BY GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING

In the tradition of his beloved first novel, The Notebook, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with the remarkable story of two couples whose lives intersect in profound and surprising ways. Ira Levinson is in trouble. Ninety-one years old and stranded and injured after a car crash, he struggles to retain consciousness until a blurry image materializes beside him: his beloved wife Ruth, who passed away nine years ago. Urging him to hang on, she forces him to remain alert by recounting the stories of their lifetime together - how they met, the precious paintings they collected together, the dark days of WWII and its effect on them and their families. Ira knows that Ruth can't possibly be in the car with him, but he clings to her words and his memories, reliving the sorrows and everyday joys that defined their marriage. A few miles away, at a local bull-riding event, a Wake Forest College senior's life is about to change. Recovering from a recent break-up, Sophia Danko meets a young cowboy named Luke, who bears little resemblance to the privileged frat boys she has encountered at school. Through Luke, Sophia is introduced to a world in which the stakes of survival and success, ruin and reward - even life and death - loom large in everyday life. As she and Luke fall in love, Sophia finds herself imagining a future far removed from her plans - a future that Luke has the power to rewrite. if the secret he's keeping doesn't destroy it first. Ira and Ruth. Sophia and Luke. Two couples who have little in common, and who are separated by years and experience. Yet their lives will converge with unexpected poignancy, reminding us all that even the most difficult decisions can yield extraordinary journeys: beyond despair, beyond death, to the farthest reaches of the human heart. see more...

Buy on Target*
Alex P.
Elizabeth, PA
Bookworm Expert
I just finished reading this book and it was truly a wonderful and emotional ride to read this. It's almost a novel of fate, because some of the characters' lives wouldn't have ended up how they did without another series of events. This book was so amazingly written. A few parts made me laugh, several pulled at my heartstrings and some even made me cry. It's a beautiful novel about the power of love and the path your life can take when you meet that one special person who will walk with you on the longest ride.
Chelsea M.
Love the book! I've had this for a couple years, started it and couldn't get into it. Last weekend I sat down, determined to get this book started and I couldn't put it down. No tears, but very suspenseful at times. Last night I decided to watch the movie and it was awful, they cut out so many good details.
Brianna J.
Mantua, OH
I'm such a Nicholas Sparks fan, I love the sappy love story type novels, typical women here haha. I've read a handful of his books, but this one is definitely in my top 3 favorites! I love the storyline and how emotional it is. It's definitely one of those I can reread over and over!
Aleksandra R.
I love Nicholas Sparks! In my eyes he can do no wrong. The book is one of my favorites by him. It has the perfect amount of romance, some drama and I loved the fact that it had flashbacks! Sparks writes the most amazing romance books and I can read his books over and over again.
Gabrielle B.
Nicholas Sparks is my all time favorite author!! While this is not my favorite book by him, it is still a really good book. I loved Luke and Sophia's story line, the other one couldn't hold my attention and I honestly had to skip through those parts at times.
Courtney M.
Bookworm Expert
The book was amazing. The movie was good, but it had a lot more changes from the book than normal. In most nicholas sparks movies, there are changes but not as many as this one did. The book was so great though. Hard to put down.
Violet L.
Calhoun , GA
This is one of my absolute favorites from Nicholas Sparks. I think it's a beautiful love story unlike the others. I think the storyline is great! I do t recommend the movie, it was awful and did the book no justice!
Gretchen G.
Another great one! I watched the movie first and loved it so I had to read the book. Although different in many ways from the movie, I really enjoyed this one! Great love story and one of his best books! I highly recommend!
Shelby A.
Tobyhanna, PA
I love this book! I own and have read every Nicholas sparks book. This one is one of my favorites. It's one of his classic romances and incorporates two stories into one. The movie was well done as well. I love Nicholas Sparks and recommend this book for a romantic lover.
Laiza H.
Wake Forest, NC
OMG! I love this book! I love the movie! It's perfect! I really love Nicholas Sparks' books. This one looks like my life and it always makes me cry haha but it's good memories. I recommend this one Grand Central Publishing The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks (Hardcover)
Kimberly A.
Vermilion , Oh
Any one else just love this book ? The movie was good too
Charl L.
Is this better than the film?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
How does this compare to the lucky one?