Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin, Kosher - 2 pk. uploaded by Stef R.

BY GREAT LAKES #86 in Gelatin & Pudding

Gelatin-Kosher Unflavored Beef-Type B by Great Lakes 1 lbs Powder Gelatin-Kosher Unflavored Beef-Type B 1 lbs Powder Product Gelatin is obtained from selected pieces of calf and cattle skins de-mineralized cattle bones (ossein) and porkskin. Contrary to popular belief hoofs horns hair feathers or any keratin material is not a source of gelatin. There are two types of gelatin - Type A derived from acid processed materials primarily porkskin and Type B derived from alkaline or lime processed materials primarily cattle or calf hides and ossein. Type A Gelatin is produced from fresh or frozen porkskin by washing with water and soaking in dilute acid. Acidified skins are washed free of acid and soluble proteins. Treated porkskins are placed in extraction kettles and hydrolyzed with successive portions of hot water. The dilute solution is filtered and evaporated. Concentrated solutions are chilled to a gel which is then carefully dried with filtered and conditioned air in drying tunnels or see more...

Buy on Walmart
Jackie A.
This gelatin is really great. I opted for the beef version, rather than the porcine. This product is perfect for homemade "jello." Additionally, it lasts a really long time, and it's nice to have on hand. I like that the beef is grass fed!
Melissa G.
Grand Island, NY
I've been using this to heal the damage to my gut from celiac. So far so good. I can definitely tolerate a lot more food than I used to. It taste is horrible, but not so bad when mixed with juice and taken right away. It's helped clear and strengthen my skin as well, so double bonus. Inexpensive and lasts many uses. Highly recommend for gut issues or skin issues.
Jaclyn M.
Rosendale, NY
This is definitely the best grass-fed gelatin option, especially if you are on a budget! I love this for adding extra nutrients and protein to my turkey soup after Thanksgiving! It's definitely one of my essentials! I am a continual purchaser of this product and will continue to be. I would recommend this product to anyone!
Sarah C.
I use this to make homemade gummies, ice cream and Popsicles. It works so good! The gummies I made were impressively real-like, without all the crap! The ice cream was scoopable, and the Popsicles... my son loved them! It's so diverse. Get it, you'll love the endless possibilities
Arielle D.
Katy, TX
This is a great brand of gelatin. I purchased this brand on Amazon. I love making healthier Jell-O with fruit juice and it also makes great puddings and other desserts.
kass m.
This brand gelatin is top of the line. You're paying a bit more but for great quality. I make jello, fruit snacks and bcaa supplement jello with it!
Haag J.
It looks pretty good.. it tastes funky and smells gross kinda.. I am not to impressed because it was honestly to expensive for how it delivers. There are way better brands out there, I'd suggest you find them before purchasing this product
Ashley C.
JUDSONIA, AR
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
This is the only gelatin brand I use. It's very good for you and can be used in numerous recipes.
Catherine L.
I bought this product after I had bought a pork made gelatin from my health food store and realized the quality wasn't as high as I would have preferred it to be. I am very impressed with the Great Lakes products and their high quality and great reviews! I used to this when I had the flu to make some pineapple mango enzyme rich Jello and it really helped me get better faster. I have used this in meatballs instead of eggs and in soups with ease. I even bought the Great Lakes collagen powder!
Yesenia R.
Watsonville , CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
What do you use this for?
Kimberly T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
What is this gelatin? Edible or skin
Carly S.
Portage, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
How is the Great Lakes unflavored gelatin kosher?