers
Halo: Reach
  • "Halo Reach definitely had a different spin than the other Halo's, especially in the online play." in 9 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed it a lot but sadly it only took me like a day to get through the campaign and i just really didn't feel like it was worth it and that it was just halo game but the story is interesting as well its a fun game " in 7 reviews
  • "If you're looking for a good game, don't waste your money on Halo 4 and buy Halo Reach." in 7 reviews
  • "The game play is nice and I like the ability to customize the features like you can and the tasks to unlock special gear." in 7 reviews
  • "The single-player campaign mode has several different difficulty levels so that you don't get too overwhelmed trying to figure out the game, each one getting more challenging." in 6 reviews
Tiffany M.
Denver, CO
The game is a prequel to all other Halo games, and leaves off where the original Halo begins. This game is the best Halo game to date, and is fairly mild in regards to violence as compared with Halo 3. Yes, you are still shooting aliens for the majority of the game. However, the moments of actual violence against humans is fairly sparse and infrequent. The game developers could have added more gore and blood, but it seems they made an effort to tone those elements down in this title and focus on the story and gameplay. There are moments when human teammates get stabbed with alien energy swords, but there is no blood or gore shown in those moments. The ESRB gives this game a M rating 17+. This is for blood and violence, but like I said, those moments are fairly rare and the game is toned down compared to other titles such as MW2, Gears of War 2, and certainly most other first person shooters out there. The reason I rate this game iffy for for age 11 is that there is violence and occasional intense moments of action. The violence is mainly alien in nature. The role models in the game display great heroism in the face of danger and can be a launching point in discussing bravery and sacrifice in the name of a bigger cause. The story is well thought out, and the visuals are amazing. There is multiplayer available online for this title and it offers the coolest feature I've seen yet. You can customize your multiplayer experience and add filters for content like language and skill level. For example, you can choose to display lobbies that categorize the tone as polite. Also, they have a filter for more competitive play or playing for fun. This is a really cool feature Bungie introduced with this title and I hope it does well and other game developers catch on. This way, at least I have a better chance at finding a lobby that isn't cursing at each other and trash talking all the time. All being said, this is the best Halo title to date and if your kid is interested, be sure he/she can handle alien violence and be prepared for a discussion on bravery and courage in the line of duty
#nerdygirl ..
I like this game a lot! I think that the more players you have the better! I play this game with my family and its a lot of fun! My favorite part to this game ,is the cars you can ride around in! You can just ram people over! The only problem I have with this game is that it is pretty hard to start off. It may seem intimidating, but keep pressing forward!.
Taylor O.
Uniontown, OH
I got this game with my xbox 360 and it is my favorite Halo game to this day. I love the multiplayer, campaign, firefight and all of the maps in the game. It is incredibly fun and it was the first game the experienced online with. I still revisit the game on my xbox one every few months
Teran F.
Gamer Expert Level 5
I remember playing halo first time when at friend house playing on first Xbox console I remeber playing until midnight with my friends it was very addicting game and fun. Than got better more than they came out with
Jeanetta C.
Austin, TX
I purchased this after reading reviews for the online co op. Haven't played in co op YET, but I'm not sure if I even want to get into it. I started off playing the single player campaign and immediately noticed the difference between Reach and the main Halo series. The story felt disjointed. I'd pick playing 3 or 4 over this in single player.
Jessica V.
Jefferson Hls, PA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Not a big fan of this game. But i give it credit for being one of the first games like this. #halo is an ok game. I just never got into it. It is a little expensive at any game store like #gamestop
Amanda E.
Carrollton, KY
Gamer Expert Level 2
I absolutely LOVE Halo Reach. I started my Halo "career" back in 2007 playing Halo: Combat Evolved for the PC. From that first minute out in Blood Gulch with a magnum and Sniper Rifle in hand, I was hooked!
Halo Reach brings you back to Reach, the last human planet to fall before Earth. You are Noble 6, a member of an elite spartan ops group. Your mission: fend off the invading covenant armies, and reach the Pillar of Autumn with your precious cargo before the covenant get it.
With new guns, a new environment, and new characters to love, this game is perfect for any avid Halo fan.
The online play is also amazing. Win (or lose) matches against other players to rank up and customize your spartan's armor, special death effects (confetti blood anyone?), and voice options. Both new and old game types bring both a sense of familiarity and growth into the mix. And just wait until you see Forge World, where you can build your own maps and game types to try with your friends, or share with the online community.
Now, the controls did change from Halo 3 to Halo Reach, and this upset me greatly at first. Until I realized that there is an option in the controller settings to change the layout to "Recon" which goes back to the Halo 3 settings. Only 2 buttons are flip-flopped, not too hard to get used to.
Highly recommended to all Halo fans and gamers in general!
Lindsey H.
This is one of my favorite games! I love all the multiplayer options and my favorite thing to do get the the sword and go to town! This is a game that turned into a classic and that everyone should play or has played
Bailey F.
Reedley
This game has a special place in my heart. Its really where my halo career started. I used to complain about all the hours my husband played halo, so he taught me to play Reach, hoping that id stop bugging him. Bad idea for him because i fell in love and took over the xbox! Very fun.
Yaritza V.
Laredo
I think that this game is good, although I do not like the price so that is why I uploaded it in my computer and it worked just as well. It is fun to play if you enjoy killing games like me. I would defenetly recommend this to others.
Allie T.
What's the longest amount of time you've sat and played Halo?
Shanna C.
Weaverville, NC
Which of the Halo games is your Favorite and why?
Tabby S.
Team Bungie vs Team 343?
Chrissy P.
Eufaula, OK
Would this be a good game for a 10 year old? Looking for Christmas present.
Andrew S.
frenchbirg
Is this game the same story line as the book, Halo: the fall of reach?