BY HAIR FOOD #56 in Shampoo

Hair Food Volume Shampoo is inspired by fresh, energy packed ingredients known for their vitalizing power.

• A fragrant blend of energizing kiwi and exotic fig
  • Volume Shampoo cleanses hair for luxurious body and shine

• Does anyone know which shampoo/conditioner set from this line is ...1 Answers
  • I currently use the Apricot Shampoo in the Hair Food line but was...2 Answers
  • I have fine, long, straight hair and have problems with shampoo n...2 Answers
Hair Food Kiwi Shampoo
  • "It leaves my hair smelling great and I notice my hair doesn't fall out as much." in 2 reviews
  • "I bought this product from target and couldn't be happier, I will admit when I rinse it out of my hair my hair does not feel that great but as soon as I get out and blow dry my hair it feels softer then ever And really hydrated." in 2 reviews
  • "This product is perfect and leaves your hair smelling great all day! " in 2 reviews
  • "I have thin and fine hair and the shampoo leaves my hair soft with lots of volume." in 1 review
  • "It also keeps my hair very moisturized." in 1 review
Alyssa H.
Seattle, WA
For the past month or so I've been using products from Hair Food, which is a line "inspired by fresh, energy packed ingredients, known for their vitalizing power" (according to the bottle). At first I was really excited to give these a shot. The packaging design made me think they would be all natural, especially with the earth tones and photos of fruit. I like to stay away from any shampoos that contain sulfates, because I hate how they make my hair feel, and I was pleased to see a list on the front of the bottle of other things the formula did not contain, including silicon, paraben, and mineral oil.

Unfortunately, the first time I began scrubbing my hair with the shampoo that dreaded rubbery-dry feeling happened. I was really confused, until I turned the bottle over to reveal 2 of the most prevalent ingredients were sulfate. Such a disappointment.

Beyond including an ingredient I typically avoid, I was unimpressed with the shampoo. The scent was described as kiwi and exotic fig, but I wasn't ever really able to smell it. There's something about a great smelling shampoo that I really love, so not having that fresh fruity scent I expected was a real bummer.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
I have officially been converted to this shampoo. Let’s start off with the most amazing thing about this product - the absolutely AMAZING scent! Ugh, it’s seriously like nothing I’ve ever smelled before...in the best way possible. I love a good non-fruity scent, and this is so perfect. It’s got enough of a sweetness but still very fresh and naturally clean smelling. I love it so much for scent alone.

Other pro’s about this product: it washes my hair just as I’d expect a shampoo to do. I don’t think my hair looks extraordinarily different compared to other shampoos I’ve used, but it certainly doesn’t look any worse. I am currently on Accutane for my skin, which has been keeping my scalp’s oil production to a minimum. This product has not irritated my scalp, made it itchy, or cause dandruff (a few shampoos have). So I cannot currently speak for how well it controls oil throughout the day, but it definitely isn’t irritating to my pretty dry scalp situation.

The only con for me is the slightly higher price. At around $10/bottle, it’s a little more expensive than what I’m used to spending on a bottle of shampoo. But it is a relatively large bottle, and seems to be lasting for now!

