Grand Central Publishing The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks (Hardcover)

by Grand Central Publishing

In the tradition of his beloved first novel, The Notebook, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with the remarkable story of two couples whose lives intersect in profound and surprising ways. Ira Levinson is in trouble. Ninety-one years old and stranded and injured after a car crash, he struggles to retain consciousness until a blurry image materializes beside him: his beloved wife Ruth, who passed away nine years ago. Urging him to hang on, she forces him to remain alert by recounting the stories of their lifetime together - how they met, the precious paintings they collected together, the dark days of WWII and its effect on them and their families. Ira knows that Ruth can't possibly be in the car with him, but he clings to her words and his memories, reliving the sorrows and everyday joys that defined their marriage. A few miles away, at a local bull-riding event, a Wake Forest College senior's life is about to change. Recovering from a recent break-up, Sophia Danko meets a young cowboy named Luke, who bears little resemblance to the privileged frat boys she has encountered at school. Through Luke, Sophia is introduced to a world in which the stakes of survival and success, ruin and reward - even life and death - loom large in everyday life. As she and Luke fall in love, Sophia finds herself imagining a future far removed from her plans - a future that Luke has the power to rewrite. if the secret he's keeping doesn't destroy it first. Ira and Ruth. Sophia and Luke. Two couples who have little in common, and who are separated by years and experience. Yet their lives will converge with unexpected poignancy, reminding us all that even the most difficult decisions can yield extraordinary journeys: beyond despair, beyond death, to the farthest reaches of the human heart.

Is this better than the film?
How does this compare to the lucky one?
Any one else just love this book ? The movie was good too
Start your review of Grand Central Publishing The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks (Hardcover)!
London, KY
If I had to pick a favorite this would by far be my second favorite book by this author. The first being The Notebook of course!! This has a great storyline! I liked that it was adapted into a movie but isn’t the book always better!! Love it! Great book!!
Hudson, NH
This is one of my favorite Nicholas sparks books! I am a sucker for anything real country, so I knew I was probably going to love it. The book is way better than the movie. The story line will hook you in and make you want to never put it down.
Dudley , MA
I really enjoyed this book. I found parts of it dry and wanted to skip through the boring bits. I persevered though and I enjoyed the book truly. I enjoyed the modern story more than Ira's, but that's just because of all the historical facts that weighted his story down. It didn't flow as smoothly as the modern tale. Most of Sparks books I end up disliking or only mildly enjoying. This one I enjoyed more than most. I highly recommend reading this one. It is one of his better ones.
Bremen, GA
I honestly have yet to find a Nicholas Sparks book that I dislike, and this one was one of the best ones I’ve read by him. The storyline is so unique in terms of the setting in which the characters live and interact because the world of rodeo is something I was unfamiliar with and had never really read about prior. In typical Nicholas Sparks fashion, this is a romantic read that you just can’t put down. If you’re one of the few people who has never read one of his books, this is one I would definitely recommend picking up!
Obetz, OH
I have read every single one of Nicholas Sparks' books, and this one would have to be in my top 5 favorites from him! I would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for a love story, with some hardships in it as well! Not to mention, if you love cowboys and rodeos, this book has plenty of both! Also, feel free to watch the movie after you read the book! :)
Para mí, ha sido el mejor libro de toda la colección de Sparks... ambas historias son lindas pero para mi, la historia de Ira y Ruth es simplemente hermosa, fue toda una vida llena de amor y dulzura. Aunque la lectura se me hizo un poco lenta en las partes que no eran de Ira y Ruth.
Altamonte Spg, FL
Bookworm Expert Level 3
Yes yes yes. I bought this the day it was released and finished it the same day. I fell so in love with Luke. It was such a relatable story and I adored it. The relationship between like and sophia is a perfect example of a college relationship. You should definitely read this book.
Nicholas Sparks is my all time favorite author!! While this is not my favorite book by him, it is still a really good book. I loved Luke and Sophia's story line, the other one couldn't hold my attention and I honestly had to skip through those parts at times.
Grayson, LA
This book was the first aid read from him and it was such a sweet, touching story! I listened through Audible and fell in love with the characters and the story! It's a wonderful book for all ages with such truth and he neatest twist! Read it!!!
Towson, MD
I loved reading this book, it was relate able in many ways but it also creates a perfect fantasy. I always love Nicholas Sparks books and movies. It was a great book, the ending was a little predictable but it was still a good read.