BY HAIR FOOD

Hair Food Moisture Shampoo is inspired by pampering and relaxing ingredients to hydrate and condition the hair.

• Moisture Shampoo is designed for system use with the Moisture Conditioner. Use together for luxurious moisture and nourishment for healthy looking hair that shines
  • Uniquely infused with honey and apricot fragrance
  • Moisture Shampoo provides a luxurious, rich lather

• I have seen a few products calling themselves "hair food"...3 Answers
  • How well does this last? I'm one who likes to try and was...3 Answers
Denisse P.
Charlestown, MA
Boy oh boy, where do I start?! This product is everything and Dim-Sum. It smells absolutely amazing! I tried the Clairol Hair Food Infused with Honey Apricot Fragrance Moisture Shampoo & Moisture Hair Mask Set 2 pc Pack Honey Apricot scent (almost wrote flavor here y'all ha!) & its absolutely divine. It's a sweet subtle scent (not overpowering like most sweet scents). The moisture shampoo claims to "provide a luxurious, rich lather. Nourishes for healthy looking hair that shines". Does it hold up to it's claims? Absolutely! I received a sample size (0.33 fl oz) in my Chic VoxBox this month. My only wish is that it was a full sized product.....loved it soo much! I have kinky/curly hairtype (3b/3c) and my hair loved it. Cannot wait to go out and purchase the full sized bottles.
Lesley S.
Nashville, TN
I've just started really noticing the products in these volumizing and thickening shampoos and have had to be more careful when purchasing. I really like this Hair Food Apricot Shampoo because it gives me what I need without breaking the bank or smelling way too strong. It feels like it's actually doing it's work with a thick, silky lather and isn't using anything harsh to deliver the product of having healthier looking hair instantly. I received this as a free gift from Influenster in exchange for an honest review and I was really happy to test a product that I was genuinely looking for! I did not have fine hair when I was younger and now my hair is super thin, very fine and straight. I have never really color treated it nor does it suffer from treatment damage. I have purchased the full size product of the shampoo along with the hair and nails vitamins I have been taking and will post a post-3 months review! Really great product for the price and for those who have thin or dull hair.
Charlie C.
Eastvale, CA
My hair has been color treated since I was 13. It has been bleached and colored over and bleached again and has survived two pregnancies and a bunch of hormone imbalances. Lately it’s been so difficult to find something that will just clean my hair and leave it feeling soft, not stripped and not weight down. I have to admit I had my doubts about Hair Food considering the price point and the fact that my hair has not responded to anything less than salon product over the past two years. Once I lathered up, however, my experience was so far from what I had expected that I literally spent my entire shower flabbergasted. From the silky feel of the shampoo, to the tropical like fragrance, to the super foamy lather, and then ultimate clean feeling my hair had....this was a total win from start to finish. I have since purchased some hair food to keep at home and will continue to tell my friends about my new favorite shampoo!
Cindia G.
Fleetwood, PA
The shampoo advertises that it is silicone, paraben, and mineral oil free which is true. I was just very disappointed that it was sulfate free as well. However I decided to give it a try. My hair is naturally curly. Other than my highlights it is at its natural state. I included a photo of my hair after my wash. I used both the shampoo and conditioner and then I added Jamaican Castor Oil and Shea Moisture Hydrating Mask, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancer, and EcoStyle (sulfate free) gel and I diffused my hair with my blow drier.

+The smell is nice and not overpowering at all.
+ For those that don’t mind, it lathers up pretty nicely
+The dispensing pump is awesome and puts out a decent amount of shampoo.
+The packaging is very zen like
+You get a lot of Shampoo in the container!
- Sulfate and that alone is the only reason why I wouldn’t purchase.

