Guerlain Shalimar Eau de Toilette uploaded by Michelle W.

BY GUERLAIN

A veritable essence of femininity

Inspired by the passionate love story between an emperor and an Indian princess, Shalimar, which means "temple of love" in Sanskrit, symbolises the promise of eternal love forevermore. It is a fragrance of desire. With its smouldering and slightly impertinent character, the star oriental fragrance in perfumery embodies skin-caressing sensuality with a hint of the forbidden. "Wearing Shalimar means letting your senses take over," Jacques Guerlain would say.

A flight of flowers and bergamot whips up the top notes with a breeze of freshness. The heart is warmed by enveloping and delicately powdery notes of iris, jasmine and rose. To conclude, the presence of vanilla, rounded balmy notes and the gourmand warmth of tonka bean orchestrate a sensual symphony for the dry-down.

Jacques Guerlain daringly used a completely new gourmand molecule, ethylvanillin, blended with the Jicky accord. Swept away by this deliciously carnal creation, which he worked on night and day, he knew that he was paving the way for a "small revolution": the first pure oriental fragrance.

Ingredients: ALCOHOL • AQUA (WATER) • PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) • LIMONENE • LINALOOL • COUMARIN • ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE • CITRONELLOL • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE • BHT • CITRAL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • BENZYL BENZOATE • EUGENOL • CINNAMAL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • TOCOPHEROL • CI 19140 (YELLOW 5) • CI 14700 (RED 4) • CI 60730 (EXT.VIOLET 2) • BENZYL SALICYLATE • FARNESOL • ISOEUGENOL

Megan S.
Shalimar Eau de Toilette spray is right now my absolute favorite scent! And to be honest I am surprised. The first time I tried Shalimar Eau de Parfum I hated it!! I tend to choose floral scents, and this is very different. Being a classic that so many people love, it felt wrong to dislike it. So I tried it again, and after 20 minutes found that I no longer disliked it, but also wasn't sure if I really liked it. I passed on it. Once again I gave it another try, but this time the Eau de Toilette. I then fell in love with it and I'm completely obsessed with it. I think I prefer the Eau de Toilette because it's a little less heavy than the Eau de Parfum. It smells like divine sensual heaven. I don't know how else to describe it. It's just sexy. If you weren't impressed with the Eau de Parfum, give the Eau de Toilette a try and wait 20 minutes for it to dry down, it's amazing!!
Karen M.
Augusta, GA
I love this parfum. You don't need to spray on a lot of this parfum. Just a light squirt to wrist and rub together and a light spray behind the ears. Very strong at first but it does fade. You won't have to spray it on again because it lasts all day. I received my first bottle as a gift in 1998 and have been buying it since. I highly recommend this parfum!
Sharon B.
W Bloomfield, MI
This fragrance is definitely a trademark fragrance. It smells different on everyone. On some people it smells like baby powder and on others it smells bitter. When it smells good, you only have to use a little. It last on you skin forever. I like it for certain occasions. Not for everyday.
Andrea R.
Doral, FL
More reviews by Redsilas77

I've tried Shalimar many times before and always hated it. I don't know if it has to do with my age, but now I absolutely adore it.

I was reintroduced to Shalimar after receiving it as part of a Guerlain sample pack. There was something about the smell of Shalimar that had me going back to sniff my arm over and over. I knew it was a good match for me when I received compliments at work, or questions of 'what are you wearing? Is that a new shampoo? I gotta know what that is' from co-workers, both men and women.

Plenty has been said here on Shalimar, both good and bad and I'm not sure what I can truly add to the reviews here.

My advice with wearing this would be not to over do it. It has a long life when wearing and although it might be a bit faint as the day goes on, it improves with the day.
I love this perfume actually the spring because of the strongest I used to work in the Morgan normally sometimes I'm not saying the mark smells but symptomatic leave sometimes when it comes to the the cleanse that the descent sometimes it gets overwhelming but by me spring that on me a kind of like block the owners away everybody always likes to be around me and I think that I adore cuz a strong sense actually covers the whole room to the difference smell I guess I guess that's the reason why I used to like it a lot being an intern
Brandy G.
Columbus, OH
Shalimar has been in my nostrils since birth. 😂 My mother ADORES this stuff. It smell wonderful. I'll admit that I've never worn it myself. It just doesn't smell the same on me as it does my mom. It's more of a mature, old-school fragrance like White Diamonds or Amargie.
Lisa S.
Brunswick , GA
This product smells amazing! It is a beautiful bottle, packaged perfect:) I recommend buying this fragrance the price is right and the scent last all day! I will purchase this over and over. This is a must have in your perfume cabinet💖💖💖
Michelle W.
Wallace
Shalimar is best when you have the need to feel sexy but are sure of yourself and are at the top of your game. Classic strong and sensual. Just a bit will last all day.I get many compliments when I wear Shalimar.
Cirrias W.
Palm Coast, FL
I have been using Shalimar for years, it is the most elegant fragrance and even if you don't smell it anymore; everyone around you does. I get compliments on it every day, and that makes it worth it !!!
Cirrias W.
Palm Coast, FL
This has been my fragrance for years and even if I buy others, I always come back to this one. Rich and sensual, staying with you all day, especially if you wear it together with the body lotion.
Tamara V.
Jalisco, México
Does this worth the money?
Official N.
Philadelphia, PA
What Does This Smell Like ???
Cassie R.
Sussex, NJ
Could someone who uses this often tell me how strong the scent is? Is it a more subtle scent with a few sprays or is the smell overwhelming?
Brittany R.
Middlebrg Hts, OH
Can anyone tell me what this smells like?
Felicia M.
Omg I have always wanted to try this simple because it's one of those iconic scents people talk about but truthfully, does it smell like old lady?