BY GRANNICK'S BITTER APPLE

Grannick's original spray formula is designed to discourage fur biting, hair chewing and licking of hot spots. Invented by a pharmacist in 1960, Bitter Apple spray leaves an unpleasant yet harmless taste on your dog's fur to discourage licking, chewing and biting. Keeps dogs from licking wounds and hot-spots, so they have a chance to heal properly. Ingredients: Water, isopropanol 20%, bitter principles, and extractives. see more...

• Will this spray help with dogs eating other puppies AND c...2 Answers
Chelsea C.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I definitely recommend trying this if you have a younger puppy, although not all of them have an aversion to the taste so you’ll have to see! It works great for getting them to stop chewing on shoes, furniture or couch but you have to spray it right before they chew on it or once you catch them spray it on the item because there more than likely to go right back to it. The spray doesn’t last super long so it’s wasted if you go around spraying it all over your home. Also if you want you can try apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle for a similar effect that’s a little less expensive
Gina A.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I recommend this stuff to anyone who has a nippy puppy. My pug has been a biter since the day I got her. It was just her thing. This helped discourage her from ruining the kitchen corners and cabinets she was chewing on incessantly. This is also great for furniture as I use it to stop the biting and chewing on furniture as well as incessant licking. I use this on my hands as well to stop her from biting me to play.
Stacie D.
Jacksonville, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
We had to use this when we first got our Rough Collie as a puppy. It never discolored any of our carpet or other materials we had to spray this on, but it did an amazing job keeping her mouth and teeth off of everything! It didn't last very long though, so you had to respray areas about every other day. Definitely worth the money and saves money in the end with reducing puppy chewing!
Bethany H.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This product definitely does it's job (at first). When you first spray something, say a tennis shoe or pillow, the dog won't bite it. My pup sniffs it, sneezes, licks it, then leaves it alone. However, once the spray dries it seems to have no effect. I don't think it's really worth the purchase unless you are prepared to keep spraying items daily.
Shelly M.
Harrison, TN
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
This stopped my dog from destroying my house from separation anxiety. Would also be good for puppies!!!!! Grannick's Bitter Apple Spray For Dogs And Cats 16 Oz
Amber B.
Calif City, CA
Using this for my dogs bandage. He gets sores on his ankles and chews them up so I bandage them for a week at a time to promote healing. He HATES when I even pull the bottle out which is perfect! He doesn't even bother trying to get the bandages off of his feet because of this stuff. I stay stocked up on it!
Charlotte S.
Dickson, TN
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This worked pretty well when training my dogs not to chew up our house and everything in it!! I think this spray + growing up has helped them so much! They are 3 and 4 years old now and haven't chewed anything up since they were puppies.
Minerva T.
Kyle
I'm sure this differs from pup to pup but my Labrador has never been deterred by this spray. We used to have it in his teething phase but he would still chew through things it was sprayed on. Now that he's older, I haven't had to use it but even when I spray it somewhere, he'll come close and lick it instead of avoiding the area...
Stephanie H.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
I thought this product worked great for the first few mins... but after about 10 mins of spraying it my dog went right back to chewing and biting the area so I'm not really sure how long the effects are suppose to last but I wish it was longer than 10 mins.
Katie D.
Huber Heights , OH
This item works so well! My dog used to chew on anything and everything before we started using this! Once we got it and started spraying things with it he stopped chewing everything up
Denise B.
N Wilkesboro, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Will this spray help with dogs eating other puppies AND cats poo? I know, I know... I have a 7/8 year old Beagle that loves to chew on it and it's so gross!!! Was hoping a bottle of this would.

back