BY GUITAR CENTER

• What's the best beginner guitar from guitar center ?4 Answers
  • Mine is an epiphone SG. What's yours?3 Answers
  • What's everyones favorite thing there?5 Answers
Melody J.
From my love of makeup to the love of music.. Music is something that cannot be explained a feeling that is beyond amazing it is a new world and it carries your soul to the very center of the core.... I love going to visit this place it's a all time sensation from the piano rooms to guitar to ukulele and sound systems I got all my instruments from here and I recommend it to all #guitarcenter
Alexis N.
Antioch, CA
Techie Expert Level 2
I went to guitar center to purchase my Yamaha FG800. I love the guitar and I was glad they had it in stock. However, guitar center is always busy and I wished there were more employees available to service more people. I also wish they would include a complementary guitar set up. The action on my Yamaha is pretty high and you'd have to shell out $50+ just to get it set up. I'd like to see a better collection of guitar straps as well. Other than that, I love my guitar.
Amanda H.
Techie Expert Level 2
This is my favorite place for music equipment. The staff is always so friendly and helpful as well. They are there to answer any of your questions. They have great sales too! My boyfriend got his guitar for $400 when it was originally $800. Hard to shop anywhere else after being here.
Timothy M.
Apple Valley, CA
I wish they would lower the cost. You have to haggle and fight tooth and nail with the staff to get a decent deal. I always feel buyers remorse after shopping here. However, they have everything! I find myself going in there to try items out but I eventually buy somewhere else for much cheaper. I love the concept of guitar center, but I wish that I loved shopping there.
Dane S.
El Paso, TX
What do you expect from the "Wal-Mart" of guitar shopping experiences? You are limited by the products that they carry and generally they won't special order anything that they do not sell, which a small music business would most likely do. Like many other stores, there are going to be some good ones and some bad ones, I have visited many of them across the entire western part of the U.S. and have had my share of amazing and horrible incidents. The prices are ok, they are a bit much, but for quality, it's usually no problem paying a little bit more.

Despite me not wanting to be limited with my brand supply, and not wanting to be a corporate sell out, I tend to buy a lot of my instruments from there because they are able to carry such a large inventory and they seem familiar to me. I recommend it but can't stress enough supporting smaller business music stores if you can.
Dookies G.
Medford, NJ
I work for a compete against guitar center. There is one within a stones throw of where I work. Now I'll try to give an unbiased opinion since I've only been working at my current job for a few months. I've been in there and still go there on my break sometimes at work. They have a nice selection to choose from and pretty good deals. However with my experience and the experiences of our customers who have gone in there before coming to us are fairly similar. The staff is inattentive and it's almost as if you're bothering them if you need help. I'm not sure if their sales are commission based or not but no one in there seems motivated. If you need guitars they have a great selection, however if you need any other instrument its slim pickins compared to the guitars. I guess that's why it's call guitar center and not music center.
Brittany K.
Wheeling, IL
This company has indefinitely the best cutomer service values I've ever experienced. Every time I go into a store I'm totally taken care of and helped completely. There's always enough staff, and always something willing to give advice, ring me up, or help me find the right product. Not to mention their prices are very reasonable, and even just to go in there are gawk at their selection of music supplies is a treat. I play guitar, piano and sing...so I'm going in their frequently to buy instruments, cords, strings, supplies, etc...recently I've been in the pre-owned guitar section a lot. The prices for these barely worn guitars are so amazing...i have a really tough time not buying a new guitar every time I'm there...
Daniel C.
Techie Expert Level 1
Unfriendly unhelpful . The people who work here have no idea about the product they sell . They don't have any customer support and products are kinda overpriced sometimes
Valentine P.
Blaine, WA
Guitar Centers always seem silly to me. If you can get past the hokey employees and creepy cutouts of Brett Michaels, then I guess its ok. Over the years of dating musicians, friends who play, my brother's music projects, & now my husband who plays drums & guitar- I think I have a better idea of how to navigate this place. You have to really look & know what you're looking for. Not everything is the best price-though if you have a lot of cash to drop it could be one-stop shopping. The major sales (black friday primarily) can be epic. I appreciate their selections & discounts!
Kelcey C.
Circleville, OH
I work for a music venue, and generally use Guitar Center when we upgrade or expand our sound system. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They not only are very informative about their products, they also help you find what will fit your situation the best, even if it's not the more expensive option. They have worked with me on taking some of the price down when I have places a huge order. I would highly recommend Guitar Center to anyone needing sound equipment or musical instruments, especially a beginner, who may not know exactly what they're looking for.
hali C.
What's everyones favorite thing there?
destine b.
dallas, TX
What's the best beginner guitar from guitar center ?
Malene C.
Mine is an epiphone SG. What's yours?