BY JOHN CARPENTER

Halloween is a 1978 American independent slasher film directed and scored by John Carpenter, co-written with producer Debra Hill, and starring Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis in her film debut. The film was the first installment in what has become the Halloween franchise. The plot is set in the fictional Midwestern town of Haddonfield, Illinois. On Halloween night in 1963, a six-year-old Michael Myers inexplicably murders his sister and is committed. Fifteen years later, he escapes and returns home to kill again, all the while eluding his psychiatrist, Dr. Sam Loomis, who suspects Michael's intentions, following him back to Haddonfield.

Selena J.
Danville, IL
Classic! This movie still frightens me. It seems like even though the Myers walks, and the teens run...he always catches them.
Pamela Y.
Haughton
I love the all the Halloween movies. There is only 1 of them that I didn't care for and it was the 2nd or 3rd one. It just didn't fit with all the others. Absolutely love the music and love Jamie Lee Cutis.
Bri B.
The original Halloween movie is clearly a holiday essential for obvious reasons! There is a great amount of horror without being too gory and lots of classic thriller moments. Highly recommend it!
Rashida J.
Lockport, NY
As a Horror fan this is my favorite movie, why you ask, because if you never seen it its going to creep you out. And out of all the horror movies ive seen this one still makes me jump. I have the whole Halloween Collection in my video library, It may be old but its a classic true horror movie. Give it a watch
Stephanie G.
By far my favorite movie! Love the way it is all played out. If you love action movies, this is definitely one to see! #MochaelMyersLover
Jennifer M.
This is a classic horror movie and perfect to watch during the Halloween season for that extra scare. Not for younger children.
Katiee M.
Glendale , AZ
Classic. I just recently bought it for my movie collection. You can’t go wrong with this movie #HalloWIN #contest @Influenster
Adrienne s.
It was an alright movie not scary enough for me though could have had better action and more pop ups
F S.
What more can I say about Halloween other than it's a classic? John Carpenter was able to take a very simple premise - crazy guy stalking people essentially - with incredible composition& cinematography, not to mention the most iconic score composed by Carpenter himself, and deliver a great movie. The timeless subject of evil and humanity and subtle shots that are bone-chilling.
Claire C.
Mitcham, Surrey
Nothing beats an original horror film and what better time of year than Halloween to watch it, they don’t make horrors like they used to and this by far will give you the creeps. You would be able to get it in your local HMV or even online on eBay or amazon and at a great price too. If anyone asks me what my fave horror films are, I always tend to say Halloween or nightmare on elm street.