BY HALO

• Is this the newest halo? my son wants it for XmasūüĆ≤4 Answers
  • What is you favorite halo out of all of them ? 12 Answers
  • I currently own this game, but I have NOT had the chance to play ...5 Answers
Halo 4
  • "Not TOO much story line that you feel like you're taking a break from gameplay every 5 seconds for a clip but enough to really feel immersed in the situation." in 18 reviews
  • "The campaign is always fantastic (as usual), online play is competitive and fun, with lots of different matches to play in." in 11 reviews
  • "Halo 4 is one of the best in the series, The graphics can't be beat and the game play is even more exciting now, than ever." in 10 reviews
  • "The take place in parallel with the story as you play as a Spartan team taking care of missions on the side, away from Master Chief." in 9 reviews
  • "Halo 4 has to best the best game ive played in a long time so many multiplayer games like griffball and flood I never get bored with this game I can play all day " in 7 reviews
ebonée h.
Gamer Expert
I have to say that before halo 5 came out the storyline for halo 4 was amazing this may be a spoiler alert but I like how master cheif had to save his A.I. courtana from herself mostly because her expiration date on A.Is was almost up. One more thing i really like with halo 4 is the assainations in campaign and multiplayer when you jump over someone or just behind them 50% of the time you could assainate the target. Also I have one thing I think was bad with halo 4 they really nerf the campaign guns it took almost a mag on grunts and I'm not a bad player I've played halo since i was 7 and yes every halo from halo 1 to halo 5. And now to conclude my reveiw i must say halo is the game where you just wanna chill with your friends and kick some alien butt.
Michelle V.
Elmhurst, NY
I personally didn't like it. I found it to be more linear than other Halo games. The ending was horrible, with Master Chief surviving a Nuclear blast all because of Cortana, even though he was right in the middle of it. Also the Promethians were just annoying, and didn't really work as a villain faction. Compared to the others, it is mediocre at best, but hopefully Halo 5 will make up what was wrong with this game.
Larissa L.
Great falls , Mt
Now I know this game got a lot of hate for whatever reason but it is honestly my favorite Halo game of them all. The controls are perfected, the story line is awesome, the weapons are rad. The music, the music is so well done too.
Nicholas N.
Hastings, FL
Great storyline but also a very short storyline unlike the bungie halo stories which were masterpieces 343 needs to step up and improve !
Brittany S.
Aberdeen, SD
Gamer Expert
Not only did I really really like the campaign on this game but I also really like the multiplayer there was a lot of different options for things and it left open lots of room for your own style lots and lots of fun
Lydia C.
Charlotte , Nc
This game has reached my fullest expectations. 343 industries, mircosoft studios and bungie has seriously taken their time to perfect and master cgi graphics and online multi-player games to there fullest potential. the off-line gaming/story mode is short but its straight to the point. this game seriously picks off where halo 3 has left off and give you a serious rush of excitement with each turn. the graphics are seriously thought through. for example you can see the size of the warship and see how master chief is drawfed by the size of the massive warship. size and detail of the environment is simply breath-taken. the online multi-player is really one of the greatest parts of the game that i have ever played. if halo had mated with battlefield 3 and call of duty black ops you would get halo 4. any one who had ever played battlefield 3 would tell you that the smooth-ness of the gameplay is simply the best. you can move freely between aim. call of duty black ops is well known for there infamous kill-streaks aka the more kills you get with-out dying you would unlock your special finishers per-say. what bungie did is they mixed the smooth-ness of the battlefield 3 and the kill-streaks of the call of duty black ops and put into halo 4. the end results was amazing. different weapons loadout, random kill-streaks which is good, because in the online multi-player. you need to fill up a care-package meaning kill-streaks, in order to get the care package you need to kill as much of the enemies as possible. once you filled up the icon of the care-package you can select one of the random 3 kill-streaks. which is 1 powerful weapon, 1 lazer based weapon or a self buff that can either make you faster or a shield overload. the online maps are long or short but the same graphics you see on the offline gameplay you too will see it on the multi-player game. i can seriously discuss everything that i love about this game but i think i cannot sum up all of my thoughts into this limited review. over all this game is the best game for any halo fans or for new people who hated halo to try it out.
Amber C.
Mountain View, CA
I have been playing the Halo series since the beginning. I wasn't quite sure what to expect with the new installment now that Bungee is out of the picture and now 343 is here. I just finished playing the campaign through on legendary and have some thoughts. My basic summary will go first which is: As a video game, it is pretty good; as a Halo game it kinda blows.

