BY JOHN CARPENTER

Halloween is a 1978 American independent slasher film directed and scored by John Carpenter, co-written with producer Debra Hill, and starring Donald Pleasence and Jamie Lee Curtis in her film debut. The film was the first installment in what has become the Halloween franchise. The plot is set in the fictional Midwestern town of Haddonfield, Illinois. On Halloween night in 1963, a six-year-old Michael Myers inexplicably murders his sister and is committed. Fifteen years later, he escapes and returns home to kill again, all the while eluding his psychiatrist, Dr. Sam Loomis, who suspects Michael's intentions, following him back to Haddonfield.

Mare R.
This is my favorite classic horror movie. Nothing beats Halloween. When I was younger I would always catch glimpses of it playing on tv on Halloween night and always wanted to watch the whole thing. I’ve been obsessed ever since I finally did. The main theme beats all other horror movies’ theme songs (except Tubular Bells is kinda tied). There is just something about Michael Myers being able to kill so many people with a dang knife over all other horror movies that give the killers so much power and ability. I’m just endlessly intrigued and obsessed. I can’t wait for the new one to come out!!!!!!!
Bri B.
The original Halloween movie is clearly a holiday essential for obvious reasons! There is a great amount of horror without being too gory and lots of classic thriller moments. Highly recommend it!
Rashida J.
Lockport, NY
As a Horror fan this is my favorite movie, why you ask, because if you never seen it its going to creep you out. And out of all the horror movies ive seen this one still makes me jump. I have the whole Halloween Collection in my video library, It may be old but its a classic true horror movie. Give it a watch
Pamela Y.
Haughton
I love the all the Halloween movies. There is only 1 of them that I didn't care for and it was the 2nd or 3rd one. It just didn't fit with all the others. Absolutely love the music and love Jamie Lee Cutis.
Stephanie G.
By far my favorite movie! Love the way it is all played out. If you love action movies, this is definitely one to see! #MochaelMyersLover
Selena J.
Danville, IL
Classic! This movie still frightens me. It seems like even though the Myers walks, and the teens run...he always catches them.
Jennifer M.
Canton, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a classic horror movie and perfect to watch during the Halloween season for that extra scare. Not for younger children.
Katiee M.
Glendale , AZ
Classic. I just recently bought it for my movie collection. You can’t go wrong with this movie #HalloWIN #contest @Influenster
Samantha💪 D.
The best Halloween movie of ever. A classic since it was created. With the most iconic score for any movie.
Adrienne s.
It was an alright movie not scary enough for me though could have had better action and more pop ups