BY GUERLAIN

Inspired by the passionate love story between an emperor and an Indian princess, Shalimar, which means "temple of love" in Sanskrit, symbolises the promise of eternal love forevermore. It is a fragrance of desire. With its smouldering and slightly impertinent character, the star oriental fragrance in perfumery embodies skin-caressing sensuality with a hint of the forbidden. "Wearing Shalimar means letting your senses take over," Jacques Guerlain would say.

In 1925, the Shalimar bottle designed by Raymond Guerlain won first prize at the Paris Decorative Arts Exhibition. Its curves were inspired by the basins of the famous Shalimar gardens. The fan stopper with its sapphire transparency recalls the garden's eternally gushing water.

Oriental.
Voluptuous, sensual, spellbinding.

A flight of flowers and bergamot whips up the top notes with a breeze of freshness. The heart is warmed by enveloping and delicately powdery notes of iris, jasmine and rose. To conclude, the presence of vanilla, rounded balmy notes and the gourmand warmth of tonka bean orchestrate a sensual symphony for the dry-down.

Ingredients: ALCOHOL • AQUA (WATER) • PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) • LIMONENE • LINALOOL • COUMARIN • ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE • CITRONELLOL • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • GERANIOL • BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE • CITRAL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • BHT • BENZYL BENZOATE • EUGENOL • CINNAMAL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • TOCOPHEROL • CI 19140 (YELLOW 5) • CI 14700 (RED 4) • CI 60730 (EXT.VIOLET 2) • FARNESOL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • ISOEUGENOL​

Christopher C.
Windermere, FL
I've recently gotten rid of all of my other perfumes and am focusing on only collecting Guerlain. Shalimar was one that I was sure I was NOT going to love. It just seemed so old lady-ish based on reviews Ive read. However, I decided to give it a try and now I LOVE it.

On first spray and wet there is something so strong that I dont like: maybe the leathery notes. I dont get the citrus at all in this.

But within an hour and on the dry down this becomes this soft, powdery scent. It's like a warming resin incense. It makes me think of temples I visited in Asia.

The dry down keeps changing, first its warm vanilla, than its this firey fesin and ends in a bouquet of flowers.

I defnitely get the amber, vanilla and tonka bean in this.
Regina P.
Birmingham, AL
Guerlain Shalimar Parfum is a pricey treat. It has the subtle smell of a field of your favorite flowers. It is a gentle scent, but can be layered to smell intense. A true classic perfume that I really love.
Bethany C.
This is my absolute favorite perfume, I’ve been wearing this since high school and I will definitely continue to buy it, it’s the prettiest smelling perfume around
Julie-Anne D.
Homewood, AL
I grew up hearing that this was my grandmother’s favorite perfume. My mom would let me wear it for special occasions, and over the years, it has truly become a favorite. I know, I know. Most times when you think of grandma scents, you think of gardenia, bengay, and butterscotch. But, seriously. This is such a timeless and classic fragrance. When I learn that perfumes were popular in the 20s, I automatically think that that must be what the beautiful flapper girls must’ve smelled like. It’s one of those fragrances that just make you FEEL pretty.
Karen M.
Augusta, GA
I received my first bottle as a gift in 1998! I don't think there's an age group for this perfume! I think it's a parfum who women who have a taste for class, elegance, sophistication and even sexiness. A woman who appreciates the finer things in life can relate to this scent. It's not feminine, flirty or floral. It's a heavier sophisticated, bold oriental kind of scent. Spray a light squirt on your wrist rub together and behind each ear lightly when you're getting ready for your next date night. This scent will not disappoint. It's a sexy scent that will grab attention! I highly recommend Shalimar!
Heather S.
Odon, IN
The exquisite bottle and timeless fragrance rendering notes of bergamot, jasmine, and rose make Guerlain Shalimar one of my favorite classic perfumes of all time. The fragrance unfolds in an unobtrusive manner over the course of the day.
Sarah T.
Belmont, MA
As a young child I'd see my mom and dad getting ready for a night out at their favorite restaurant. My mom would wear her fur coat handed down from her mom and put on a dab of Shalimar on her pulse points, a swipe of her lipstick and she was ready. Shalimar has always been the go-to for beautiful and special occasions and it's a tradition handed down to its third generation. It's such a beautiful warm scent that has a lovely lingering sillage that just brings you back to that last time it was worn. I've owned other Guerlain parfums but I have to say Shalimar will always be my favorite and there is always something decadent about how it lingers on your skin with that warm touch of vanilla that's not sugary sweet but slightly so you recognize its important vanilla base.
Grace H.
West Deptford, NJ
Shalimar is one of my favorite fragrances. Shalimar has been around since 1925 and the older the version, the better the perfume. Shalimar in parfum (extrait) form is extremely long lasting. The bright citrus top notes add lift to the opulent florals and exotic base notes. Shalimar has been reformulated in recent years, but the most recent formulation is quite true to the vintage versions due to Guerlain perfumer Thierry Wasser's influence and tenacity to selecting only the best ingredients. Shalimar is pure class in a bottle.
Jada E.
Grayson, GA
LOVE Shalimar. It's the FIRST perfume I remember wearing....my grandparents gave me a bottle back when I was a teenager. I certainly didn't appreciate it then (I was too young for it), but this past Christmas I received a new bottle and absolutely love it. I believe I have the EdT, but it has great sillage and lasts on my skin all day. Classic, beautiful, and good anytime of the year on my skin. I will always have Shalimar in my perfume collection!
Katie M.
Andover, MN
I love this edp, the edp has so much more depth and naughtiness than the edt. This has a sharp leather note after the bergamot. I didn't like this at first but now I love it. I love that it smells so sexy in the beginning but 8 hours later you find yourself enveloped in the most gorgeous cloud of vanilla. Yum.
Nathi E.
Shalimar is one of my favorite perfurmes, but is kind a pricey on the stores that I saw available does anyone know where can I find it for a pricey up to $110?
Isalys C.
Does anyone know if the formula for this perfume changed? I bought it for my mom and she said it smells different to her.
Laure G.
La mesa, CA
How long does the scent last?
Jillian D.
Chesterfield, MI
What does this smell like? Long lasting?