BY GRAND CANYON #2 in Travel

• Grand Canyon is beautiful and a great place to visit and ...20 Answers
  • How long is the hike to get to the best view?13 Answers
  • Dumb question.. But where exactly is this place? 44 Answers
Reviews (2004)
  • "went to the grand canyon one spring break years ago, and the images on the super bowl this past weekend were a reminder of how much i want to go back with my kids." in 29 reviews
  • "I go there every year and have been going for over a decade now and would not miss this glorious attraction for anything, it is a must see." in 27 reviews
  • "Be sure to plan enough time to really explore, don't just look over the edge and cross it off the bucket list... and don't exaggerate it to children :) " in 23 reviews
  • "The Grand Canyon is so breath taking and beautiful as soon as I got there and started taking everything in I cried from happiness and excitement" in 18 reviews
  • "I made a trip out west about five years ago and we toured multiple national parks including the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands and Brice Canyon." in 13 reviews
Dinah B.
Windsor
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I spent 2 weeks south of Phoenix with a couple of colleagues working a few years back.  We decided to venture out on the weekend and drove up to Sedona.  On Saturday, we headed out early for a day trip to the Grand Canyon.  It was tears at first glimpse!!  We entered the park through the South Rim entrance and headed straight for the visitor's center.  Our first glimpse of the canyon had us both speechless and teary eyed.  It was just.....well I am not sure if I can describe it.  Speechless and teary eyed!  We drove along the rim road and exited at a side entrance to go back down to Sedona.  There are multiple places to pull off along the drive and each one offers a completely different view.  I would love to return and take my husband.  What I found amazing is the folks from AZ with whom we were working those two weeks had never been to the canyon and looked at us like we were nuts to be so excited about it.  We still talk about it.
Adele L.
yuma, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Living in AZ I have been to the Grand Canyon countless times. I have to say this is my happy place. It is so silent and filled with options for all adventure sizes. Pro is there is plenty to do no matter what area you are in. A con is if you travel during the summer it is over 100F so pack some sunscreen and a large hat. It is one amazing experience everyone should at least see once.
Amanda U.
Philadelphia, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
If you’re looking for one of the most breathtaking experiences of your life then you need to make time to visit the Grand Canyon. I truly don’t think I pricked my jaw up off of the ground the entire time I was there. I can not wait to go back! And soon! Don’t forget to bring your camera with you! You’re going o want to see these views over and over again
Tashia E.
Bristol, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This is one place in America that everyone NEEDS to see before passing. I didn't deal with anyone in customer service. My favorite part is it didn't feel packed with tourists. It was still very natural and breathtakingly beautiful. Add this to your bucketlist, you won't be disappointed. :)
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Oh this place is beautiful !! i havent been there but my husband have and he brought pictures back and said next time we will go together, and i can not wait!! the pictures and videos he came with are just unreal and i cant believe that these are places in USA!! i am so amazed and cant wait to go. i usually travel with him but this time we just had a baby and he went with his family.
Taylor M.
Morgan Hill, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
This is a must see adventure in America! If you are daring enough, hike down and you can experience some of the most amazing views and beautiful waterfalls! It’s hard to climb down but it is so rewarding!
Lauryn N.
Smyrna, GA
If you're looking for a place that will literally blow your mind, you need to visit the GC. My husband and I went at the beginning of December and it was everything we could have hoped for. December is a very cold time to visit, but there's much less people. They snow just added to its beauty. We went to the South Rim (you can't visit the North Rim in the winter). We hiked down to the first rest house in to to Canyon and it was an amazing but scary hike. The trail was covered in ice. If you hike there in the winter make sure you rent crampons and/or a hiking pole. Also, stop at the Safeway in Williams,AZ before you get there to buy snacks and water. The food choices are very limited.
riz z.
Flushing, NY
The Grand Canyon is overwhelmingly beautiful! I cannot believe how big it is...I mean I knew it was huge but omg huge is an understatement! I love that it's just a measly 4hr drive from Las Vegas...I mean it's long but worth it! My boyfriend and I had such a great time just being in awe of this earthly masterpiece.

Also be aware of the random elk that are just out there enjoying the view...however be super careful a guide told us that mothers can be very protective of their young...and it's a damn wild animal so proceed with caution.

Also take your time here...don't be in a hurry to see the Grand Canyon because it gets better the more you walk. There special monoculars along the trail where you can see interesting aspects of the Grand Canyon like the Colorado river...which I totally forgot about lol.
Amy N.
Moore, SC
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
It's something that you need to see, absolutely. It will take your breath away that this is a natural creation and that it's here in the United States. I think that a lot of Americans take for granted what we have right here in our own national parks. Make sure that you go to the natural side, not the side with the walk around, and you'll see the "real" Grand Canyon.
Aislin T.
The Grand Canyon is breathtaking. I went several years ago and it was all snowy. It looked absolutely beautiful. Pictures honestly don't do it justice. Not to mention it is massive. Although I only walked for a bit, I know they offer many different things such as hiking and even helicopter tours. I would definitely recommend visiting, it's worth the trip!
Mikesha T.
Los Angeles , CA
Dumb question.. But where exactly is this place?
Alex Y.
Detroit, MI
Worth the trip?
Katelyn O.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How beautiful is the grand canyon!?!?
Jessica S.
When is the best time of year to go?
Kasey S.
Boaz, AL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Anyone ever been here before