The very first thing that struck me was as the game loaded and came onto the screen, I was no longer greeted with the Halo opening suite that I was used to. The soundtrack for the past Halo games is one thing that propels it into being such an amazing game. It is hauntingly beautiful. The new opening suite was just "alright" at best. The soundtrack throughout the entire game was best summed up for me as "meh."

The game play has that similar deja vu feel of the past Halo games and yet felt pretty foreign. Almost like you going out with your high school sweetheart 15 years later. Some of the qualities you know and loved are still there but you really just grew up and changed.

The storyline at times left me scratching my head wondering what the hell just happened. I often felt like maybe I missed something in the last games. Almost as if I accidentally skipped an entire level in a previous game.

The weapons brought back many of the previous that I enjoyed along with some new ones as well. The DMR was a pleasant surprise and felt a lot like the battle rifle which helped out in many cases of combat too far for the spread of an assault rifle but not quite far enough out for using the sniper rifle. The sticky detonator was a pleasant and fun surprise to have some mix-up in battles. The covenant weapons all felt a bit less powerful before, especially the fuel rod cannon and the energy sword (although you still get torn up by the fuel rod in the hands of the enemy, while in your hands it feels much less so). The new Promethean weapons were a bit hit or miss in how much fun or accurate they were. The light rifle and the scattershot felt like a good duo to keep around while the supressor and bolt shot left much to be desired. The Promethean grenades felt like a lot more fluff than fire power (speaking of grenades, all of them seem to have been majorly toned down). The Incineration Cannon was a definite moment of glee to shoot, a new super weapon favorite.

The graphics are quite similar to Halo: Reach and the 10th anniversary of Combat Evolved. Some areas felt way too dark but overall the graphics felt just like the older games.

The story line was just really confusing and left a lot of questions and left me overall pretty annoyed at times. I feel like they kinda took a really weird turn somewhere and I must have been asleep for part of it. I woke up not really knowing where they hell I was, who was driving, or where we were going. The interaction between Cortana and Master Chief was borderline creepy at times as Cortana was made in the image of Halsey and she was practically a mother to 117. There was more than one time where I felt like I was playing a Star Wars video game which was way off from the feeling I get when playing in the Halo universe.

Overall, for a game it was fun. It was an enjoyable FPS with some sci-fi thrown in. However, as a Halo series game, I was left wondering if I will really be happy with the next two in the trilogy from 343. They really didn't do it much justice. I am wondering if I would have rather the series been left with the Forward Unto Dawn forever drifting in space.

amy t.
Ethridge, TN
Graphics are amazing game play has to be one of the best Halos i have ever played however multi-player online has some issues servers up and down and latency is intermittent and campaign could have had a bit smoother level transition. All in all a great game.

Please note: that i believe it would profit 343 to incorporate the load-out system again but with useful amour modification.

Megan K.
Toronto, OH
Gamer Expert
Husband played it and hated it, it was alright but not his favorite of the series. Graphics were a 4 out of 5. Its been a while since he last played it. Wouldn't really call it similar to other games that he's played before. Would recommend it to others who are interested in these kind of games.
Kassandra V.
Hialeah, FL
The game is fantastic in my opinion. The graphics were absolutely outstanding. As far as story goes, it was different, it was dark and sad. I like how they introduced new types of enemies and new antagonist without it being overwhelmingly confusing. (If you don't understand the plot very well, seriously just look at the terminals, they help a lot)
Now for the multiplayer part of the review, I like it a lot better than Halo: Reach that's for damn sure! It takes a whole lot of skill to be a great player in Halo 4 multiplayer. Recently, folks have been saying that the multiplayer sucks and Reach's multiplayer was better. I think people who say that are lacking in the skill department and have little patience. Honestly, the online balances itself out. You just have to have the right mindset and play strategically. A lot has really changed though, so much customization, it is a bit overwhelming. The only playlist I do not like is flood, I think that 343 ruined the infection game type. On a other note, thee is a new thing called specialization. It's a new concept and I for one enjoy it. Basically classes with special abilities. You don't get the ability right away, you have to progress your rank and once you reach a certain level you unlock the ability. Pretty neat. Anyway, I recommend anyone get it!
Vanessa E.
Sacramento, CA
This game has been out a couple days now. Has anyone played it? I want to buy it.
Dominique W.
What is you favorite halo out of all of them ?
Kelly M.
Poughkeepsie, NY
How can we review this game when it's not even out yet? The game is out on November 6, 2012. Maybe Influenster wants to create hype, but I don't feel fair writing a review until I actually play the game.
Rachel H.
Moulton, AL
Will you Pre-order Halo 4 or get it in-store on November 6th?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Anyone leses boyfriend addicted to this? haha