GU Energy Gel uploaded by Dorothy M.GU Energy Gel uploaded by Meridith D.

BY GU

Dietary Supplement. Superior Energy ~ Maximum Recovery. Gluten Free. Dairy Free GU Energy Gel is an advanced nutritional product designed to help athletes perform at their best.  GU maintains higher glucose levels longer with it s proven carbohydrate formula .  GU also maximizes muscle recovery with amino acids, fights free radicals with antioxidants, reduces inflammation with chamomile, and soothes the stomach with ginger. In 1991 our passionate little Berkley-based sports nutrition company forever changed the way athletes re-fueled during exercise by Introducing GU Energy Gel.  GU finally made eating on the run possible and enjoyable!  We take pride in our history but. see more...

• I'm training for a half marathon and found out the Gu pac...1 Answers
  • I'm training for a half marathon, and I've used GU once. ...6 Answers
  • Which flavor is your favorite?19 Answers
GU Energy Gel
  • "I do feel a great difference when I don't use them on a long run and I don't feel nearly as well after compared to when I do use them!" in 16 reviews
  • "I used to run half marathons and these little gels were perfect to throw in my little waist pouch when running, They are packed with carbohydrates to give you energy when you are running low on fuel." in 6 reviews
  • "This is actually not my favorite flavor of Gu, but the product itself is wonderful." in 6 reviews
  • "As a long distance runner, I really don't even know what I'd do without my GU!" in 3 reviews
Christopher C.
Windermere, FL
Review for: Vanilla Bean more...
I tried these while training for some half marathons and they really upset my stomach. They made me really nauseous and I just couldn't handle them.

I do like the convenance of having the gel to use while running but they just didn't work well with my stomach.
Tabitha M.
Review for: Chocolate Outrage more...
Whenever I was going on a long run this was my energy of choice after my morning banana. This did not have any kind of weird taste to me. It gave me enough energy to complete my double digit training runs.
McKenzie S.
Scottsdale
THE ONLY ENERGY GEL I USE! I love how quickly the energy kicks in with these bad boys. I use them for running but I also have found they are a great pre-workout for hiit type of classes. They are cheap, taste delicious, and fit easily in a pocket or purse!
Joyce W.
GU Energy gels are great! I usually take one 15 minutes before a short race and I feel an extra energy boost. When I do a long run or marathon, I use about 1 an hour to keep my energy levels up. The Chocolate Outrage flavor is delicious. It tastes like chocolate pudding and in the winter when they're cold, it tastes like fudge!
Harmony R.
Review for: Peanut Butter more...
They work to give you energy during marathon training, but the texture is so gross and they aren't the most convenient. Sure, you can carry them easily but they ended up resulting in a sticky mess in use.
We Love S.
White Plains, NY
I started researching gels while training for a NYC Marathon. GU stood out as the preferred brand for runners, so I bought this as a sampler and hoped a few flavors would be digestible. Fortunately, all of flavors were decent, the gels have gone down easy and work well.
But this product has addition of caffeine--if you are strictly avoiding caffeine while training, do not buy this 'mixed flavor pack'. Some of the flavors include caffeine, and several contain 2x the amount. The flavors are: Vanilla Bean x3 (caffeine), Mint Chocolate x2 (no caffeine), Strawberry Banana x2 (no caffeine), Lemon Sublime x2 (no caffeine), Mandarin Orange x2 (caffeine), Jet Blackberry x2 (2x caffeine), Espresso Love x2 (2x caffeine), Tri-Berry x2 (caffeine), Chocolate Outrage x2 (caffeine), and five new Roctane formulations (one each) that GU is marketing as premium: Chocolate Raspberry (2x caffeine), Vanilla Orange (2x caffeine), Cherry Lime (caffeine), Pineapple (no caffeine), Blueberry Pomegranate (caffeine).
Jen R.
Love GU for running and the extra boost of energy. I haven't come across a flavor that I don't like. Packaging is great and fits well in my running belt so I can easily grab it during a run. Would definitely recommend.
Kailie H.
Littleton, NH
I use these hiking. Personally, I am not a huge fan of the texture. The taste is okay. They work well and are great for packing because they are so small and lightweight.
Chelsea L.
Columbus, IN
I prefer the "rich" flavors not the fruity ones. I am a fan of the chocolate, espresso, peanut butter, and vanilla. When taken according to the package, these keep you fueled up for intense exercise. I've taken them for Crossfitting and running. The package is easy to open in the middle of activity and can be scrunched up small and put into the bands of my shorts, socks, etc. if I do not have pockets or a trash can near by. The only downfall I've found is that they are pretty sticky/gooey so I like to have a drink handy after eating. Highly recommend!
Brittany J.
Fort Eustis, VA
I only give GU a B on the energy gels simply because of the thick consistency. In fact to be honest while I work in a running store I tell people the consistency reminds me of snot. The flavors are good and that is simply the only reason I continue to use them and will recommend them to others out of the other brands available. My favorite flavor hands down is Salted Watermelon, I recommend that flavor 100%. I do feel a great difference when I don't use them on a long run and I don't feel nearly as well after compared to when I do use them!
Monika G.
Middle Vlg, NY
Which flavor is your favorite?
Stacy R.
Scottdale, GA
I'm training for a half marathon, and I've used GU once. It worked really well for me, but I couldn't hardly get it down because of the texture. It's so... Sticky. How do you guys get past the texture?
Marion A.
Quakertown, PA
How healthy is this gel really for you? does it have any side effects when you take it?
Naiyanna B.
Elkins Park, PA
What does this do? Is it good for the body?
Brittany G.
Arlington, VA
I love GU energy gels for fueling long runs! The seasonal salted caramel is probably my favorite, but I like the "plain" flavor too.

Walmart