Honestly, I’d recommend this shampoo on scent alone - go smell it and you just might be converted too!
Alyssa H.
I just bought this product but did not get to try it yet so i will update as soon as i do and see how it works out. I have thin, fine hair that lacks in volume and thickness so will let u kno how it does for my hair. But i wanted to give a poitive review ahead of time for the packaging. I purchased these at wal-mart and i noticed they came wrapped in plastic so they could not be opened up at all until u purchase or if someone does open them uo ahead of time u will know. Products start to expire once they are opened and u never know when a product was actually opened since people always open them in the stores and a couple times i hd problems were a product went bad before it should have and i think this may be why so the fact that these come wrapped with plastic is a great deal for me! Not to mention the size of the bottle for the price too is actually good, plus it comes in a pump bottle which is very convenient. That alone made it worth a try for me.
Chloe S.
Iowa City, IA
I received this shampoo complimentary to test as part of the Hair Food VoxBox campaign. I love the smell of this shampoo, and the size of the bottle is nice; the pump is also a nice addition. It lathers into the hair well, and rinses out leaving my hair feeling soft. However, I can't say that I loved the way my hair dried after using it. I have thick curly hair, and this made my curls fall really easily. It made my hair feel lightweight, which I guess is one way of making hair have more volume, however, it just made my hair kind of frizzy and turned my curls into waves. I liked the smell, but after giving it a couple of chances in the shower to see how my curls would hold, I was underwhelmed. I would be very unlikely to purchase this particular line of Hair Food, although I might be willing to try one that is designed for curly hair in the future because of the smell and value.
Cheyenna C.
Portland, ME
I recieved this Hair infused with Food Kiwi and Exotic fig yesterday and have used it twice. I have an oily scalp but this shampoo leaves my scalp and hair clean. I admire the fragarance as well, my hair smells juicy and delicious for hours. I noticed it added quite a bit of volume to my hair. I think that it could be a little more voluminous, but this does give my hair good shape which is what I look for. My hair is certaintly more bouncy and energetic! The only negative thing I will add to this review is that it is not vegan/cruelty free, even though the ingredients seem quite natural. I hope to see them jump on the wagon soon. Overall though it is 4/5 stars and my hair feels luxurious.
Shilo B.
On to the usage of the Kiwi + Fig Shampoo & Conditioner. I had seen reviews on this product prior to trying it out saying that it wasn’t lathering up on hair as much as a person had wanted. My expectations because of this wasn’t too high. However, I recently learned the proper way to get gunk out of one’s hair is to later the shampoo on one’s hand before massaging the product onto one’s head. I followed the new steps of proper hair care that I learned, which then gave me an ample amount of suds to lather onto my hair. After a few uses, I’ve come to a few conclusions:

1. This particular shampoo really does work - my hair does seem to be volumized, in comparison to a week ago (which is what the shampoo advertises).
2. The shampoo itself smells amazing, so does the conditioner.

There’s an added bonus for me, if the company is cruelty free or vegan. So of course, I had to reach out to the company itself. My favorite part? They don’t test on animals!
Jenny P.
I love how natural the ingredients in this shampoo are because it’s free of parabens, silicone, and mineral oil which is something that many shampoos actually contain. After using it for a few weeks, I can already feel a difference in my hair as it is usually very dry but this product has started to make my hair hold more moisture thus making it look and feel healthier. I think it’s a great value because of the price ($10), how much you get (17.9 FL OZ), and how it’s free of harmful ingredients. I’m not the biggest fan of the scent though because it’s a little too strong for me. However, that is personal preference so if you like kiwi then you may love the scent. I will be looking into the other scents that hairfood has for this shampoo because I’m loving the results so far!
Rachel K.
Frisco, TX
This shampoo... OMG. As someone with thin hair I tend to go towards volumizing types but nothing has given me the boost or healthy glow like Hair Food. Also I had a good bit of breakage at the ends but since using it for about a week I can already see the difference. My ends look healthy and smith without getting a trim! Only downside is that I haven’t seen it anywhere in stores. I’m really interested to see the whole line and what else they offer. Even spray or heat protectant. The formula is great as well only con I have is I wish it smelled more like fruit. It needs some like green apple or citrus smell to brighten it up. But that’s just my taste so💁🏽Hair Food Kiwi Shampoo
Jordan S.
Levittown, PA
It’s taken me half the bottle to decide how to write this review. This product to me is above average for sure but, not necessarily something I’d pick as my go to. The smell is nice but is not long lasting. The bottle has a pump which nice but I felt like I was using to much just to get enough to have my hair washed. It kept my hair clean for a couple of days but, didn’t give me the feeling I normally get once I wash my hair (it felt like it wasn’t clean even though it was). It left my hair light and airy. A good product to try if your looking for something new.
Arisa S.
Las Vegas, NV
I received this product complimentary through #influenster and I was really excited when I got picked to try it. I used it the other night was really disappointed that it didn’t keep my hair smelling great. I washed my hair twice with the shampoo and still nothing. I work in a smoke filled environment and my hair still smelled like smoke after scrubbing my hair. Not a fan. I really wanted to like it. Hair Food Kiwi Shampoo
Dixie M.
Is it sulfate free?
Sarah M.
Chamblee, GA
What is your favorite thing about this shampoo? Do you feel it actually does what its supposed to on your hair?
Samantha B.
Whitman, WV
Is this a good product for your hair?
Alissandra D.
Las vegas, NV
I love the way this shampoo, and all Hair Food shampoo smells! But I was wondering if it is safe to use on color treated hair? Or will it strip the color?
Brooke G.
Golden Valley, MN
I have fine, long, straight hair and have problems with shampoo not leaving my hand feel clean. Not sure if it's residue or just not cleaning away the oil. So I was wondering if anyone experienced this with this shampoo?