BY HAIR FOOD #99 in Shampoo

Hair Food Moisture Shampoo is inspired by pampering and relaxing ingredients to hydrate and condition the hair.

• Moisture Shampoo is designed for system use with the Moisture Conditioner. Use together for luxurious moisture and nourishment for healthy looking hair that shines
  • Uniquely infused with honey and apricot fragrance
  • Moisture Shampoo provides a luxurious, rich lather

• I have seen a few products calling themselves "hair food"...1 Answers
  • I have been interested in trying this but I'm not sure ha...2 Answers
Hannah C.
St Petersburg, FL
I was really excited to try the Hair Food Apricot Shampoo because I tend to stick with the shampoos I know amd love and rarely stray from them or branch out to try new ones. I was particularly happy about the fact that the one I was sent in my VoxBox was the formula that contains apricot extract and honey. I am obsessed with honey in my beauty products. First off I noticed the scent was very gentle and not very strong at all. If you the kind of person who is sensitive to scents this would bd a great option for you! However, I personally prefer a heavy scent in my shampoos and conditioners because 1, it makes for a relaxing and enjoyable shower experience and 2, I love to be able to smell my shampoo and conditioner in my hair after I have dried and styled it. I can honestly say that is my only hang-up with this product.

This particular formula helps to create lasting moisture and shine and I have to say it are it definitely gives my hair lovely shine and my frizz is much better. My hair is much more manageable! And I am all about the frizz control as I live in Florida so frizz is a real struggle. Lastly, one of the best parts...THE SALON STYLE PUMP! I love shampoos and conditioners with pumps! I so prefer them over the standard squeeze bottles. I highly recommend this dynamic duo!
Kat P.
Minneapolis, MN
Before anything, I'd like to start off with describing my hair type. I am an Asian living in the United States. I used to have long, thick black hair that thinned and became frail in the American waters. I had waited about a month before writing this review because I am very particular with my hair care, especially as I suffer from stress induced hair fall as well. Because of this I wash my hair every second or third day only. The first week was a bit miserable. Because my scalp was getting used to the new product, my hair fall was worrisome. Normally, I would see hair fall in the shower post conditioning. Using the new shampoo in the first week had my hair falling right after shampooing. I fought through the stress, and continued to use the shampoo. Lucky that I did as a month in, I am quite enjoying this product! It smells amazing in the shower but not overwhelmingly strong just the way I like it! My hair fall has gone back to normal and i love how the shampoo has my hair feeling clean without the "too stripping of healthy oils" feel I get with other shampoos. The packaging also looks very luxurious which is a huge plus! All in all I would definitely recommend this product to mostly everyone who doesn't suffer from sever hair fall that's stress induced! Hair Food Apricot Shampoo
Carol W.
Hollywood, FL
I liked that this was mineral oil and silicone free so I don’t have to worry about it breaking out my skin or giving me flat hair the more I used it but I don’t think this product worked with my fine hair. I really like the sweet floral scent which reminded me of peaches more than apricots and honey, which made washing my hair enjoyable. I used this for about a month so I could write a detailed review. The first 2 weeks were great, my hair looked amazing and it was sleek, shiny, and soft. By week 3 and 4 it made my hair super frizzy and the ends of my hair wasn’t curving the way it naturally would to frame my face. Instead it was going all over the place. Only solution would be to blow dry it every time to look like it did in weeks 1-2 which actually would dry it out and give heat damage so that’s not an option I want to do. I used this product everyday because my hair gets super greasy if I don’t but I guess maybe this product isn’t meant for that. The longer I used it, the worse it would get. If your hair routine is like mine then I wouldn’t recommend this product. Attached pic is when blow dried.
Lesley S.
Nashville, TN
I've just started really noticing the products in these volumizing and thickening shampoos and have had to be more careful when purchasing. I really like this Hair Food Apricot Shampoo because it gives me what I need without breaking the bank or smelling way too strong. It feels like it's actually doing it's work with a thick, silky lather and isn't using anything harsh to deliver the product of having healthier looking hair instantly. I received this as a free gift from Influenster in exchange for an honest review and I was really happy to test a product that I was genuinely looking for! I did not have fine hair when I was younger and now my hair is super thin, very fine and straight. I have never really color treated it nor does it suffer from treatment damage. I have purchased the full size product of the shampoo along with the hair and nails vitamins I have been taking and will post a post-3 months review! Really great product for the price and for those who have thin or dull hair.
cindia g.
Fleetwood, PA
The shampoo advertises that it is silicone, paraben, and mineral oil free which is true. I was just very disappointed that it was sulfate free as well. However I decided to give it a try. My hair is naturally curly. Other than my highlights it is at its natural state. I included a photo of my hair after my wash. I used both the shampoo and conditioner and then I added Jamaican Castor Oil and Shea Moisture Hydrating Mask, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancer, and EcoStyle (sulfate free) gel and I diffused my hair with my blow drier.

