Add a Photo

By HAIR FOOD
#114 in Shampoo

Inspired by the benefits of nutrient-packed, vitalizing ingredients like strawberry and ginger, Hair Food Root Cleansing Shampoo deeply cleanses hair to remove buildup for lustrous, natural shine

Photos (50)
Heather C.
Heather C.
Seminole, FL
I've been on the hunt for a clarifying shampoo for a little while now, I've tried Pureology purifying(really did not like this) and Kenra clarifying shampoo(this was ok). Let me tell you how much I love this stuff! It smells amazing, my hair has never felt cleaner and as smooth shiny and healthy after using this. I use the hair food hair mask after this and I just love these two together! I bought them at target while they had buy one get one half off. I heard about this through influenster and I'm so glad I took the chance on this because I was about to give up!
RHIANNON P.
RHIANNON P.
Avondale , AZ
This is an excellent product to cleanse and restore hair to almost original, natural state. I used Clairol's Hair Food after receiving it as a sample from one of the Influenster's Box Campaigns. I intentionally left my hair unwashed for about 4 days. My scalp was itchy, oil and with an oil head smell. Yucky! This product was simple and easy to use, except the pump on it was somehow damaged. Ending result was superbly clean hair and scalp and soft, vibrant tresses left behind.
Kennedy S.
Kennedy S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product in an Infleuenster box for testing purposes. This shampoo did the job, but I don't think it was anything special. It worked on my hair, but my boyfriend said it dried his out. It had a unique scent, it wasn't bad but it kind of smelled like bubblegum to me. I did really enjoy the having the pump in the shower! I don't think I would go out and purchase this product, but I have heard really good things from other Clairol Hair Food products.
L C.
L C.
This is the greatest hair product that I have ever purchased! It has changed my life! As someone with naturally oily hair this shampoo has helped my completely restore my hair to natural texture and moisture! I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering from excess oiliness or anyone who wants to purify their hair! Be warned! You must condition after using this shampoo because it is very drying! :) The scent is also amazing and last for days!
Jane D.
Jane D.
I bought this and the green one when they came out and while the green one was just ok this is a holy grail for me. I often color my hair with manic panic dye and this helps get the color out when i want to change it. even when my hair is not colored it helps get all the oil and build up out and leaves your hair literally squeaky clean. the smell is amazing and it tingles when you're scrubbing
Dee S.
Dee S.
Sacramento, CA
I can't believe I didn't try this sooner! I love this stuff. I have bad dandruff and this stuff really helps with that. I have tried everything and I've even tried diy makes for hair but nothing comes close to this! I also love the scent. I can't believe that I've passed this up so many times at target. My only regret is not buying it sooner!
Barbara F.
Barbara F.
Mountain View, CA
All of the reviews are true - this shampoo works. Squeaky clean works.
I use dry shampoo every day due to my extremely fine and oily hair - and I also wash it every day as well. In recent memory, this is the only shampoo where I really felt it cleaned my scalp and hair without the harsh chemical or unpleasant smell of other similar shampoos.
Jodi W.
Jodi W.
Scranton, PA
BEST. SHAMPOO. EVER. My hair has never looked better! It's deep cleansing so I use it every other day. It has made such a difference in the quality of my hair! It was looking dull and flat but after just one use it has made all the difference. It will be part of my hair routine for life! This product is no joke!
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Midland, MI
This shampoo leaves your hair smelling amazing and soft! It laggers really Nicky and you don't need a lot to get the job done. Hair food has been one of my favorite products for a while and my friends that have tried it have loved it as well. It is not the cheapest product but it also is not too badly priced.
Nikki K.
Nikki K.
Lancaster, PA
This is hands down the BEST shampoo I have ever used! My hair is thick & wavy, so finding a good shampoo that can truly cleanse my hair without weighing it down or making it oily has been a challenge, but this product really has changed the way I clean my hair. I love, love, love it! Definitely worth it :)
Gena A.
Gena A.
Sitka, KY
How great is this shampoo? Does it have a great scent? Where can you buy this?
Melanie B.
Melanie B.
New Hyde Park, NY
Does this make your hair thicker AND longer?
Cassie D.
Cassie D.
Vail, AZ
Where would I buy this? Is there other products by them like conditioners and hair treatment, etc...?
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Fraser, Mi
Does this smell more like strawberry or ginger or both? I'm not a big "fake strawberry smell" fan but i really want to try this.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Clinton, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
My hair is very dry!!! Does this shampoo work well with dry hair? Is it less harsh to the ends?