Granny Smith Apples uploaded by Princess C.Granny Smith Apples uploaded by Sarah L.Granny Smith Apples uploaded by Jeannine L.

BY USDA PRODUCE #5 in Fruit

Ahold™ Granny Smith Apples.
U.S. extra fancy.
Fresh guaranteed.
Very tart, crisp and juicy.
Best for snacking, salads, pies and baking.
2 1/2" min. dia.
Amount and % daily value per serving.
*A fat free, saturated fat free, sodium free food.
Calories 80.
Fat 0g*, 0%.
Sat fat 0g*, 0%.
Sodium 0mg*, 0%.
Total carb 22g, 7%.
Healthy Ideas®. see more...

Cari 💋.
Davis, CA
These apples are by far my favorite! But I especially love them in my apple pies. That perfect tart flavor balances out the sweetness in the sugar mixture. I prefer to peel them first before adding them to my pie, makes them easier to chew. They’re also a great snack, especially if you have been craving sour candy but want to stay on the healthy side of things! I would definitely recommend if you’re making an apple pie to use Granny Smith, they’re such a popular type of apple, that you can buy them wherever produce is sold.
Deysha d.
I love these apples. Not only do they make a great snack with peanut butter or Nutella, they are also great when juiced with cucumber, pineapple and mint. It's a great detox juice, plus it's just tasty & refreshing when iced, especially in the summer.
Michelle B.
Rome, GA
I love a good Granny Smith apple! They are a little high in natural sugars so I don’t eat them every often but I do enjoy a bite every now and then. My daughter loves them as well but then again I don’t think there are many people that don’t!
Christina T.
Cumberland, KY
Granny Smith apples has to be my fave type of apple. They are sweet, yet tangy. These are the perfect apples for apple pie. You can buy them at any grocery store for cheap. Apples are packed with nutrients and are good for the body. I highly recommend them.
Lynn B.
These are crisp, tart apples. I use them for smoothies and juicing. These are great for snacks as they are filling and healthy. People use them for candied apples. These aren’t expensive and can be found at all grocery stores.
Caitlin B.
Wetumpka, AL
Mhmm by far the best green apples! The taste is sour while sweet at the same time. Makes for a healthy snack. I purchased from Walmart. They are super affordable I would recommend to anyone. I will definitely purchase again.
Mahiyat M.
The only apple I love! I used these apples for my #InfluensterEats #contest for my apple pie bake and it turned out sooo yummy! They’re usually cheap at the grocery store too! Love love love :)
Keyshia C.
New York
Granny Smith is my favorite apple. I've tried many varieties, and I still call it my favorite. I like them best in pies, especially Apple Betty pies. I like to peel and dice them and then dip them in lemon juice and freeze them, then all set for making pies! Some people don't like the acidity, but I do. When the rest of the supermarket apples have lost their flavor in the spring and fall, Granny Smith still tastes good to me.
Bridget M.
Bothell, WA
This is a great Apple; I like them best in pies, especially Apple Betty pies. they are a little tart so if using them for sauce, I always needed to add sweetener. I like to peel and dice them and then dip them in lemon juice and freeze them, then all set for making pies!
Rheba M.
I wouldn’t dare use any other kind of apple for an apple pie. These bake up quite nicely when putting them into a pie crust raw. They have a tart taste raw so the sugar that you add when baking gives it the perfect amount of sweetness.
Charlotte P.
Redruth, Truro
Any tips on eating apples with braces?