Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA

Have you volunteered with Habitat For Humanity?
Jamie Alysse A.
Jamie Alysse A.
Nov. 17, 2016, 2:36 p.m.
YEAH I REALLY enjoyed it, you can see the progress in your work right away
lauren c.
lauren c.
Aug. 21, 2016, 1:42 a.m.
No not yet but i have had a few friends participate and they said that it was a wonderful experience!
Nicole P.
Nicole P.
June 15, 2016, 3:48 a.m.
I have not volunteered. I do know that the terms after approval to have a home built stipulate that participants must put in so many hours helping to build someone else's home who participates in the program.
Amanda J.
Amanda J.
June 17, 2014, 2:36 p.m.
Yes, i helped on the construction of a house while in high school!
Cindy L.
Cindy L.
April 11, 2014, 11:14 p.m.
Yes I have volunteered. I did this in college. The college I attended kept their students active in helping out the community and this was one of many different volunteering opportunities
Lauren W.
Lauren W.
April 1, 2014, 6:26 a.m.
This year, at King's College, the Finance Association is most likely going to participate in one of their large volunteer days with a majority of the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre community, or going to purchase tickets to a RailRiders game that will support the organization. As small of a group as we are, we are still able to find many ways to support the organization through our local chapter.
Valerie W.
Valerie W.
March 26, 2014, 1:21 p.m.
Yep. I did in college. I helped build maybe 3 houses. I hope to again once life slows down a little.
Marie-Sophie G.
Marie-Sophie G.
Feb. 19, 2014, 9:46 a.m.
No but I would love to do it. I am not sure I would be very helpful since I don't have building skill but I would do what they will need me to do.
Anna H.
Anna H.
Feb. 13, 2014, 7:13 p.m.
Yes and it has been nothing but positive. In fact I will be doing some work this weekend with them.
Kitty J.
Kitty J.
Feb. 8, 2014, 12:42 p.m.
No but I have a friend who does on a regular basis. She is very happy with them!
Michelle L.
Michelle L.
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:29 p.m.
Yes and it was a totally amazing experience.
Christine C.
Christine C.
Jan. 26, 2014, 6:54 p.m.
Yes, with teens that had never been out of their state. It was an eye opening experience for them, and because of that made an impact in my life as well.
Sindy M.
Sindy M.
Jan. 25, 2014, 6:19 p.m.
YES! I have several times before and I loved it. I actually feel that it dose make a huge difference!
Sally P.
Sally P.
Nov. 28, 2013, 8:36 p.m.
Yes, during woman's week. I love Habitat for Humanity. Will be volunteering again.
Serena H.
Serena H.
Nov. 19, 2013, 11:36 a.m.
To date, I have not but I am looking forward to the opportunity to do so.
Janine A.
Janine A.
Sept. 27, 2013, 3:04 p.m.
Not yet but I want to!
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Sept. 9, 2013, 7:19 a.m.
Yes I volunteer every Saturday in one of there stores. I also make donations to them.
Maribeth H.
Maribeth H.
Sept. 3, 2013, 3:59 p.m.
I have helped with 2 house with a regular build .then i helped with one of the women builds that Reba mac entire helps with furnishing some of the things for the house.
Danielle D.
Danielle D.
July 23, 2013, 12:36 p.m.
Yes! They're doing amazing things and I'm glad i could help out !
Kim k.
Kim k.
June 26, 2013, 7 p.m.
No but I think it would be a great opportunity.
Veronica S.
Yes while in college I volunteered 6 months
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
May 14, 2013, 11:25 p.m.
Yes, my frat APhiO volunteers with Habitat For Humanity every year. We raise up money and help build homes.
Eliza F.
Eliza F.
April 29, 2013, 9 a.m.
Yes, and it was a wonderfully rewarding experience. I highly recommend it to anyone, as well as with your children as it fosters a sense of philanthropy at a young age.
Amber L.
Amber L.
April 8, 2013, 5:48 p.m.
Yes I have! I did it my junior and senior year and loved it! I didn't know a lot about building but just did easy things like painting.
Randi B.
Randi B.
April 3, 2013, 7:12 p.m.
I did in high school, would love to get back into it. I still get emails from them. =\
Cherise M.
Cherise M.
March 19, 2013, 8:56 a.m.
Yes! Many times in different sites. Seattle, Mobile, Phoenix, Louisville, St. Augustine, and more! Great experiences every time!
Connie P.
Connie P.
March 11, 2013, 2:22 p.m.
I have done 5 collegiate challenges, 1 in high school and 4 in college. And I was involved in my college's campus chapter.
Lori C.
Lori C.
March 6, 2013, 6:59 p.m.
Not yet! But planning on it very soon!!
Kayla M.
Kayla M.
March 1, 2013, 6:30 a.m.
No I haven't yet, but I hope to some day! :)
Karen P.
Karen P.
Feb. 19, 2013, 6:47 p.m.
I went on an amazing trip through Global Village down to Paraguay. And I'm hoping to go to New Zealand at the end of this year. Participating in Habitat is such an incredible opportunity. I hope you get the chance to do it!
Influenster M.
Feb. 15, 2013, 12:35 p.m.
Yes I have! I actually did it through my church years ago. Great experience!
Jan. 29, 2013, 8:31 p.m.
Yep! My job helps put together a team and send us out to volunteer in the local community...building houses, having fun and helping others!
Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.
Jan. 20, 2013, 1:59 a.m.
I volunteered for the week of my freshman spring break- it was an awesome experience!
Glenda W.
Glenda W.
Jan. 18, 2013, 6:46 p.m.
No:( but I do think it is a valuable organization that helps those who want to help themselves.
Aubrey N.
Aubrey N.
Jan. 8, 2013, 6:07 p.m.
Yes the corporation I work for(Accenture) "encourages" all teams to donate one day per month at the local soup kitchen as well as bring in items for school children backpacks for school starting.
Emily D.
Emily D.
Jan. 3, 2013, 5:47 p.m.
YES! I did in Morgantown, WV through the WVU chapter. It was so rewarding and so enjoyable. I found everyone on site to be so helpful and encouraging. I have never learned so much while giving back, amazing experience!
Janelle G.
Janelle G.
Jan. 3, 2013, 1:25 p.m.
Yes! I enjoyed it very much. Felt very rewarding, and the family was very worthy. Good experience.
Christine R.
Christine R.
Jan. 2, 2013, 10:46 p.m.
Yes! I volunteered with my sorority at UT, and we did local neighborhood surveys. It was a lot of fun actually!
Lesley R.
Lesley R.
Dec. 28, 2012, 2:53 p.m.
Yup! I've done 2 Collegiate Challenges - Dade City, Florida & Birmingham, AL - and two Global Village trips to Thailand and Poland. I also volunteer locally.

Join Now