Haakaa Gen 1 Silicone Pump with Silicon Lid 1 Set

by Haakaa

Features

• Easy to use. No small parts. No assembly required.  Simply suction to your breast and let the pump do the work for you as it draws your milk using suction.
  • Especially soft and comfortable - made from 100% food grade silicone.
  • Perfect for traveling. Cord free. Do not need to be charged or plugged in. Fit perfectly into any handbag or diaper bag.
  • Easy to clean. Can be sterilized with any steam sterilizing system or boiling water.
  • Dishwasher safe
  • BPA, PVC and Phthalate free.
  • The silicone lid fits securely over the top of your Haakaa Breast Pump, protecting it from accidental spills and keeping your precious breast milk safe!
  • Clean after each use. Do not use bleach based detergent.
  • Size: 4 oz (100 ml).
  • Designed in New Zealand, manufactured responsibly in China

How to use your breast pump:

1. Sterilize your pump (caps are available online to purchase – caps keep the pump sterile after cleaning)
  2. Place top of pump over your nipple – make sure your nipple is in the neck of the pump and comfortable.
  3. Apply suction – you may need to adjust a couple of times. Once the pump is secure and comfortable you can squeeze the base of the pump (not interfering with the top/suction) to create some movement.
  4. A warm flannel on top of your breast is also a great tip and gently massage the top of your breast.
  5. Once milk begins to flow simply leave the pump alone to do its thing.
  6. Once the pump becomes full empty into a glass storage bottle and reposition.

Haakaa Gen 1 Silicone Pump with Silicon Lid 1 Set does anyone know if these are any good? Or which breast pump would you recommend?
Start your review of Haakaa Gen 1 Silicone Pump with Silicon Lid 1 Set!
How would you rate this product?
Laval, QC
I wasn't sure what I was going to get since there are so many mixed reviews about this product and ultimately found it to be much better than I had anticipated. Unfortunately it doesn't work well enough for my daily needs
Hamilton
I really liked this product in the beginning when your supply just comes in and hits hard. It help me build up a freezer stash real quick. I don’t know if this is only me and it may very well be, but I found when my milk supply evened out and regulated it was harder to get milk. Definitely was a great product in the beginning but not so much later on.
Toronto
I thought I would use this more but it is somewhat of a hassle to use. Putting it on while feeding is near impossible as my daughter is moving and in the way. I also tried to use it as a manual pump and wasn’t able to do it as the silicone really hurt me. I use it now when I’m too full and need to release some but don’t want to pump so I hand express into the container.
Love love love this pump baby feeds on one side and I add this to the other. I can get 3oz out with my letdown alone. The only downside is my son pulls it off. If you could have a simular one that could be hidden a little easier. I would definitely recommend this product.
LOVE IT! All breast feeding mums should get one, catches milk instead of it leaking everywhere. Sticks on so no need to hold it or mess on with it. I got very little milk until I started using this. HIGHLYA reommemd
Does not collect as much milk as a breast pump does but otherwise very good and easy to use. Basically you have to do nothing at all and collect milk while you breastfeed your baby on your other breast . Easy to clean. Recommended for any breastfeeding mum.
bishops stortford
It's okay for storing milk in but it isn't great as a hand pump, utopia are better off hand expressing with these as the suction once in the breast makes it hard to pump any milk out.
Kitchener , ON
I barely use my electric pump anymore! This is so easy to use, to clean , and to store, I cannot believe I didn't get one sooner! My only regret is not purchasing the largest size, rather than the 4 oz, as I tend to fill it quickly and have to stop before it overflows.
Mississauga, ON
I LOVE my haakaa! I got this to use on the opposite breast from the one baby is nursing on. I was easily able to produce 1.5-3 oz a feeding. Its a passive system so, all you have to do is put it on and take it off when you're done. I've even used it while dangling forward to help dislodge a clog! Cons for this gen would be it's prone to spillage because it has a small surface area on it's base. So, just don't put it on unstable surfaces or high traffic counter areas and you're good. Also, its measuring system isn't accurate, so I use a bottle to measure before bagging and freezing. I always recommend a haakaa to people who breastfeed!
It is a good milk catcher, but deff [email protected] enough to be your main source of pumping. It did exactly what I expected it to do. Was a decent price, I believe I paid 20$
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
San Antonio , TX
a year ago
Kayla P. • 5 months ago
I found, for me, it was only good in the beginning. It’s great for when you’re engorged as well. But for me to actually build up an substantial supply I needed something more.