Hair Food Strawberry Ginger Root Cleansing Shampoo

by Hair Food

Inspired by the benefits of nutrient-packed, vitalizing ingredients like strawberry and ginger, Hair Food Root Cleansing Shampoo deeply cleanses hair to remove buildup for lustrous, natural shine

I can't find you in stores! Whyyy?
I tried the Kiwi version of this shampoo and it didn’t smell so great. Anyone try any other versions and do they smell better and work well?
Does this make your hair dry? Also, how is the scent?
Start your review of Hair Food Strawberry Ginger Root Cleansing Shampoo!
Tuscumbia, AL
I would love to try this product!! I have bleached and done so much to my hair it has begun to dry out a bit and this looks like the shampoo that could save my hair. I love strawberry so I'm sure the smell would be an added bonus of it being awesome!! Please send me some.
Black / Color Protection, Heat Protection, Volume / Straight, Color Treated
Keene , NH
Hair Food Strawberry Ginger Root Cleansing Shampoo uploaded by Angelina B.
The Hair food brand is one of the most amazing shampoos I have ever used ! The lather was amazing!!!! The smell was of amazing strawberries 🍓 ! The scent was just sooooooo refreshing and my hair has never felt more soft and hydrated 💖💖💖💖💖 ladies if you’re looking for a new shampoo or even to try something new !!! And amazing 😉 go to ULTA !!!- and pick up some @Hairfood #contest ! I am in a hair food contest and I am just so happy I decided to join this contest because this is the best shampoo EVER 👏🏼🤗😍
Dark Blonde / Frizz, Heat Protection, Split Ends / Oily, Straight, Wavy
From the first use of this shampoo I fell in love with it. And not just due to its wonderful flavor, but it really works! I have oily hair and sometimes it is a real challenge to find appropriate shampoo that could completely clean my hair without using half of the bottle. I guess I finally found one! Pros: 1. Perfectly does its job. It cleans the hair with just 1 pump of a product. It foams very nicely and I wash not only the roots but also spread the foam to the hair ends. The oily hair (that usually should be washed every other day) stays clean up to 3 days in a row. 2. The scent! The product has heavenly aroma of strawberries, making the hair-washing so pleasant. 3. The effect. I really see that after 3 washes my hair looks more healthy and shinier than ever (not oily but natural shine). It became very soft and the scent lasts the whole day after the wash. 4. Easy to use. The dosing pump is very handy. Only 1 pump is enough for long hair. 5. Ingredients. First, I love when the product contains plant extracts, here there are 3: strawberry fruit, orange blossom and green tea leaf. These plants are well known by their conditioning properties. Moreover, green tea is the perfect antioxidant, has good healing and protecting properties. Second, the package claims that shampoo is silicone, paraben and mineral oil free. The less artificial ingredients the better! Cons: 1. Again, Ingredients. First of all, they advertise that the shampoo is infused with Strawberry and Ginger Fragrance, which is true. But among the ingredients you will not find the ginger extract, meaning it’s hidden behind “Fragrance” ingredient. Beside ginger we don’t know what else are behind this word – could be something harmful, could be completely innocent substance. But unknowing is the worst. Second, they claim that it is paraben free, but they use instead another preservatives, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, which is skin allergen, and Methylisothiazolinone, which is skin allergen and irritant. By the way, Methylisothiazolinone is found unsafe and banned for use in cosmetics in Europe. Conclusions The strongest concern is the fragrance presence, the composition of which is unknown. That means either it is totally safe or can contain some substances that could possibly irritate skin and eyes. The other concern are preservatives that could possibly irritate the skin and eyes. Beside that, it is the perfect product for oily skin. It really does its job, clarifying and purifying the hair and giving it the natural shine. My mark: 4 out of 5 I tested Hair Food complimentary from Influenster, but the opinion is my own.
Medium Brown / Curls, Damage, Frizz / Dry, Oily, Wavy
Charleston, SC
I often have buildup on my scalp, and whenever I go to get my hair cut and/or colored, my stylist has to use a clarifying treatment. Because of this, I decided to purchase a clarifying shampoo. My hair is thick and always heavy and hard to manage. I started using this every time I wash my hair, and the difference is amazing! It's easier to wash, brush, and style.
