Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette uploaded by Nataliia B.Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette uploaded by Backstory B.Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette uploaded by Backstory B.

BY GUERLAIN

Jacques Guerlain named his creation “Mitsouko” after the name of the heroine in the bestselling novel of that time called La Bataille. Mitsouko, a beautiful married Japanese woman, secretly loves a British officer. In 1905, the Russo-Japanese war breaks out. Mitsouko awaits with dignity the outcome of the battle, nobly dominating her feelings.
Jacques Guerlain had the incredible and daring idea of combining a chypre with a very fruity peach note, giving this fragrance all of its modernity.

Designed by Georges Chevalier, its bottle is underscored with graceful scrolls typical of Art Nouveau. Its avant-garde stopper, in the form of a hollowed heart, represented a real technical feat at the time.

Fragrance:

Fruity Chypre.
Mysterious, balanced, velvety.
A masterpiece of balance and originality, Mitsouko marries a fruity note of peach with jasmine flowers and May rose. The mysterious dry-down of the fragrance blends spicy notes with those of underbrush and vetiver.

ALCOHOL • AQUA (WATER) • PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) • LIMONENE • LINALOOL • EUGENOL • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • EVERNIA FURFURACEA (TREEMOSS) EXTRACT • CITRAL • BENZYL BENZOATE • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • BHT • CITRONELLOL • GERANIOL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • ISOEUGENOL • TOCOPHEROL

• I know this is supposed to be unisex but does anyone else...1 Answers
Backstory B.
If you've ever gone walking in a wooded area, or if you've stood on a lawn or in a garden shortly after it has rained, the scent the earth sends up and out is the way Mitsouko opens when you place your nose to the nozzle before you spray it. Once it is sprayed, there is a tumult of scents, grass, citrus, earth. Yet there is an undercurrent of something soft and gently floral, but by no means overwhelmingly so. There's also vanilla and bergamot. A fragrance progresses on the skin and throughout the period of wear, it evolves and interacts and performs a kind of alchemy as it envelops the wearer's skin.

On me, Mitsouko holds up and remains with me the morning after. As it unfolds throughout the course of wear, I smell so many different things and the scent also evokes certain imagery. The imagery includes odd things like proper crystal glassware, velvet, old fashioned lace-up leather boots, bordeaux, wood panelling, red lipstick, colder temperatures, cashmere and silk, a quiet conversation with a dear friend over drinks.
Misty S.
Gastonia, NC
Gorgeous scent, but it has been reformulated in recent years, and has therefore lost some of its beautiful chypre base. I especially love the tale of this scent, along with her sister, L'Heure Bleue. Please research it if you've never heard it. Guerlain always wrote a narrative to go along with his scents, and he was a brilliant perfumer.
Erica W.
York, PA
I love how hydrated my skin.feels after applying this! I put it on in the evening after I have showered and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels so refreshed! I have never had a lotion do that as I get very dry skin! This is an amazing product that I can and will recommend to anyone!
Nataliia B.
Mitsouko Eau de Parfum - fruity-spicy aroma, someone hears peaches, but not me))) For me it is powder, creamy, fruity, as in an expensive vascular remedy. Pleasant, but absolutely not my scent.
Karen O.
I love this product, honestly it was my first time using it and I absolutely love it. It's much better than alternative products, and the packaging is awesome. I definitely see myself buy this product often.
Ashley O.
Hinesville, GA
This body lotion smells like a manly man because it is a scent my husband likes!!!!! The body lotion is thick rich and creamy!!! I give it a great review!!!!!
Caroline H.
Katy, TX
Love this unisex scent. I first purchased it around 1999 & still to this day, I love the smell. It would be great to give as a gift!
Rachel G.
Great Neck, NY
Love the smell of this product the lotion works great on my skin I apply it at night and wake up feeling refreshed
member-d1822a567
Austin, TX
Love Calvin Klein lotion. It is a classic and smells very good. No oily residue after.
gloria a.
Pasadena, TX
I love the small
I buy it for my husband and son and my cousin and my dad's
Ashley O.
Hinesville, GA
I know this is supposed to be unisex but does anyone else think it smells manly?

Amazon