BY NONE

Don't ever get it wet. Keep it away from bright light. And no matter how much it cries, no matter how much it begs - never, ever feed it after midnight. With these instructions, young Billy Peltzer takes possession of his cuddly new pet. Billy will get a whole lot more than he bargained for. "Gremlins" is a wildly original roller-coaster ride of a hilarious mischief. One minute your hair will stand on end, the next you'll hold your sides with laughter at the havoc these supposedly gentle furballs create when the rules are broken. One of the most fondly remembered box-office hits of recent times, with sly special effects that dazzle and enchant, "Gremlins" is "what superior popular moviemaking is all about" (Richard Corliss, Time). Deleted Scenes, Featurette, Audio Commentary, Photo Gallery, Trailers. Over 10 minutes of additional scenes Making-of featurette 2 commentaries: Director Joe Dante, Phoebe Cates, Zach Galligan, Dick Miller and Howie Mandel Director Joe Dante, producer Michael Finnell and special effects artist Chris Walas Photo/storyboard gallery Theatrical trailer.

Marcie M.
Davison , MI
1,192 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie is a classic as well. It has humor, a little bit of scary, and some drama as well. I thought the actors in the movie did a great job and the effects were good for the time era it was made. We have watch this several times and our child even likes it. I would highly recommend this movie
Brittany H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
"Bright light, bright light!" Lol. How can you not love Gizmo? He's so cute! Love him! Love when he drives the car and hums! So cute and funny! I used to always watch this movie all the time when I was little and had my parents buy me the Gizmo furby.
Julianne W.
Vernon
THIS MOVIE WAS MY CHILDHOOD. the first time I saw it was on VHS when I was a kid, and ever since then it’s always been a movie I’ve craved to see again. So I got it on DVD and it was even better than when I saw it as a kid
Cariny C.
Doral, Florida
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
It follows a somewhat conventional monster movie plot. An ordinary guy witnesses his unusual but cute cuddly pet spawn a horde of evil Gremlins. He tries to warn the authorities, but they don't believe him until the creatures show up and go on a rampage throughout the town. Like in many monster movies, a plan is devised to destroy them, which works, but then there's still one left which needs to be defeated.
Every monster movie convention in the book is used, including all the famous shocks such as something jumping out in the foreground and something jumping out in the background, but what makes this film original is the Gremlins' silly personalities. They don't eat people or kill them in order to survive in any way. They just want to have fun and cause chaos! Their personalities are almost human and seem to represent a side of us that has no morals and just wants to let loose in a world without regulations. At times, you are cheering for the monsters, which makes this movie so unique.
Lisa Q.
Marksville, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This hit from the 1984 has lost none of its ability to frighten and entertain. Both a dark comedy and a cultural commentary, GREMLINS adds up to much more than a monster flick. Although they grow meaner, the Gremlins possess a sick sense of humor that establishes the twisted comic tone. Visually, the movie is also filled with fun touches, like a "Have a Safe and Happy Holiday" sign shown while a science teacher is rather indelicately butchered.

The special effects are also convincing if not original: Gizmo looks a bit like an Ewok from Star Wars, and the Gremlin pods seem lifted directly from Alien. Gremlins even attempts a message by exploring the evils of mid-'80s corporate culture: human acquisitiveness and the drive to conquer and control nature. In the end, the old Chinese man who sold Billy's dad the Mogwai returns to sum it up: "You do with Mogwai what your society has done with all of nature's gifts. You are not ready."
Tessa C.
Martha, KY
1,162 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a crazy good movie. Old but good. I haven’t seen it since I was little. Fresh teenage years lol but I do know I liked it. I actually wanna see it again now. Lol
Christine S.
Pikesville, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a childhood favorite of mine! I love Gremlins! I love the concept of having cute little furry mogwai turning into monsters when the rules aren't followed. I love the comedy.. The cast was great! I didn't even know Howie Mandel was the voice of Gizmo till recently and it is so awesome! Highly Recommend!
Nicole M.
wausau, WI
This is one of my favorite movies. As a child, it was somewhat scary but adorable. As an adult, it's funny and quirky and has tons of nostalgia value. Gizmo is a friendly Mogwai who just wants to live in peace, but his breed comes with too many rules for a human teenager not to make mistakes. This probably isn't the best movie for a young child, but teens and adults will love it!
April W.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I really like this movie.I did not want to see the 2nd one because I was afraid that it wouldn't be very good.The gremlins are really cute until..So I wouldn't recommend it to younger kids unless they are into this type of movie.But it is a definite watch for anyone else.
Brittani S.
Shreveport, LA
This is one of those movies that never gets old. We still watch this movie from time to time. It is funny and scary (to the kids) at the same time. I love to pull this movie out for Halloween and dress my dog up as a gremlin (he already looks like one) the kids get a kick out of it.
Lindsey W.
Branson, MO
Did Gremlins scare you when you were younger?
kelly z.
Plano, IL
Do they sell this on DVD ?
Tamara R.
Where can I find this on DVD?
Lanie P.
Moncks Corner, SC
I haven't seen the 2nd one, is it any good?
Stephanie L.