Add a Photo

By HAIR FOOD
Find Shampoos, Conditioners, And Hair Treatments at Target.com! Hair Food Moisture is inspired by pampering and relaxing ingredients to hydrate and condition the hair. ; *Moisture Shampoo is designed for system use with the Moisture Conditioner. Use together for luxurious moisture and nourishment for healthy looking hair. ; Uniquely infused with honey and apricot fragrance. ; Moisture Shampoo provides a luxurious, rich lather. ; Silicone Free; Paraben Free; Mineral Oil Free. Gender: Unisex.
Photos (91)
Hallie C.
Hallie C.
Stroudsburg, PA
So I've been coloring my hair now for over a year and a half and I just recently went back to highlighting it blonde instead of the full color red I was doing for a year. I asked my hair stylist if I needed to continue buying the expensive Redken shampoo and conditioner that I had been to maintain the red color. She told me no and that my number one focus should be on something that is moisturizing... Well, I found my replacement! I received a free sample of this in my most recent #SproutVoxBox for testing purposes and I am SO glad that I did. Not only does this shampoo (and the conditioner) smell amazing, it has worked wonders on my hair! I am pretty positive that Clairol now has a forever fan of their Hair Food line... Especially the honey and apricot! My hair is smoothr, softer, and shinier since using it. I plan to go out to the store and buy the full sized versions of this and the conditioner! Try it if you are thinking about it... You won't be disappointed!
Debbie R.
Debbie R.
Los Angeles, CA
After giving birth late last year, my hair suddenly became dull, thin, and straw-like. I've been bouncing back and forth between shampoos, trying to find one that instantly leaves my hair noticeably soft and shiny and Hair Food is a contender. The shampoo/conditioner claims to provide "luxurious moisture and nourishment for healthy looking hair." After using it and quickly blow drying without any additional hair products, I actually did a double take in the car sideview mirror as my husband drove - my hair felt soft, looked shiny and healthy. Since I only had a sample size I was only able to use for a day. My hair soon went back to its old self, but I am willing to continue using Hair Food. It also lathered nicely and smelled great!

Received as part of the Target Beauty Box and Influenster Sprout VoxBox.
Francis S.
Francis S.
I received this in my Sprout Vox Box. I haven't used Clairol hair products before so I was intrigued. I loved the smell right away (I prefer fruity/food scents over floral). The scent was not too overpowering but definitely had the scent of honey and apricot. The conditioner had a slightly different texture than I'm used to and a little went a long way for my medium wavy length hair. I typically wash my hair at night and let it air dry while I sleep. I woke up and my hair was shiny and fairly straight with less body than normal (which I don't mind since my hair can get poofy). It doesn't feel luxurious but I did like that it took care of my flyaway/poofy issue and my hair feels clean. I'm not sure that I would buy this due to the cost but if the price point were lower I would consider it for purchase.
Brandy W.
Brandy W.
I received this in my SproutVoxBox and immediately loved it. My hair has historically been very dry and damaged, but thanks to Influenster, is has improved significantly in the past couple months. After using this, my hair felt super soft and touchable. I actually went to bed with semi-wet hair (which is usually asking for a morning disaster) and was pleasantly surprised when I woke up the next day and my hair wasn't a total rat's nest. I styled my hair as normal and my hair looked super shiny and healthy. I have since added this in to my regular rotation (I rotate between this, Shea Moisture, and Whole Blends). The only thing I wish was a little better was the longevity of the smell. It smells amazing in the shower but by the next day, the smell is gone. Other than that, great products.
Cassie D.
Cassie D.
Vail, AZ
Food for my hair?!?? Yes, please!!! I received a free sample of this Hair Food shampoo and condition in my #sproutvoxbox, and I love the way it made my hair feel. I was a bit nervous, as when I was washing with the shampoo, my hair started to feel stringy once the shampoo was rinsed. However, as I applied the the conditioner, my hair began to soften, and my I could run my fingers through my hair without it being stringy or without it getting tangeled. Both the shampoo and condition work together to give my hair the desired softness it need, and gives it a healthy shine! I love the smell too, as it's not too strong, but it's a pleasant scent that leaves my hair feeling clean. I also love that the shampoo is paraben free, so it doesn't really dry out my hair, and really hydrates my hair!
Rin F.
Rin F.
I think I've found THE ONE, thanks to Influenster. My main hair concerns are oily scalp, very dry ends, and hair fall. This shampoo tackles all my hair problems! It isn't marketed to control hair fall, but it somehow does it for me. I've probably been using shampoos with chemicals that my hair does not like. The shampoo does not lather that well but I don't mind about that since it still gets the job done. It effectively cleanses my oily roots, no flakes! Ends are actually soft and shiny. Hair had very minimal tangles after shower and it was so easy to comb through. I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO. Use it with the accompanying conditioner! I hope this shampoo becomes available in other stores too. Currently, I only see it in Target.
Kate J.
Kate J.
I received a sample of this shampoo in my Target Beauty Box. This shampoo smells wonderful with a honey apricot scent. The shampoo reminded me a little of a hair oil, and wasn't super thick. The shampoo lathered great when I used it and left my hair feeling pretty clean after.
This is a great product, but its not great for me personally. My hair has been quite oil prone over the past year and gets oily quickly depending on what products I use in it. My hair can also be fickle when it comes to certain products, especially with hydrating shampoos and other products. So, overall, I don't recommend this shampoo for hair that gets oily quickly.
Abbey R.
Abbey R.
Waldorf, MD
I received a sample of this shampoo and conditioner in my Sprout Vox Box. I have thick, curly, and damaged hair. This product smelled very good as I applied it and lathered up. After rinsing out the shampoo, my hair didn't feel tangled, it was silky soft. The conditioner made it even softer afterwards and easy to comb out. My hair smelled great for hours after it had dried and the ends of my hair no longer felt dry. I noticed a little more shine and vibrancy in my hair too. I've already gone out and bought full size bottles of this! A must try if you are looking for a new shampoo/conditioner combo!
Kathryn W.
Kathryn W.
Pfafftown, NC
I received a sample of the apricot and honey Hair Food shampoo and conditioner from Influenster and it really helped to calm and moisturize my thick, frizzy hair! I liked the warm, sweet scent and thought the formula felt really soft and silky. My hair definitely felt softer, more relaxed, and healthier after just one wash. I appreciate that the products contain no parabens or mineral oil, as these ingredients can be potentially harmful to the body. I really enjoyed the packaging design, the healthier formula, and the way my hair felt and looked after using!
Jenna L.
Jenna L.
I'm excited to try this product that I received from my #sproutvoxbox earlier this month! I like that the product is by a big name brand, but you wouldn't even know it at first, which means that it isn't going to be difficult to find this shampoo & conditioner again if I fall in love! I have long very thick hair, so I also like that the sample is larger than some I have received in the past so I'll have enough to actually clean and cover my hair!! Will update my review once I try it out this weekend. Giving 4 stars for now
chris j.
chris j.
Does this leave your hair feeling oily or more of a clean feeling?
Autumn F.
Autumn F.
Powell, TN
I have very oily hair and when it comes to shampoo and conditioner I mainly use the shampoo. Would I be better off just using the Hair Food Shampoo?
Lori Ann C.
Lori Ann C.
New Bedford, MA
Is this good for color treated hair?
Emily H.
Emily H.
Does it leave your hair soft and smooth or does it dry it out? My hair is really thick and need a shampoo and conditioner that does that.
Rebecca L.
Rebecca L.
Evansville, IN
Is this safe for color treated hair?