BY LAURELL K. HAMILTON

Guilty Pleasures
  • "The first six books are all about Anita Blake and her ability to raise the dead, Hunter vampires, and her developing relationship with the master of the City." in 12 reviews
Kristin M.
Fort Lauderdale
One of my all time favorite series is Anita Blake. I own everyone of these books. I don't care what some people say about it becoming "smut" they were well written and evolved into an amazing story line. I am so in love with all the characters in her life, she's my hero lol.
Mini M.
I like the first few books in this series. The settings are always interesting, the monsters are imaginative, and the overall crime thriller aspect is fun to explore. I feel like it's gotten very far into the realm of erotica lately though and it's taking away from what I loved about the books.
Tayla T.
Tullahoma, TN
Bookworm Expert Level 1
These books are why I scoff when someone mentions the kinkiness or sexiness of 50 Shades of Grey. THIS is kinky and sexy and well written with a great story line and very interesting characters. The graphic novels are also great! Laurell is such a steamy author! :)
Sam S.
North Pole, AK
What a great start to a series! I started reading these ages ago and have reread them at least twice. I wouldn't suggest the series for kids though. However, the guns, blood, vampires and etc definitely make for a page turner
Leah F.
I thoroughly enjoy the Anita Blake vampire Hunter series. This series has two distinct phases. The first six books are all about Anita Blake and her ability to raise the dead, Hunter vampires, and her developing relationship with the master of the City. I thoroughly enjoy the Eneida Blake vampire Hunter series. This series has two distinct phases. The first six books are all about Anita Blake and her ability to raise the dead, Hunter vampires, and her developing relationship with the master of the City.
All of the books following that point, starting with the book narcissists in chains, are at exploration of those things that were previously there, but added to it is a lot of sexual content. There are some amazingly hot segments of these books and sex becomes a big part of the plot in all of the books.
Megan G.
ROCK FALLS, IL
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Love this book, I was given my first copy by a good friend. I've been hooked on Laurell K. Hamilton books since. Such great books to read and they sweep you up in the story.
Suzanne Y.
Soddy Daisy, TN
The one that started it all. Before there was orgies, mysterious powers that save the day without any help from others, everyone hating on Anita's awesomeness, and endless dialogue about everyone's feelings, there was actual crime solving, zombie raising and enough sexual tension to drive anyone crazy. We meet Edward, our mysterious and hilarious psychopath on a mission. We instantly fall in love with Jean Claude, even though we are a little scared of him. Bring on the levitating, crazy child vampire nightmares!
Brittany A.
Raceland, LA
Laurell is seriously my favorite author. I buy every book this woman comes out with. She's not afraid to have nontraditional charters with huge flaws and somehow makes you fall in love with them. These books are full of murder, blood, relationship insights, nontraditional relationships, personal discoveries, and some amazing ideas in case you are ever in danger. Not only will you learn about her characters but you'll discover things about yourself. Oh and most of her characters are supernatural.
Zavanda W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This is the book that brought me to LKH and made me actually not be afraid of READING about vampires and such. It was a great storyline kept me interested. I have read most of this storyline until it got to be just too much for me. Oh this book I would for sure recommend it is later books I fell out of love with. But the first like eight give or take books in the series are wonderful!
Melissa S.
Springfield, VT
I love the way Laurell K. Hamilton writes! This first book in the Anita Blake series was very captivating! I have read all of this series. I'm in love with all of 22 books so far!!
Vampires, zombies and werewolves, Anita Blake is an animator she raises the dead for grieving relatives. There is also a serial killer on the loose murdering vampires in Anita's hometown of St. Louis
Illy S.
San Diego, CA
Who is your favorite Anita Blake character? I have two, Jean Claude & Asher
Brandi H.
Will the author be coming out with any new series soon?
Katlyn L.
Buffalo, NY
What book in the series so far is you favorite?
Tara L.
Laurens
I love the Anita Blake series! Every one of them adds so much to my personal library! This is one of my favorite books in the series actually. Definitely a wonderful read!