Greyhound Bus uploaded by Amber M.Greyhound Bus uploaded by Michelle D.

BY GREYHOUND #3 in Bus Lines

Greyhound Bus
  • "I have used brown multiple times in my life many destinations they do very well and I have enjoyed it and good customer service" in 9 reviews
  • "On more than one occasion their "amenties" didn't work, which can be highly inconvenient on a 5 hour bus trip, and they will try to take advantage of you if you attempt to purchase round trip tickets." in 6 reviews
  • "Greyhound is not always my preferred method of travel, simply because of the time of driving vs flying, but every time I do take a Greyhound it's been clean, comfortable, and a smooth ride. " in 5 reviews
  • "I have used Greyhound many times when I was younger and the trips always went smoothly..they tend to take a lot longer because of the stops but I'm glad the service is there when I may need it!" in 5 reviews
Patricia B.
El Cajon, CA
I took a Greyhound back in 2002 from Memphis TN to San Diego CA because the tickets were affordable and they were easy to get but there was no comfort at all!! I am a bigger girl and I specifically paid for 2 seats so that I could be comfortable because I knew I had a long ride ahead of me. Well the driver saw my ticket and saw that it said I paid for 2 seat and he still made me scoot over so that another person could get in. I was so uncomfortable and I knew the man that sat next to me was as well. I think he would've preferred to wait longer and take the next bus. It's was a loooonnggg ride and it didn't help that the driver smoked so whenever he felt he needed a smoke break he would stop and smoke himself a cig. Which obviously dragged the trip on longer than it should've been. Unfortunately because I could afford a flight I had to take a Greyhound back to TN. It only made it a little better that I met a young lady and had had someone to chat and joke with all the way back to TN.
Mary A.
Several years ago, a family member and I took a trip to South Carolina from Miami for an event I regret investing my money in for personal reasons, and the experience we had on the Greyhound started and ended our trip on a sour note, not to mention the bad things that happened in between, but that's besides the point of this review. BEFORE I rant, I DO acknowledge the fact that this is one of the cheaper options when it comes to buses, etc., but since it was my first time using Greyhound I wasn't sure what to expect, since at that time I was more accustomed to using LA CUBANA and Amtrak, which are my preferred methods of travel when the distance is less than 12 hours. However, Greyhound staff members are incredibly unfriendly, the Central Call Line is basically non-existent and IF they DO answer their phone(s) they are not helpful and sound like they're annoyed by you & your reasonable questions, & the seats are UNCOMFORTABLE. Some passengers were annoying & mediocre too but -_-
Eden B.
Saratoga Spgs, UT
I have taken a greyhound from NYC to Boston. It was uneventful as far as the service. Not good not bad. Buying a ticket was fine.Once I got on the bus however, I was in for a long drive. The man seated next to me was too large for his seat. He kept passing gas and to make matters worse, he came back after leaving his seat and told me the bathroom toilet wasn't working. Seriously?!? I just found the whole experience lacking in comfort or personal space. For the cost, it would have been better for me to have just taken the bus out of China Town. At least it was cheaper and I wouldn't had the extra expensive for the same kind of ride.
Najette A.
Baltimore, MD
I've been using greyhound bus services since I was an infant traveling between New York and Boston, and now going to school in Baltimore I use it to travel home often as well. They are almost always running late, the bathrooms aren't well kept, and most of the busses claim to have free wifi but it doesn't work. Honestly, it is a fairly non-stressful way to travel (if you're not in a hurry) and nice to just kick back and take the ride. They now made it so that you can exchange tickets which is great! And over the years their customer service has gotten MUCH better!
Thacia S.
College Place, WA
Globetrotter Expert
Greyhound bus is a company that has a good idea in mind, but it doesn't always hit the spot every time. I went to the Denver Greyhound station, and it was a smelly mess. The station was not clean and there was no security there.
The bus was quite clean although they had to turn around because of weather.
They refunded my tickets in a timely matter and handled the situation well.
I think that the stations are an absolute mess, but the bus is not that bad. The driver that we had seemed competent. I don't know how they all are, but they seem fairly hit and miss.
Melissa H.
Las Vegas, NV
Globetrotter Expert
I took exactly one bus ride and I'll never take another one if I can help it. I was traveling and without a car and they offer bus service between Atlantic City (where I'd taken the train) and New York City and so we gave it the old college try. Big mistake. For starters, the bus station was THE SCARIEST PLACE EVER. All sorts of unsavory looking characters lurking around, I'd never felt so unsafe in my life. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting. And ohhhh the service, was horrible. The attendants were not very friendly at all.
Mary P.
Niskayuna, NY
Globetrotter Expert
It gets 3 stars for the very few times I haven't had a driver that wasn't COMPLETELY miserable, in spite of my not doing anything to them besides existing. Customer service is terrible to get ahold of and their website isn't very user friendly. The buses themselves promise wifi which works very rarely and the driver is either unable or unwilling to remedy after it is brought to their attention. Unfortunately, it is one of my only options in upstate NY so I have to make due.
Kate G.
Olivet, MI
Never again. Bus was five hours late out of Pittsburgh PA headed to Lansing MI. By the time we made it to our connection in Cleveland our bus had already left and we were stuck there for hours. Ended up having someone pick me up in Toldeo because if I would have tried to make my connection in Detroit I would have been stuck there overnight. No thanks.

Also, our driver tailgated like crazy. A few times it looked like we were going to rear-end the vehicle in front of us.
Erika T.
Lewis Center, OH
I took a Greyhound from Columbus, OH to NYC and back. While the cost was great ($160) round trip, I will probably never do it again. I traveled alone and there were just one too many 'off' people on the bus. I didn't feel comfortable traveling alone. On the way there the bus driver was awful, she got in a fight with several patrons, but on the way back there was a nice man driving. I would honestly just spend the extra money to fly than deal with Greyhound.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Greyhound is not my favorite way to travel, but if I'm short on cash or looking to save money, I won't turn up my nose at it. The ride itself is relatively comfortable (save for being really close to people you don't know for extended periods of time) and there are outlets for your electronics, which is awesome. I always get to my destination in a timely manner. Not the worst way to travel, but definitely not my first choice.
Tanya O.
Globetrotter Expert
What are the pros and cons of Greyhound?
Cindy B.
Tulare , CA
Globetrotter Expert
Do these busses have wifi in them?
Demetre C.
Kettering, OH
Do you think their prices are fair?
Krishna M.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert
Is it cheaper than amtrak?
Rebecca B.
Lake Butler, FL
Globetrotter Expert
Does anyone take the bus anymore and if so are they reasonable priced now?