BY GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING

In the tradition of his beloved first novel, The Notebook, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks returns with the remarkable story of two couples whose lives intersect in profound and surprising ways. Ira Levinson is in trouble. Ninety-one years old and stranded and injured after a car crash, he struggles to retain consciousness until a blurry image materializes beside him: his beloved wife Ruth, who passed away nine years ago. Urging him to hang on, she forces him to remain alert by recounting the stories of their lifetime together - how they met, the precious paintings they collected together, the dark days of WWII and its effect on them and their families. Ira knows that Ruth can't possibly be in the car with him, but he clings to her words and his memories, reliving the sorrows and everyday joys that defined their marriage. A few miles away, at a local bull-riding event, a Wake Forest College senior's life is about to change. Recovering from a recent break-up, Sophia Danko meets a young cowboy named Luke, who bears little resemblance to the privileged frat boys she has encountered at school. Through Luke, Sophia is introduced to a world in which the stakes of survival and success, ruin and reward - even life and death - loom large in everyday life. As she and Luke fall in love, Sophia finds herself imagining a future far removed from her plans - a future that Luke has the power to rewrite. if the secret he's keeping doesn't destroy it first. Ira and Ruth. Sophia and Luke. Two couples who have little in common, and who are separated by years and experience. Yet their lives will converge with unexpected poignancy, reminding us all that even the most difficult decisions can yield extraordinary journeys: beyond despair, beyond death, to the farthest reaches of the human heart. see more...

Hannah A.
Hannah A.
I really enjoyed this book. I found parts of it dry and wanted to skip through the boring bits. I persevered though and I enjoyed the book truly. I enjoyed the modern story more than Ira's, but that's just because of all the historical facts that weighted his story down. It didn't flow as smoothly as the modern tale. Most of Sparks books I end up disliking or only mildly enjoying. This one I enjoyed more than most. I highly recommend reading this one. It is one of his better ones.
Lilibeth M.
Lilibeth M.
Para mí, ha sido el mejor libro de toda la colección de Sparks... ambas historias son lindas pero para mi, la historia de Ira y Ruth es simplemente hermosa, fue toda una vida llena de amor y dulzura. Aunque la lectura se me hizo un poco lenta en las partes que no eran de Ira y Ruth.
Kristan A.
Kristan A.
Altamonte Springs, FL
Yes yes yes. I bought this the day it was released and finished it the same day. I fell so in love with Luke. It was such a relatable story and I adored it. The relationship between like and sophia is a perfect example of a college relationship. You should definitely read this book.
Gabrielle B.
Gabrielle B.
Nicholas Sparks is my all time favorite author!! While this is not my favorite book by him, it is still a really good book. I loved Luke and Sophia's story line, the other one couldn't hold my attention and I honestly had to skip through those parts at times.
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Grayson, LA
This book was the first aid read from him and it was such a sweet, touching story! I listened through Audible and fell in love with the characters and the story! It's a wonderful book for all ages with such truth and he neatest twist! Read it!!!
Naiomi E.
Naiomi E.
Towson, MD
I loved reading this book, it was relate able in many ways but it also creates a perfect fantasy. I always love Nicholas Sparks books and movies. It was a great book, the ending was a little predictable but it was still a good read.
Amber K.
Amber K.
N Huntingdon, PA
This was a good one! I really liked the sexy cowboy live interest. I loved the backstory also with the older couple. This book was so sweet. A very happy ending this time. I recommend if you like mushy romantic stories.
Valerie B.
Valerie B.
Lakeside, CA
This was a great book. Nicholas Sparks can never do wrong. He's an amazing author and has such a way with words. The book wasn't pricey. It was typical for him. I've read all of his books and recommend him constantly.
Katrina H.
Katrina H.
Dixon, MO
Nicholas Sparks is probably my favorite author ever! The way he writes is great! Every single book I've read of his has never disappointed me one bit. This was a great love story and has some great history.
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Orlando, FL
One of my least fave Nicholas Sparks books, but I still like it. I look forward to every book he has come out! I've read all his books!
Kimberly A.
Kimberly A.
Vermilion , Oh
Any one else just love this book ? The movie was good too
Victoria F.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
How does this compare to the lucky one?