This product was sent to me for free, to test and use and to give my honest review. By influenster.
Chloe H.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster, but all opinions and ideas are my own. I actually liked this product pretty well. I have very naturally curly hair that I only wash once or twice a week. I try to be very careful with what products I use because I don't want my hair to look oily after only a day or two. This product, along with its conditioner, worked from the moment that I put it in my hair until I dried my hair. I felt its nourishing power as I was washing my hair, and I was impressed at its ability to nourish so quickly. I gave this product only four stars because after a day, it kind of seemed to start to knot my hair up, but that could have also been the curling gel I used after I washed and conditioned my hair. I would definitely buy this product, but I would not pay more than $7-8 for it (I don't know how much it is in the store, but I typically only spend $3-4 on shampoo or conditioner.)
Margaret Q.
Port Chester, NY
The scent of the shampoo is so refreshing and perfect for spring! A light, clean apricot scent. I also loved that the shampoo was free from a lot of chemicals that dull and dry hair. It comes in a convenient pump tube and lathers well. The shampoo is about $10, but you get a lot of the product- it’s right in the middle of standard and salon quality. My only dislike was that its selling point was as a moisturizing shampoo. I ha e very dry hair, so I did not see much of a difference after a week of use. Decide for yourself if you have normal type hair, i personally feel it is worth a shot if you are looking for a new shampoo. Hair Food Apricot Shampoo
Morgan T.
Seaford, DE
I was super excited to receive my Hair Food Voxbox complimentary of Influenster! When I first opened the bottles, I thought they had a nice scent. Very appealing. This specific one is for adding moisture in your hair. But the shampoo just isn’t that great. I had really high hopes for it, but it didn’t wow me. I can usually tell right away if I’m going to like a shampoo when I start lathering it up, and if my hair feels extra dry, I know the shampoo is a no go. Unfortunately after testing this shampoo many times, that’s the feeling my hair got once I applied it. It just felt as though it really stripped my hair of any natural oils I had, and it didn’t add any moisture back into it. Unfortunately, I won’t be repurchasing this product. Even if I DID like it, Clairol is sadly not a cruelty free brand, and I couldn’t support them anyway. The two stars are for the scent, the price for the size bottle you get, and that it did “clean” my hair, it just didn’t add moisture like it suggests.
Ani D.
Rockledge, FL
The Hair Food Apricot Shampoo Sample I received in my Chic Vox Box smelled really good in the shower. I had to use the entire packet to lather up my shoulder length strands, but I'll blame my crummy water for that. I still felt a little soapy after rinsing- whole packet+crummy water- but after conditioning and rinsing I felt squeaky clean and my hair smelled really good.
However, that smell didn't linger long. I wash my hair at night before bed and only once, maybe twice, a week; but when I brushed my hair on the second morning after washing with the Hair Food line, sadly that lovely smell had completely dissipated and my hair smelled like it had been close to the full week of not washing, after just 1 day :/
If you're a daily/frequent washer I'd recommend this Hair Food Apricot Shampoo for you; but if you're like me and don't sud up that often, this may not be your best choice.
Samantha K.
Vallejo , CA
Gotta say, absolutely amazing! I’m actually a tough critic but definitely have no complaints with this product. I personally have never used Clairol hair products. I usually go with Garnier, OGX, or Herbal Essence but this products is my absolute new favorite. I’m not sure what’s in this product that’s made such a huge change in my hair but usually after I wash it and let it dry, my hair is ALWAYS poofy and never lays flat which I just assumed was the way my hair was or maybe because I don’t trim it often enough but obviously neither of those is the case because this product made my hair so soft, shiny, and poof-free. Will definitely be using this product again.
Felisha J.
Bronx, NY
I received this shampoo for free to test and give my honest opinion. This shampoo smells so good it has a very pleasant honey and apricot smell. I really can’t judge it on a few tries, I can only judge it by my first impression. First time using it it actually left my hair a bit stiff and hard, but once I applied the conditioner everything was fine. It claims to be a a moisture shampoo which I can’t actually judge because I’ve only used it once. It’s silicone free, paraben free and mineral oil free. I don’t actually know if this can be used by any hair type, but I would totally recommend to anyone. It’s worth trying!
Mary M.
SPRING, TX
I have a very dry scalp . Would this irritate my scalp or dry it out?
chris j.
Does this leave your hair feeling oily or more of a clean feeling?
Emma G.
Autumn F.
Powell, TN
I have very oily hair and when it comes to shampoo and conditioner I mainly use the shampoo. Would I be better off just using the Hair Food Shampoo?
aryelin L.
Wow I have heard wonderful things about this hair product however I have my doubts because my hair is a little thin abundant and dry I do not know how good I can go can you recommend me???