BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

Shipwrecked and cast adrift, Lemuel Gulliver wakes to find himself in Lilliput, an island inhabited by little people, whose six-inch height makes their quarrels over fashion and fame seem ridiculous. His subsequent encounters - with the crude giants of Brobdingnag, the abstracted scientists of Laputa, the philosophical Houyhnhnms and brutish Yahoos - give Gulliver new, bitter insights into human behaviour. see more...

Buy on Target*
  • "One of my favorite books to read!" in 1 review
Brianna B.
I had to read this in high school, and it was one of the best books that I was required to read! The storyline is really interesting, and the different areas that Gulliver travels to are cool! I don't remember struggling to get through this one like I did on some others.
Jessi L.
A great piece of work..indeed..but Gulliver was so ignorant..it was hard to enjoy... But it is a classic and a well written book...and if swift was intending on creating a strange character...he succeeded.
Courtney B.
If you've ever wanted to know where the word "lilliputian" comes from, read Gulliver's Travels and you'll get your answer. Swift's classic novel is short enough to be easily accessible for casual readers, and the plot is interesting enough to keep you engaged. And for more advanced readers, it's a great novel that can be enjoyed on multiple levels given Swift's underlying critique of the religion and politics of his time.
Brenna Gwyn S.
I really want to say I love this and that I've read it cover to cover because it really is a classic and a wonderful story, but I've always found it a bit difficult to get through the text and keep putting it down. I do recommend toughing it out and sticking wiht it because this is an epic tale!
Rommina Q.
I had to read this during my senior year of high school, I'm pretty glad that i did. Some of this wasn't clear which helped that we reviewed it during class to make sure we understand everything. I think that the movie definitely was an injustice to the book and was disappointed by it. I would say to just read the book and stay away from the movie!
Jenna H.
We recently studied this in my British Literature class. Although the text can be difficult to read at times, I definitely recommend sticking it out. Overall, this is a great text filled with humor and will make you laugh while you are reading it.
Tamara M.
I loved this book as a child. Even now days I like to read it from time to time. It always brings the inner child in me. This is one of my ever greens when it comes to books.
Kianna R.
Portsmouth, VA
We read this book in school and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I hope my children will read it when they grow as well.
Lucia R.
Read this book and I thought it was a fun book. Very interesting and it is a bit different from those fiction books
Tiffany D.
Olive Branch, MS
I love Gulliver's Travels. Jonathan Swift was an amazing writer for his time and dealt with so many cultural issues.
Brenda C.
At what age did you read this book?
Cydney B.
Is the book as good as the movie?
Brenda C.
What is this book about?
Stephanie S.