BY HAIR FOOD

Inspired by the benefits of nutrient-packed, vitalizing ingredients like strawberry and ginger, Hair Food Root Cleansing Shampoo deeply cleanses hair to remove buildup for lustrous, natural shine

Buy on Target
Angelina B.
Keene , NH
The Hair food brand is one of the most amazing shampoos I have ever used ! The lather was amazing!!!! The smell was of amazing strawberries 🍓 ! The scent was just sooooooo refreshing and my hair has never felt more soft and hydrated 💖💖💖💖💖 ladies if you’re looking for a new shampoo or even to try something new !!! And amazing 😉 go to ULTA !!!- and pick up some @Hairfood #contest ! I am in a hair food contest and I am just so happy I decided to join this contest because this is the best shampoo EVER 👏🏼🤗😍
lizzie C.
DENVER, CO
This shampoo gets rid of any and all funk buildup in my hair — whether it’s from the hair oil, the blowout cream, the dry shampoo I’ve been putting on my hair for the last week in a strange facade to prove I’m put together, or the finishing spray that holds it all together. Doesn’t dry it out, but it really gets it all out, if you know what I mean. Highly recommend.
danielle h.
Lakewood, CO
I have always struggled with greasy hair and this product has finally helped me to control that. I can now go three days between a wash because the shampoo does such a great job cleansing my roots and it smells great as a bonus!
Roxanne B.
Modesto
As soon as I applied this on my roots my hair felt so fresh and clean!! The smell is amazing!! I am so excited to see the results of my hair tomorrow!! ❤️Hair Food Strawberry Ginger Root Cleansing Shampoo
Phoenix H.
Winneconne, WI
One word: natural! Love the natural product! And finding a natural product with a amazing smell is hard to find but it smells great too :) can’t wait to try more of this for my hair! Might become my new obsession 🤗
Sammi S.
Rockford , IL
I give this a 2.  while, a lot of people do like this product.  i am not a fan of these "cheap" products and how they make my hair feel.  A lot of people don't get bothered by it, but as someone who has brittle hair, and if yo happen to have that, i wouldn't encourage these type of products, rather more salon professional ones to keep your hair healthier.
Cassie E.
Mobile, AL
This is a scalp cleans so I use it once a week and I notice a difference in the level of build up. My scalp feels so clean after and the bottle is huge and lasts forever!
Kirsten L.
Springfield, OR
What an amazing scent combination! ❤❤ Using ginger is first for me!  I can't wait to try all of them! I've just alerted my husband!  😂😂
Is this really only exclusive to Target stores or no?!
Diana B.

From the first use of this shampoo I fell in love with it. And not just due to its wonderful flavor, but it really works! I have oily hair and sometimes it is a real challenge to find appropriate shampoo that could completely clean my hair without using half of the bottle. I guess I finally found one!

Pros:

1. Perfectly does its job. It cleans the hair with just 1 pump of a product. It foams very nicely and I wash not only the roots but also spread the foam to the hair ends. The oily hair (that usually should be washed every other day) stays clean up to 3 days in a row.

2. The scent! The product has heavenly aroma of strawberries, making the hair-washing so pleasant.

3. The effect. I really see that after 3 washes my hair looks more healthy and shinier than ever (not oily but natural shine). It became very soft and the scent lasts the whole day after the wash.

4. Easy to use. The dosing pump is very handy. Only 1 pump is enough for long hair.

5. Ingredients. First, I love when the product contains plant extracts, here there are 3: strawberry fruit, orange blossom and green tea leaf. These plants are well known by their conditioning properties. Moreover, green tea is the perfect antioxidant, has good healing and protecting properties. Second, the package claims that shampoo is silicone, paraben and mineral oil free. The less artificial ingredients the better!

Cons:

1. Again, Ingredients.

First of all, they advertise that the shampoo is infused with Strawberry and Ginger Fragrance, which is true. But among the ingredients you will not find the ginger extract, meaning it’s hidden behind “Fragrance” ingredient. Beside ginger we don’t know what else are behind this word – could be something harmful, could be completely innocent substance. But unknowing is the worst.

Second, they claim that it is paraben free, but they use instead another preservatives, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, which is skin allergen, and Methylisothiazolinone, which is skin allergen and irritant. By the way, Methylisothiazolinone is found unsafe and banned for use in cosmetics in Europe.

Conclusions

The strongest concern is the fragrance presence, the composition of which is unknown. That means either it is totally safe or can contain some substances that could possibly irritate skin and eyes. The other concern are preservatives that could possibly irritate the skin and eyes. Beside that, it is the perfect product for oily skin. It really does its job, clarifying and purifying the hair and giving it the natural shine.

My mark: 4 out of 5

I tested Hair Food complimentary from Influenster, but the opinion is my own.
Makenzie D.
Bloomington
This is my favorite cleansing shampoo! With my fine hair, many other cleansing shampoos made my hair feel super dry.  Used once a week, your scalp feels much cleaner.

Pros:  gets scalp/hair clean, controls oily scalp, smells great, a little goes a long way.

Cons: none at this time.

Will buy again when I run out.
Gena A.
Sitka , KY
How great is this shampoo? Does it have a great scent? Where can you buy this?
Cassie D.
Vail, AZ
Where would I buy this? Is there other products by them like conditioners and hair treatment, etc...?
Elizabeth M.
Fraser, MI
Does this smell more like strawberry or ginger or both? I'm not a big "fake strawberry smell" fan but i really want to try this.
Melanie B.
S Ozone Park, NY
Does this make your hair thicker AND longer?
Ashlee W.
Sebastian, FL
Has anyone tried using this and the hair mask in tandem?