+The smell is nice and not overpowering at all.
+ For those that don’t mind, it lathers up pretty nicely
+The dispensing pump is awesome and puts out a decent amount of shampoo.
+The packaging is very zen like
+You get a lot of Shampoo in the container!
- Sulfate and that alone is the only reason why I wouldn’t purchase.

This product was sent to me for free, to test and use and to give my honest review. By influenster.
Katrina T.
Chester, VA
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the scent of Apricot and Honey, to the point that I have purchased multiple hand made products from small businesses in the scent so I was excited to that they claimed that this product had that scent.... Yeaaa.... it's so light that it's not even worth mentioning. The same size the provided (10ml) is great for multiple uses which gave me enough information to review this product (unlike the conditioner which allowed for maybe 1.5 washes of med-long length hair).

Using the product - it lathered well, and got the job done. Did my hair feel more moisturized? Not really, but I have bleached and damaged hair so if you're like me this product isn't for you. I do like that it's paraben free (so I bumped my rating from 2-star to 3-star) but for the price you can find tons of paraben free, sulfate free, etc-free products that are more affordable than this.
Chloe H.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster, but all opinions and ideas are my own. I actually liked this product pretty well. I have very naturally curly hair that I only wash once or twice a week. I try to be very careful with what products I use because I don't want my hair to look oily after only a day or two. This product, along with its conditioner, worked from the moment that I put it in my hair until I dried my hair. I felt its nourishing power as I was washing my hair, and I was impressed at its ability to nourish so quickly. I gave this product only four stars because after a day, it kind of seemed to start to knot my hair up, but that could have also been the curling gel I used after I washed and conditioned my hair. I would definitely buy this product, but I would not pay more than $7-8 for it (I don't know how much it is in the store, but I typically only spend $3-4 on shampoo or conditioner.)
Margaret Q.
Port Chester, NY
The scent of the shampoo is so refreshing and perfect for spring! A light, clean apricot scent. I also loved that the shampoo was free from a lot of chemicals that dull and dry hair. It comes in a convenient pump tube and lathers well. The shampoo is about $10, but you get a lot of the product- it’s right in the middle of standard and salon quality. My only dislike was that its selling point was as a moisturizing shampoo. I ha e very dry hair, so I did not see much of a difference after a week of use. Decide for yourself if you have normal type hair, i personally feel it is worth a shot if you are looking for a new shampoo. Hair Food Apricot Shampoo
Morgan T.
Seaford, DE
I was super excited to receive my Hair Food Voxbox complimentary of Influenster! When I first opened the bottles, I thought they had a nice scent. Very appealing. This specific one is for adding moisture in your hair. But the shampoo just isn’t that great. I had really high hopes for it, but it didn’t wow me. I can usually tell right away if I’m going to like a shampoo when I start lathering it up, and if my hair feels extra dry, I know the shampoo is a no go. Unfortunately after testing this shampoo many times, that’s the feeling my hair got once I applied it. It just felt as though it really stripped my hair of any natural oils I had, and it didn’t add any moisture back into it. Unfortunately, I won’t be repurchasing this product. Even if I DID like it, Clairol is sadly not a cruelty free brand, and I couldn’t support them anyway. The two stars are for the scent, the price for the size bottle you get, and that it did “clean” my hair, it just didn’t add moisture like it suggests.
Ani D.
Indian Beach, NC
The Hair Food Apricot Shampoo Sample I received in my Chic Vox Box smelled really good in the shower. I had to use the entire packet to lather up my shoulder length strands, but I'll blame my crummy water for that. I still felt a little soapy after rinsing- whole packet+crummy water- but after conditioning and rinsing I felt squeaky clean and my hair smelled really good.
However, that smell didn't linger long. I wash my hair at night before bed and only once, maybe twice, a week; but when I brushed my hair on the second morning after washing with the Hair Food line, sadly that lovely smell had completely dissipated and my hair smelled like it had been close to the full week of not washing, after just 1 day :/
If you're a daily/frequent washer I'd recommend this Hair Food Apricot Shampoo for you; but if you're like me and don't sud up that often, this may not be your best choice.
chris j.
Does this leave your hair feeling oily or more of a clean feeling?
Autumn F.
Powell, TN
I have very oily hair and when it comes to shampoo and conditioner I mainly use the shampoo. Would I be better off just using the Hair Food Shampoo?
Emily H.
Does it leave your hair soft and smooth or does it dry it out? My hair is really thick and need a shampoo and conditioner that does that.
Kelsey P.
How well does this last? I'm one who likes to try and wash my hair every couple of days (hello, dry shampoo!). Do you think you can still do that with this one or did your hair get greasy/oily sooner?
Lori Ann C.
New Bedford, MA
Is this good for color treated hair?