BY GRAND CANYON #2 in Travel

• Grand Canyon is beautiful and a great place to visit and ...20 Answers
  • How long is the hike to get to the best view?13 Answers
  • Dumb question.. But where exactly is this place? 44 Answers
Reviews (2022)
  • "went to the grand canyon one spring break years ago, and the images on the super bowl this past weekend were a reminder of how much i want to go back with my kids." in 29 reviews
  • "I go there every year and have been going for over a decade now and would not miss this glorious attraction for anything, it is a must see." in 27 reviews
  • "Be sure to plan enough time to really explore, don't just look over the edge and cross it off the bucket list... and don't exaggerate it to children :) " in 23 reviews
  • "The Grand Canyon is so breath taking and beautiful as soon as I got there and started taking everything in I cried from happiness and excitement" in 18 reviews
  • "I made a trip out west about five years ago and we toured multiple national parks including the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands and Brice Canyon." in 13 reviews
Dinah B.
Windsor
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I spent 2 weeks south of Phoenix with a couple of colleagues working a few years back.  We decided to venture out on the weekend and drove up to Sedona.  On Saturday, we headed out early for a day trip to the Grand Canyon.  It was tears at first glimpse!!  We entered the park through the South Rim entrance and headed straight for the visitor's center.  Our first glimpse of the canyon had us both speechless and teary eyed.  It was just.....well I am not sure if I can describe it.  Speechless and teary eyed!  We drove along the rim road and exited at a side entrance to go back down to Sedona.  There are multiple places to pull off along the drive and each one offers a completely different view.  I would love to return and take my husband.  What I found amazing is the folks from AZ with whom we were working those two weeks had never been to the canyon and looked at us like we were nuts to be so excited about it.  We still talk about it.
Adele L.
Yuma, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Living in AZ I have been to the Grand Canyon countless times. I have to say this is my happy place. It is so silent and filled with options for all adventure sizes. Pro is there is plenty to do no matter what area you are in. A con is if you travel during the summer it is over 100F so pack some sunscreen and a large hat. It is one amazing experience everyone should at least see once.
marolyn c.
Honestly this place is so beautiful !! It’s so pretty to walk down and look at the wild animals and the beautiful scenery !! The sunsets are beautiful too, the way the sun reflects off of the canyon ! I would definitely go here again and I recommend this extraordinary place !!
Emily B.
Portland, OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The last time I was in Vegas, I was lucky enough to take a helicopter ride to the Grand Canyon. We not only flew over it but landed and had a picnic with time to explore. It was absolutely more breathtaking than any picture or thing I could imagine. Worth it to go at least once in your life.
Tashia E.
Bristol, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This is one place in America that everyone NEEDS to see before passing. I didn't deal with anyone in customer service. My favorite part is it didn't feel packed with tourists. It was still very natural and breathtakingly beautiful. Add this to your bucketlist, you won't be disappointed. :)
Katherine F.
Fayetteville
The grand canyon is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been to. It was always on my bucket list to come visit it and I finally got to visit it last summer. Definitely has some breathtaking views perfect for pictures any hiker should definitely consider visiting
Lauryn N.
Smyrna, GA
If you're looking for a place that will literally blow your mind, you need to visit the GC. My husband and I went at the beginning of December and it was everything we could have hoped for. December is a very cold time to visit, but there's much less people. They snow just added to its beauty. We went to the South Rim (you can't visit the North Rim in the winter). We hiked down to the first rest house in to to Canyon and it was an amazing but scary hike. The trail was covered in ice. If you hike there in the winter make sure you rent crampons and/or a hiking pole. Also, stop at the Safeway in Williams,AZ before you get there to buy snacks and water. The food choices are very limited.
Chaya K.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We visited the Great Canyon while living in Phoenix! This majestic place is spectacular- there’s nothing like it on Earth and a place to visit in your lifetime! I encourage all to visit one day!
Sheryl C.
Dallas
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Amazing national park! The best way to see it is from the bottom though! I highly recommend planning a trip to Havasupai! Permits go on sale early in the year and sell out within hours! Best trip of my life and want to go again someday.
Taylor M.
Morgan Hill, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
This is a must see adventure in America! If you are daring enough, hike down and you can experience some of the most amazing views and beautiful waterfalls! It’s hard to climb down but it is so rewarding!
Mikesha T.
Los Angeles , CA
Dumb question.. But where exactly is this place?
Alex Y.
Detroit, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Worth the trip?
Katelyn O.
East Stroudsburg, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How beautiful is the grand canyon!?!?
Jessica S.
When is the best time of year to go?
Kasey S.
Boaz, AL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Anyone ever been here before