Blonde / Color Protection, Damage, Heat Protection / Normal, Wavy, Thick
This has been a go to shampoo for me for a while now. I use it with another shampoo but on days I skip this shampoo, I definitely can tell a difference. This shampoo definitely helps my hair feel clean, doesn't weigh it down nor dries it out. My only problem is sometimes I can't find it in stores, seems to go out of stock often.
Platinum / Brittleness, Curls, Damage / Oily, Straight, Wavy
Mobile , AL
This is a scalp cleans so I use it once a week and I notice a difference in the level of build up. My scalp feels so clean after and the bottle is huge and lasts forever!
Brunette / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Damage / Normal, Wavy, Thick
Allentown , PA
Purchased at: ULTA
Recently came across a couple different products from this line hair food and I am in love. This is a deep cleansing shampoo which if you use a lot of different products is great to strip your hair of what they leave behind. Great smell very nice lather left my hair feeling soft and felt so clean. I have medium brown hair but love keeping my hair blonde this worked great I also use the hair oil and style cream.
Dark Blonde / Brittleness, Color Protection, Curls / Dry, Wavy, Kinky
This product is very good and smells amazing . I think it moisturizes better than other brands. The sent is long lasting and makes your roots look very healthy. I would consider buying it again because my hair never looked better.
Blonde / Color Protection, Damage, Dryness / Dry, Normal, Straight
I just recently bought this from target and I love it. It makes my hair so soft. However I do have to still wash my hair everyday so my hair isn't oily. It leaves my hair smelling so good. I would buy this again
Medium Brown / Color Protection, Curls, Damage / Oily, Wavy, Curly
From the first use of this shampoo I fell in love with it. And not just due to its wonderful flavor, but it really works! I have oily hair and sometimes it is a real challenge to find appropriate shampoo that could completely clean my hair without using half of the bottle. I guess I finally found one! Pros: 1. Perfectly does its job. It cleans the hair with just 1 pump of a product. It foams very nicely and I wash not only the roots but also spread the foam to the hair ends. The oily hair (that usually should be washed every other day) stays clean up to 3 days in a row. 2. The scent! The product has heavenly aroma of strawberries, making the hair-washing so pleasant. 3. The effect. I really see that after 3 washes my hair looks more healthy and shinier than ever (not oily but natural shine). It became very soft and the scent lasts the whole day after the wash. 4. Easy to use. The dosing pump is very handy. Only 1 pump is enough for long hair. 5. Ingredients. First, I love when the product contains plant extracts, here there are 3: strawberry fruit, orange blossom and green tea leaf. These plants are well known by their conditioning properties. Moreover, green tea is the perfect antioxidant, has good healing and protecting properties. Second, the package claims that shampoo is silicone, paraben and mineral oil free. The less artificial ingredients the better! Cons: 1. Again, Ingredients. First of all, they advertise that the shampoo is infused with Strawberry and Ginger Fragrance, which is true. But among the ingredients you will not find the ginger extract, meaning it’s hidden behind “Fragrance” ingredient. Beside ginger we don’t know what else are behind this word – could be something harmful, could be completely innocent substance. But unknowing is the worst. Second, they claim that it is paraben free, but they use instead another preservatives, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, which is skin allergen, and Methylisothiazolinone, which is skin allergen and irritant. By the way, Methylisothiazolinone is found unsafe and banned for use in cosmetics in Europe. Conclusions The strongest concern is the fragrance presence, the composition of which is unknown. That means either it is totally safe or can contain some substances that could possibly irritate skin and eyes. The other concern are preservatives that could possibly irritate the skin and eyes. Beside that, it is the perfect product for oily skin. It really does its job, clarifying and purifying the hair and giving it the natural shine. My mark: 5 out of 5
Dark Brown / Brittleness, Frizz / Wavy, Thick

121 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...