Great Value: Whole Wheat Penne, 13.25 oz uploaded by Monica S.

BY GREAT VALUE

Karen H.
Mora
Foodie Expert
Great flavor! Not like other whole wheat pasta brands I've tried. Plus it is cheaper. Even my picky daughter likes this pasta. I like that it is a healthy alternative for my family. I buy 2 or 3 boxes each month.
Nameeta M.
Baltimore, MD
I always store this while at college. It's very healthy, its inexpensive, and it's easy to make a yummy meal with this!
Ashley S.
While this is a cheap alternative to wheat pasta, this version tastes dry with no flavor. It's almost like eating cardboard. Spend the extra few dollars and get a name brand.
Brittany C.
Tallahassee, FL
Has a really off putting dry slightly gritty taste and texture. I picked it up for a healthy alternative but next time I will either get a name brand or just the plain Penne.
Daniella G.
Geyserville, CA
Foodie Expert
I buy this all of the time, because it is the more price conscious healthy option when it comes to pasta. It took me a few tries to get cooking this correct. ( as an Italian, it embarrasses me to admit that I messed up boiling water and putting the pasta in said water.) Once I started cooking it for a shorter amount of time than I would cook normal pasta, the texture came out right. (Slight over cooking leads to this getting mushy and falling apart).
This is all that I buy now. Yay whole wheat!!!
Emilie  H.
Beale AFB , CA
I love this with just a little olive oil and Italian seasoning. I use this to make tons of fast easy lunch meals for work.
Monica S.
Foodie Expert
Only three stars simply because this is not as good as the original. Don't get me wrong, for a healthier option it was fine, but I would definitely only use it for dishes that include plenty of flavor. The noodles took a little longer to cook than the box recommended, but the texture was fine after that. They were nothing near horrible. Simply...good! I would repurchase.