BY RANDAL KLEISER #8 in Movies

John Travolta solidified his position as the most versatile and magnetic screen presence of the decade in this film version of the smash hit play Grease. Recording star Olivia Newton–John made her American film debut as Sandy, Travolta's naive love interest. The impressive supporting cast reads like a "who's who" in this quintessential musical about the fabulous '50s. Grease is not just a nostalgic look at a simpler decade – it's an energetic and exciting musical homage to the age of rock 'n' roll.

Grease
  • "This was my all time favorite movie to watch when I was younger, granted now that I watch it as an adult maybe it wasn't meant for kids" in 13 reviews
  • "It never gets old and it continues to be a go to movie for a rainy day with the romance, drama and comedy it's awesome. " in 13 reviews
  • "This is my all time favorite movie and I introduced it to my son early on and let me tell you he loves it and to this day at 13 yes old he still loves it!!!" in 10 reviews
  • "LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie.... i could watch it 1,000 times and still be entertained.... love to watch with my mother" in 9 reviews
  • "An old time movie that never gets old I love the movie it's so funny and I love dance along or sing along movies totally recommend it if you have not seen it" in 8 reviews
Kimberly M.
North Edwards, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I saw this for the first time with my best friend and their family at a drive in movie place. We were hooked on it from beginning to end. John Travolta and Olivia Newton John made the perfect couple even though there was trouble when they first noticed each other at the high school they went to because they were both from different ways of life.This movie never gets old and each time I see it I am entertained!!I have shared this movie with my kids and they like it as well. I think they have even showed it to my grandson and granddaughter who imitate some of the dancing and singing!I could watch this movie over and over again!!I hate calling it a classic only because it makes me feel old lol I was young when it came out and I actually saw it in the theater!!

I would recommend that people see this movie and appreciate a truly wholesome entertaining movie.
Esha Z.
Lorton, VA
This was such a cute movie and is such a classic! Love the setting, and I especially love the hair and outfits. The dance numbers are adorable and the diner and outfits really made me feel like I was born in the wrong time! John Travolta did a really good job in his role and I really enjoyed him in Pulp Fiction as well. I do think Pulp Fiction was better than this movie but it was still fairly good
Amanda L.
East Brunswick
How can I even say how much I love this movie!! This is my number one! It’s my favorite! I love all the songs and dances, I love the acting, I watch Grease 5 times in a row if I had the time. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone who is into love story’s and musicals. My favorite part of the movie as to be Grease Lighting- I can totally dance and sing a lot to every single part! 🤣
Brenda F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my favorite movies when I was growing up.  Jeff Conway is highly underrated and great in this movie. It's a musical and I am not big on musicals, but I loved this movie.  It has a great car race at the end.  If you grow up in the 80's this is a must have for your movie collection.
Samantha C.
Dover, DE
This is a classic! I love this movie and the soundtrack never gets old.  I can watch this movie over and over again because their fashion is so 50s, the characters are interesting, and the storyline is classic but different.  I definitely think this is a movie for everyone.
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Once again, here’s another movie I couldn’t put down when I was younger. I would watch this over and over again! I knew every word to every part of the movie.. and would sing along at the top of my lungs. I love JT. He’s always done so well in movies! And he was a hottie in this one! 😍
Olivia W.
Claremont, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is such a classic movie that’s fun for all ages, there are some risqué parts for kids but it’s such a good movie! You’ll want to sing along and dance along the entire time. This will become a favorite of anyone’s and you’ll find yourself quoting it after awhile!
Brittany A.
York
This movie can never get old about two people falling in love one summer but having bumps along the way as they meet again in school he has the bad boy look and attuide she is the sweet girl such an amazing classic fun of fun and great musicals
Tanya B.
Beloit , WI
This movie gives me chills! They are multiplying, and I'm losing control! Hehe. This movie is an absolute classic. Catchy music, great plot, perfect actors, and it's a movie that will never get old for me! Love it!
Kaytlyn H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm favorite movie! I used to watch this on replay all day everyday when I was younger and I could probably do the same now. The actors are my favorite and the story is great. Nothing will ever top grease for me.
Amanda G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Who else dances and sings along to it?
Natalie A.
Sevierville, TN
Grease or High School Musical?
Deborah S.
Clover, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Who was your favorite Character in Grease? I loved sandy (Olivia Newton-John) but also Rizzo (Stockard Channing)
Jessica P.
Parma Heights, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How did people like grease 2?
Jill H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I have never seen Grease. Is it as good as everyone says?